• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Forkball

Royal Rumble 2000
No Way Out 2000
Backlash 2000
Fully Loaded 2000
Summerslam 2000

All cracking shows, Backlash is incredible.

Fully Loaded 2000 had TWELVE matches on that card. Same with Backlash 2000. I can't imagine having 12 matches on any card today. They probably could though if they actually built up their talent.

I agree with WM2000 being horrible for that era. WWF was wicked hot at the time and we were in the new millennium. The PPV was so predictable and lacked Stone Cold and Undertaker....I don't even think HBK even showed up, and dat main event. What a let down from how great the Royal Rumble 2000 was

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Landmark Manias rarely deliver. 30 is going to be remembered for how it DIDN'T set the pace for the next year.

20823568_wwf_wrestlemania_2000_n64_na-1410392264131.jpg

Such a good game.
Da fuq? Shoe with Muscles. Totally shopped. Right?

E: Body same as Trips..lol

Alucard

Banned
People watch WWE in hopes it gets better. I still don't know how people willing subject themselves to RAW every week on the off chance its decent.

I've not watched RAW in 11 years and feel I've not missed anything of value especially now you can just watch a gif or read a report on that rare great moment.

This guy gets it. Watching 3 hours of Raw every single week is just masochism.

DMczaf

Oh, lawd. 2000 is so far away.

That being said, I'm to Bash at the Beach '96! I watched the go home show (Disco attacking Kurasawa with the disco ball, the Outsiders buying tickets/taking off in a Corvette, etc.) last night and hope to start THE BIGGEST NIGHT IN THE HISTORY OF OUR GREAT SPORT tonight. I may push it back to tomorrow, though, as I have a busy day today.

Anyway! I'm excited.

xVlKJN6.gif

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
So as of last night, I went half-way on an Xbox one(Twin bro owns the other half)

The network runs great on it. Haven't had a chance to actually play anything however, due to one small problem...

BEHOLD YOUR ALL DIGITAL FUTURE! Where games take 12+ hours to fully download, and pre-loading only gives you the tutorial level, as well as making it more likely for the download to fail!

Suffice to say, I'll be sticking to buying my games physically for as long as possible.

Alucard

Banned
So as of last night, I went half-way on an Xbox one(Twin bro owns the other half)

The network runs great on it. Haven't had a chance to actually play anything however, due to one small problem...

BEHOLD YOUR ALL DIGITAL FUTURE! Where games take 12+ hours to fully download, and pre-loading only gives you the tutorial level, as well as making it more likely for the download to fail!

Suffice to say, I'll be sticking to buying my games physically for as long as possible.

Phew. I'm glad I'm sticking to playing 16-bit RPGS for a good while.

Aiii

So not worth it

For all the shit people, rightfully, have given PSN, the PS4 is pretty amazing in how fast you can start playing.

ecurbj

N64 wrestling games were indeed the shit. That was the golden age, bros.
Dat...

brand.gif
m

Best wrestling game company of ALL time. I can't tell you how many hours I put into Wrestlemania 2000, No Mercy, WCW vs. NWO World Tour,
Ultimate Muscle: Legends vs. New Generation, Def Jam series and WCW/NWO Revenge. I miss the "glorious" age :(

Da fuq? Shoe with Muscles. Totally shopped. Right?
E: Body same as Trips..lol
I think Show looked better back then when he arrived as Paul White in the WWE. Then he just got fat. But totally exaggerated muscle tone on Show tho, lol.

Fave Five Wrestlemanias:
1. WMX
2. WMXII
3. WMVII
4. WMVI
5. WMX8

5. WM VI - First one I can really remember
4. WM X8
3. WM X - Owen v Bret, Razor v Shawn Michaels. Good times.
2. WM X-Seven
1. WM XIV - Simply because I had this on tape and I watched it ALL the time.

Nerdkiller

Membeur

Yup. This is why I'm physical to the end on my consoles.

strobogo

Banned
this is all true.

I used to think it was shit, then recently rewatched it and thought it was decent, but that's compared to current day WWE. i think even wcw 2000 would look good compared to this stuff

is that too hyperbolic stro?

Yes. Current WWE is bland and boring but with solid-great matches. WCW 2000 was a trainwreck with only a handful of guys that could do anything in the ring and when they got paired together it would be a 4 minute matches with 6 guys interfering, a ref bump, and a heel turn.

It still takes way too long to install than it should even if you have the disc. The PS4 does have that beat in spades as Aiii said. They both have their strengths and weaknesses though so it's cool, hope you have fun with the new system.

I left Halo on to download and install before I went to sleep last night and I was half expecting it to still remain installing lol (thankfully it finished).

Aiii

So not worth it
Zack Ryder ✔ @ZackRyder
Sorry to my European Zack Pack...won't be making the tour this year...I'll let you know why in a few days when I have definite news

Injured, quitting or fired, place your bets now.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
It still takes way too long to install than it should even if you have the disc. The PS4 does have that beat in spades as Aiii said. They both have their strengths and weaknesses though so it's cool, hope you have fun with the new system.

I left Halo on to download and install before I went to sleep last night and I was half expecting it to still remain installing lol (thankfully it finished).
The worst part is that I did the reverse. I set it up to where it would continue to install in standby mode, and when I woke up, it was only 38%... *sigh*

Alucard

Banned
Ishii
ricochet
AJ styles
young bucks
Adam Cole

all having great years

Agreed. 2014 has been really fun outside of the WWE. (not counting Mania XXX, which was great)

Joke or not, I find this too true. The matches are pretty decent, but there's no real interest in them other smarky-ish 'Oh boy I bet those two will work well together'.

If I don't care about the characters, why should I care about the match? WWE is the biggest in the game and they can barely generate interest with an absolutely stacked roster.

The Brock Lesnar situation with WWE continues to become an interesting story as his contract gets closer to winding down. There is a lot of talk that Lesnar's price tag might not be enough to justify using him for shows outside of WWE Royal Rumble and WrestleMania.

The WWE Battleground event in July did 31,000 buys on pay-per-view in North America without Lesnar on the show. By comparison, the WWE Night of Champions show in September did 30,000 buys in North America with a Lesnar vs. John Cena main event. Additionally, the worldwide numbers in recent months for shows without Lesnar actually sold more than those with him as part of the card.

The key factor with Lesnar is his price tag. The original plan, which could still be in the works, is for Lesnar to finally lose at WrestleMania 31 to Roman Reigns, making Reigns' the new face of the company. Part of the issue with that is the concern that it won't be as meaningful if everyone knows it's Lesnar's final match.

There was an expectation at one point in time that WWE would sign Lesnar to a new deal and possibly give him a big babyface run. While it could still happen, it really seems to boil down to whether or not WWE considers his price tag something that's worth it financially in the end.

As far as Lesnar's next match, the plan was for him to beat John Cena in January so that the win by Reigns at WrestleMania would look even more impressive. However, if WWE decides that they can't afford to re-sign Lesnar, then the plans for the Lesnar-Cena match could be changed. The alternative as things stand now would appear to be Cena beating Lesnar, setting up a Cena vs. Reigns match at WrestleMania, which Reigns would win. They could also put the title on Seth Rollins and have Reigns beat him at WrestleMania, however the feeling is that wouldn't be as meaningful as Reigns beating Lesnar or Cena

Cena Vs Reigns. smell the subscriptions

Heel

The feeling is WWE is in a dire situation when their best course of action is hoping for a bearded gnome to return as the face of their company.

DMczaf

If we get Cena vs Reigns...does that mean we can see Brock vs Bryan as Brock's send off?

We were robbed of this match at Summerslam ;_;

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't buy Seth Rollins as champ with that voice of his. Everything else is fine, but he's got that Dolph Ziggler 'I sound like I'm in high school still' kind of voice.

“FOLEY FOR GM?
“When asked a few months ago on social media how I would feel about another run as a WWE General Manager, I said. “I don’t think I will be asked, and would turn down the offer if I was.”

“Well, after my appearance on WWE Monday Night Raw a few weeks ago, I’ve kind of changed my tune. That appearance energized me, and made me feel like I just might have something to offer #WWE on a more regular basis.

I think there is a chance I’ll be asked about becoming GM within the next year – and if asked… I think I’d do it,”

Top Bottom