• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Aiii

So not worth it
GAF, I have never watched Naruto Shippuden. After I finish rewatching Dragon Ball, should I watch Naruto? Or does it get really shitty after a while?

Actually I randomly was listening to them a couple of days ago and didn't even realize it was the anniversary of the Berlyn The Wall falling.

12.jpg

In honor of this momentous occasion, I will now blast Rammstein's Du Hast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzGKsXPBILw

GAF, I have never watched Naruto Shippuden. After I finish rewatching Dragon Ball, should I watch Naruto? Or does it get really shitty after a while?

Have you watched the first series? Because it's more well put-together than Shippuden is. Not that Shippuden is bad.

XenoRaven

Watch the original series and see if you like it. If you do, and are OK with none of the characters you like doing anything important for the rest of the story, watch Shippuden.

Early Shippuden is paced horribly and the animation hits some hilarious lows, Man God is correct in that it improves a lot with the immortals arc (brother), if you go through with this then you might want to find a list that alerts you to what's filler and what's not because Naurto filler tends to be Monday Night Raw levels of bad.

I'm now seeing that you actually need to start with original series, well the above is still useful if you go beyond that, just remember to dive out of the original series when it hits the filler hell around series 6 if you make it that far.

Aiii

So not worth it
You are not kidding...
Naruto - Filler Episodes (1-220)
Episode: 026
Episode: 097
Episode: 101-106
Episode: 137-140
Episode: 143-219
89 filler episodes of 220 total episodes.
40% of the Naruto anime are filler episodes.
Naruto Shippuden - Filler Episodes
Episode: 057-070
Episode: 091-112
Episode: 144-151
Episode: 170-171
Episode: 176-196
Episode: 223-242
Episode: 257-260
Episode: 271
Episode: 279-281
Episode: 284-295
Episode: 303-320
Episode: 327
Episode: 349-361
Episode: 376-377
140 filler episodes of 381 total episodes.
36% of the Naruto Shippuden anime are filler episodes.

And here I thought Bleach had a lot of filler heh.

Aiii

So not worth it
Have the first three volume of the One Piece manga, should get around to that. It's also on Hulu Plus, what do I watch guys?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Don't do this to yourself, watch Hunter X Hunter instead, you won't regret it.

Been meaning to rewatch all this as well, no time though.

Might start with One Piece first, after I finish DB.
I just finished season 2 of The Next Generation and felt like I should watch the original in case there's references in TNG that I'm not getting. There's 3 seasons and I figured that being from the 60's, there'd be like 20 half-hour episodes per season. There's F'n 30 fifty minute episodes per season!

Aiii

So not worth it
I just finished season 2 of The Next Generation and felt like I should watch the original in case there's references in TNG that I'm not getting. There's 3 seasons and I figured that being from the 60's, there'd be like 20 half-hour episodes per season. There's F'n 30 fifty minute episodes per season!

Watch TOS after you finish Voyager, just go TNG/DS9/VOY first. TOS is a different beast entirely and doesn't really match the others in tone or narrative that much, is fun for novelty value, but it's also really "seventies" in every way.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Original Star Trek is easily the best of the whole bunch. All episodes are timeless.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Naruto Filler is how I got this tag. It's better than most filler out there and better than the first...50 episodes of Shippuden.

Aiii

So not worth it
Original Star Trek is easily the best of the whole bunch. All episodes are timeless.

DS9 was the best, the whole Dominion arc blows anything else out of the water.

Also, had the best villains. Especially Winn Adami.
winn_adami.jpg

Great actress, perfect at playing the zealous unknowing antagonist.

Anth0ny

Have the first three volume of the One Piece manga, should get around to that. It's also on Hulu Plus, what do I watch guys?

One Piece is the shit. I recommend reading the manga since the series is super long (600+ episodes), but if you have the time, the anime is really great. The voice actors are all veterans, animation is really great at times, great music... it's a damn good show.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
DS9 feels like the Majora's Mask of Star Treks. The millennial 'this wasn't as popular as the others, but it was still relatively popular, so it is clearly the best one.'

and Sisko ain't shit

Alucard

Banned
10 hours into Chrono Trigger. Just
got Masamune and had Frog rejoin my group.
This game is the shit. One of the best-paced RPGS I've ever played until this point in the story. You always know what you have to do, but you're free to explore around. Love it.

Omega

Banned
People always bring up Nintendo's reserve money. But it's not like their investors are sitting there going, 'Nah, it's totally cool that you keep posting losses!' Investors are interested in making money. The last thing you want to say to your board is that you keep losing shit tons of money, but it's ok because you have lots of money in the bank. It's murder for your stock.

obviously it's all hypothetical but they have way more room to make mistakes then microsoft or sony.

Microsoft doesn't even benefit that much from gaming which is why Satya Nadella has to keep telling everyone that despite how shitty the division is doing, they won't stop making Xbox right now.

and Sony is Sony. I think their gaming and tv division might be making them money but everything else is dead weight.

Uncharted 4 probably costs $50 million to make. Nintendo probably makes 10 games with that budget. their games are simple and while they don't break sales records, they also don't need to reach 5 million sales to break even

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You know how NXT is better than WWE 99.999% of the time because it's not really WWE?

DS9 is like that to the rest of trek. It's great because it's not like the other shows.

People always bring up Nintendo's reserve money. But it's not like their investors are sitting there going, 'Nah, it's totally cool that you keep posting losses!' Investors are interested in making money. The last thing you want to say to your board is that you keep losing shit tons of money, but it's ok because you have lots of money in the bank. It's murder for your stock.

The narrative always changes on GAF. One argument, Nintendo has loads of cash. The next, Nintendo is bankrupt and needs all the help they can get. I'm so confused.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The narrative always changes on GAF. One argument, Nintendo has loads of cash. The next, Nintendo is bankrupt and needs all the help they can get. I'm so confused.
Don't listen to GAF, the clouds clear and everything makes sense.

Top Bottom