• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Goddamn, scary-ass bump from the CZW show last night;

https://twitter.com/CZWFans/status/531315205348016128

So dumb, hope the dude's OK.

Holy shit, that was so fucking stupid.

Really hope he's alright after that.

jesus fuck poor guy

Jeez that bump looked nasty

That was absolutely terrifying to see live. After that, he was out for a good 5 minutes or so. They ended up getting the EMTs on standby to take him to the hospital.

Update on that - 'He has a fractured c6 vertebrae. He doesn't need surgery. 12 weeks in a restrain brace with observation every 2 weeks. He got lucky.'

I've seen death valley drivers on the apron. Looks like the guy just didn't execute it properly here.

Quote to see my thoughts on this, lest I get in trouble.

[email="It's both Preacher's fault for taking that bump wrong, and Colon's fault for thinking it was a good idea to do that move to that guy. Preacher isn't a scramble guy, Colon's done that fucking apron DVD spot way too many times now, and that shit needs to fucking stop.']Bananawaffle[/email]

DMczaf

The few real life wrestling fan friends I have also checked out on WWE in the last couple of weeks.

I don't even know where the ratings are coming from at this point.

I like how Matt Cross does apron DVDs, as he makes it look like it's going to be a head drop, but the actual bump ends up more like an Attitude Adjustment. Incidentally, why the hell isn't Matt Cross booked more places? Very talented dude who's probably in the best form of his career.

It depends for me, Steen really kick started the trend but his apron powerbomb looks super safe compared to some of the shit you see guys do - the trouble with any apron spot is that, if it goes wrong, it's really going to go wrong. So perhaps something only talented wrestlers should attempt, not fools like Alex Colon and Shane Strickland who have in the past shown to have little regard for their opponent's well-being.

Apron stuff is relatively safe, truth be told; you're still bumping on wood, it just gives the impression of the metal supports, which would've been insta-death there.

That being said...quote time.

see

tumblr_neresfL4wj1qd9sx7o1_400.gif

strobogo

Banned
Dreams today were outta control and OUTTA NOWHERE, but they're also fading so I have to hurry to get them down.

At a meeting apparently at NXT or something. HHH talks a lot about THIS BUSINESS, shits on some top guy that was so out of shape they had to send him down to OVW to get his shit together. StroMomo is next to me. Next to talk is 1999 Big Show, who is STEAMED. StroMomo asks why he's so angry. I tell her the guy HHH was shitting on was him. Then the real event happened: The marriage of Bret Hart to some woman. From this point on in the dream, my POV switched from mine to Bret's. He's a little upset that he only had 3 hours notice that he was getting married and didn't have clothes or anything. So he got married in his ring gear with a tuxedo jacket. Hair all stringy and gross. And then Hollywood Hogan rapped. I tried to look it up on Youtube in the dream but couldn't find it. BUT HOLY FUCK I LOOKED IT UP NOW AND IT EXISTS:
Hulk Hogan-Beach Patrol My god. The universe was clearly trying to lead me to this song. My GOD.

I can't remember the other ones, but I do recall almost falling off of a giant tower/pier to get some medals someone left, and Road Dogg stealing an old lady coat. But Beach Patrol has erased everything.

Watching No Mercy 2008 randomly. Mark Henry and Matt Hardy open up for the ECW title. Hardy is super over, despite his dogshit theme. Good match. Hardy works the leg the whole match and Henry does a great job of selling it.

Shitty WWE 2008 thing No Mercy reminded me of:

The Santino/Beth Phoenix romance angle. Ruined her for a long time

At least Candice Michelle is here

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jimmy Hart has many hits on Thunder in Paradise.

Something about liking those girls. He looks so out of place and creepy on that show.

Shitty WWE 2008 thing no Mercy reminded me of:

Kane vs Rey Mysterio. Holy shit that feud was pointless. Just filler for no reason. Kane was also FAT. The whole feud was basically what they use Bray Wyatt for now. A vague, "evil" character they can saddle on any face so they can have their own personal Dungeon of Doom.

Apron stuff is relatively safe, truth be told; you're still bumping on wood, it just gives the impression of the metal supports, which would've been insta-death there.

That being said...quote time.

see

Caught my ribs on the metal support. Still have a weird squishy spot on them a year later.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Santino/Beth was awesome. One of the best things to happen to her career. Prior to that she was flatlining because she had zero personality other than 'I am powerful diva.' I don't mean like a hardass either, just 'i am strong and that is it.'

Santino helped her develop a character and help her be a little more heelish.

Slizeezyc

Dreams today were outta control and OUTTA NOWHERE, but they're also fading so I have to hurry to get them down.

At a meeting apparently at NXT or something. HHH talks a lot about THIS BUSINESS, shits on some top guy that was so out of shape they had to send him down to OVW to get his shit together. StroMomo is next to me. Next to talk is 1999 Big Show, who is STEAMED. StroMomo asks why he's so angry. I tell her the guy HHH was shitting on was him. Then the real event happened: The marriage of Bret Hart to some woman. From this point on in the dream, my POV switched from mine to Bret's. He's a little upset that he only had 3 hours notice that he was getting married and didn't have clothes or anything. So he got married in his ring gear with a tuxedo jacket. Hair all stringy and gross. And then Hollywood Hogan rapped. I tried to look it up on Youtube in the dream but couldn't find it. BUT HOLY FUCK I LOOKED IT UP NOW AND IT EXISTS:
Hulk Hogan-Beach Patrol My god. The universe was clearly trying to lead me to this song. My GOD.

I can't remember the other ones, but I do recall almost falling off of a giant tower/pier to get some medals someone left, and Road Dogg stealing an old lady coat. But Beach Patrol has erased everything.

Stro, was "some woman" WOMAN? If so, what a twist.

Jamie OD

It depends for me, Steen really kick started the trend but his apron powerbomb looks super safe compared to some of the shit you see guys do - the trouble with any apron spot is that, if it goes wrong, it's really going to go wrong. So perhaps something only talented wrestlers should attempt, not fools like Alex Colon and Shane Strickland who have in the past shown to have little regard for their opponent's well-being.

I'm getting sick of them but the worst offender is AR Fox and he's the one who takes the bump! I've already seen him do the same ending twice where he takes a top rope Death Valley Driver onto the apron, then when they go back into the ring he does a surprise Small Package and wins. Doing it once annoyed me because it nullified the apron spot but seeing it twice makes me think he does it in a bunch of other places too.

Watching No Mercy 2008 randomly. Mark Henry and Matt Hardy open up for the ECW title. Hardy is super over, despite his dogshit theme. Good match. Hardy works the leg the whole match and Henry does a great job of selling it.

Three things:

1) Matt Hardy's theme was always awesome
2) Beth Phoenix, like Datazord said, was saved by Santino
3)
ibownzntldoGTm.GIF

Their harder Rock songs are average, to just plain bad. Where they truly excel is with their ballads. I don't think I've ever heard a bad Scropions Rock ballad.

You know what else is plain bad? Strobogo bumping Scorpions because of the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin wall.

Marvel

could never
Finished watching Devitt's debut, was awesome.

Wish he kept his name though.

That was absolutely terrifying to see live. After that, he was out for a good 5 minutes or so. They ended up getting the EMTs on standby to take him to the hospital.

Update on that - 'He has a fractured c6 vertebrae. He doesn't need surgery. 12 weeks in a restrain brace with observation every 2 weeks. 'He got lucky.'

Very.

strobogo

Banned
You know what else is plain bad? Strobogo bumping Scorpions because of the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin wall.

Actually I randomly was listening to them a couple of days ago and didn't even realize it was the anniversary of the Berlyn The Wall falling.

12.jpg

The few real life wrestling fan friends I have also checked out on WWE in the last couple of weeks.

I don't even know where the ratings are coming from at this point.

Triple H calls around before Raw & Smackdown offering $9.99 for people to keep their spare TV running WWE. Working well so far!

Top Bottom