• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

tm24

GWF was amazing this week. Here's this week's recap

We are here tonight for the 2nd show of GWF. After the acts of the commissioner Bootaaay, SoulPlaya and Laserfrog have decided to team up to get to the bottom of this and restore order to the GWF

Show opens with Soulfrog in the ring calling out Bootaaay to explain not only his actions, but the mystery of the dead security dude. Out comes the champ/commish. Bootaaay then decides to get to him, they will need to get past a tag team of his choosing and lays down the law, if anyone of the two touches him, they will be fired.
We head backstage to see SoulFrog in the back discussing the turn of events. The two are unaware of Nocturnowl spying on them, still upset over his first round exit last week. We get a look at the commish’s office, where he discusses with an unknown guest that he put in a phone call and they wont get past his guys. We head to the ring for the first match of the night

SoulFrog vs Raider Nation (Ithil & Sokantish)
Ithil is a monster of a man. Makes Soulplaya look small. Just tosses Laser around like its nothing. Every move he makes the ring bounce. Ithil wastes little time in wasting time bullying around Laser. Ithil makes the tag to Soulplaya and the two reveal their chemistry showcasing a bunch of excellent double team moves. Sok makes the comeback and tags in the big man and Ithil throws Soulplaya around just as easily. Ithil with a sickening powerbomb on the big man. Soulplaya takes his revenge with some nice wrestling of his own. Soulfrog double team Ithil on the outsideto regian control. Ithil regains control once Soulplaya comes back in. Raider Nation with their own double team on the outside until laser comes back to interrupt. Raider Nation takes control on the outside when Sok sets up Soulplaya on top of the announce table, only for Soulplaya to reverse into a chokeslam. Sok is hurt. Soul makes the tag to Laser who comes out with some suplexes and a sickening hurricarana. Ithil is able to make it to his corner and tag in Sok, who comes in with a flurry on Laser. Ithil takes out Soul on the outside while Sok gives Laser 2 Double A Spinebusters for a win at the 10 minute mark. Your winner via Pinfall: Team Raider Nation

After the match, Bootaaay comes out to “introduce” Soulplaya to his new bodyguard, a time traveling kane from 1998

SoulPlaya vs 98 Kane

Soulplaya quickly regains his senses and goes at it with his idol. The two exchange powerful blows until Soulplaya gains control and bodies kane. He applies the Soul Strech and a backbreaker to beat the time traveler. Your winner via KO: Soulplaya

After the match, Soulplaya decides to put kane out of commission. He grabs a chair only to have Sokantish come out and save Kane, revealing that he aligned himself with Sokantish. During this, Lserfrog discovers the dead body of Vince McMahon, only to discover that he is a zombie in thrall of Bootaaay. Soul saved Laser by thowing him back into the coffin and wakinh him. This feud is only beginning.

Next up is an Extreme Rules match featuring the young rising star known as Professor Beef vs Nocturnowl. Who the fuck is he on the phone with? Mysteries abound in GWF

Nocturnowl vs Professor Beef in a Extreme Rules match.
The two start the match with some wrestling, with Beef taking quick advantage and showing up his skills. Nocturnowl quickly regains advantage, turning the tide with a hanging Ace Crusher from the top turnbuckle. Beef quickly counters and heads outside to introduce the plunder. Beef takes the gamehammer only for Owl to take it and wail on his opponent. Beef heads to the outside and grabs a trashcan to take his turn with a weapon. Owl catches Beef and uses the opening to grab a table. The action heads back to the ring only for Beef to regain control and apply his submission. Your winner via submission: Professor Beef.

Nocturnowl attacks Beef from gehind for taking his phone, yelling that if he can do that to the rookie, he will do it to anyone. He head to the next match

Dragonzord vs The Sandman

The Japanese superstar makes his debut against the hardcore legend Sandman. Sandman surpingsly uses wrestling to take an advantage early on, only for Dragon to recover from the early surprise and retake control with his high flying offense. Sandman answers back with some hard punches to the face, drawing blood in the process. Dragon answer backs with a sick frakensteiner and a stiff spinning heel kick. Only for Sandman to come back with a piledriver, an inversted Russian leg sweep and to finish it off, a fameasser to take a victory over the Japanese legend. Your Winner via Pinfall: The Sandman.

After the match, The Sandman in a classy move raises the hand of Dragonzord, while the crowd cheers. We then join Bootaaay talking to his mystery guest, who tells him that things better be settled by next week, or they’ll be hell to pay. Nocturnowl comes in to reveal to Bootaay who is next in line for the resurrection machine. Who could it possibly be? The show ends with zombie Vince trapped in green space hell wondering where the hell he is and how he can get out

Don't know how it came across on TV... but the crowd was pretty damn loud at this point... but not as loud as when Vickie and Ziggles were out there... Couldn't hear a damn thing at that point.

The crowd was okay, I'm not saying they were terrible at all, but a near riot would've made the moment classic. Hell, the WWE should've hired an "angry fan" to jump the barrier and try to attack Punk to get over just how disgusting that was. I can't wait for all the angry reviews this week from people who don't even realize they're being worked.

strobogo

Banned
I can't believe people are offended over King's heart attack being turned into an angle. Jerry Lawler isn't the king of wrestling, he's the king of completely and utterly tasteless angles. His career was built on them. This isn't shit compared to some of the amazingly tasteless things he did in Memphis all the way up through the 90s. It's not even the worst thing he's done on WWE television.

The previously mentioned Jake Roberts angle in 1996, calling Goldust a fag (which he also did with Jimmy Valiant in the 70s on Memphis TV), the constant terrible fat and ugly jokes at Vickie's expense, pretty much every Raw in the Attitude Era had him saying something more offensive than turning the heart attack into an angle.

But you look at his history in Memphis and you'll see some of the most tasteless and offensive wrestling angles you'll ever see. From the 70s until at least the 90s, though I'm sure he's done some offensive stuff in the past decade as well. The gluttony of straight up racist angles he was responsible for in Memphis is pretty crazy. It is especially hilarious the the dirt sheet guys, who should be life long wrestling fans who are old enough to remember those angles, are upset over turning it into an angle. They of all people should know how it works. In any other era, a heel would have taken credit before they even knew if King was okay. For sure immediately after .

The crowd was okay, I'm not saying they were terrible at all, but a near riot would've made the moment classic. Hell, the WWE should've hired an "angry fan" to jump the barrier and try to attack Punk to get over just how disgusting that was. I can't wait for all the angry reviews this week from people who don't even realize they're being worked.

you dont get it man lawler was legit shook by what punk said

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe people are offended over King's heart attack being turned into an angle. Jerry Lawler isn't the king of wrestling, he's the king of completely and utterly tasteless angles. His career was built on them. This isn't shit compared to some of the amazingly tasteless things he did in Memphis all the way up through the 90s. It's not even the worst thing he's done on WWE television.

The previously mentioned Jake Roberts angle in 1996, calling Goldust a fag (which he also did with Jimmy Valiant in the 70s on Memphis TV), the constant terrible fat and ugly jokes at Vickie's expense, pretty much every Raw in the Attitude Era had him saying something more offensive than turning the heart attack into an angle.

But you look at his history in Memphis and you'll see some of the most tasteless and offensive wrestling angles you'll ever see. From the 70s until at least the 90s, though I'm sure he's done some offensive stuff in the past decade as well. The gluttony of straight up racist angles he was responsible for in Memphis is pretty crazy. It is especially hilarious the the dirt sheet guys, who should be life long wrestling fans who are old enough to remember those angles, are upset over turning it into an angle. They of all people should know how it works. In any other era, a heel would have taken credit before they even knew if King was okay. For sure immediately after .

Yep yep yep, all classic Lawler's MO. You're right.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Am I the only one who's not offended by them turning it into an angle? I'm more offended by it just being a bad angle, period. The only good thing tonight was the Kane/Miz/Bryan stuff.

bangai-o

Banned
alright. just going to go through the 2 minute youtube clips for Raw.

Tag team match playa. Del Rio Wins!

edit

Regal vs Big Show?

big show wins. why Regal?

edit:

Lawler stuff. skip

Yay! Layla vs that other girl! eve sure has big boobs.

Voicemails?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A-Train's Survivor Sereis dream team is solid
20121107_SurvivorSeries_dreamTeam_Tensai.jpg

strobogo

Banned
That is a pretty solid team, but A-Train is way out of place on it. He would fit in on a Powers of Pain, Andre, and Haku team, though.

strobogo

Banned
Holy shit. Some of those teams are wacky as fuck. Miz's team consists of The Rock, The Rockers, and The Ultimate Warrior.

Booker's team consists of the OMG, Jake the Snake, Macho Man, and Ricky Steamboat.

Cody's team is the shit.
Cody, Ted Dibiase (the real one), Flair, Harley Race, and Terry Funk. That's a hard team to beat.

Brodus Clay's isn't bad, either. The Islanders, Macho, and Andre.

lolz at Kaitlyn's. Gilberg, The Goodfather, Rico, and Spike Dudley. She clearly wants the shortest SS match ever.

But then Hornswoggle might have the weirdest. Him, Warrior, Tugboat, Kofi, and Alex the Pug Porteau. The fuck?

Claudio's might be the most bad ass. Claudio, LUDVIG BORGA, Karl Gotch, and early-mid 90s Steiner Brothers (Scotty still is has the mullet and hasn't ballooned up, so this is pre-96 for sure). That's a hard team to vote against. I would love to see Team Cesaro vs Team Sandow. Or Team Rhodes.

bangai-o

Banned
Antonio Cecaro is getting better on the mich at least. But R-Truth is still better. YUROP in my FACE!

edit

bwaahha. this Kane/Bryan segment is nice!

Ryback match, skip.

edit

The Universe shose MIz huh.

edit

the heck is Big Show still attacking Regal for!

Cagey

Banned
Brad Maddox walks out in good shape, pretty jacked for a random guy

His complaint is that he's too tiny to BEASTAR.

I'm busting my balls just to get into Brad Maddox's general fitness range.

Fuck.

Also, I hope that Heyman spot pre-match portends an actual closure to the story, because otherwise I don't understand why we were subjected to an even worse squash match than normal from Ryback, the Walking OSHA Violation.

bangai-o

Banned
i dont know if WWE uploaded the videos out of order, because now CM Punk is about to talk to Lawler in the ring. I am expecting nWo levels of berating.

edit

wow. CM Punk saved Paul Heyman's life.

strobogo

Banned
Taz bringing it on commentary at Turning Point:

"He not only has more experience, he has better skills." In reference to RVD not only having more experience than Joey Ryan, but also being straight up better than Joey in the ring. Great way to put over the challenger. And then Tenay and new guy agreed with him. So within a minute into the match, the announcers say he's not really a contender and probably shouldn't be in the match to begin with. New guy kept trying to put Joey over, but Taz and Tenay kept shooting him down every time. They were really on the line of outright burying him (which is a term that is so overused online, but they were shitting all over him in such a way that it's hard to argue otherwise in this case). They even started giving the new guy shit for trying to put Joey over.

I love that TNA fans have gone along with the Joe Park(s) thing for months now.

Anth0ny

Probably already posted, match breakdown of the Attitude Era DVD:

DISC 1

Documentary:

The Birth of Attitude

Entrance Music

D-Generation X

Austin vs. McMahon

Long-Arching Stories

Innovations

New Demographic

Critics

Expansion

Comedy

Wealth of Talent

The World Was Watching

Watershed Period

Promos:

Jim Ross interviews Goldust & Marlena
Raw – Nov 3, 1997

Steve Austin Throws the InterContinental Championship Off A Bridge
Raw – Dec 15, 1997

Soldier of Love
Raw – May 4, 1998

Mr McMahon Presents Mankind with the WWE Hardcore Championship
Raw – Nov 2, 1998

Jim Ross Interviews Triple H
Sunday Night Heat – July 25, 1999

An Evening At The Friendly Tap
SmackDown! – Jan 20, 2000

Mae Young and the Acolyte Protection Agency
SmackDown! – Jan 27, 2000

“The Jug Band”
Judgment Day 2000

Triple H Trains Trish Stratus
SmackDown! – July 27, 2000

Edges Totally Awesome Birthday
Raw – Oct 30, 2000

The Rocks Message to His Hell in a Cell Opponents
Raw – Dec 4, 2000

GTV

DISC 2

Mike Tyson Joins DX
Raw – Mar 2, 1998

A New Beginning For D-Generation X
Raw – March 30, 1998

Sable vs. “Marvelous” Marc Mero
Raw – May 11, 1998

Nation of Degeneration
Raw – July 6, 1998

Matches:

Brawl for All Match
Bart Gunn vs. “Dr Death” Steve Williams
Raw – July 27, 1998

Four Corners Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
The Undertaker & Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Kane & Mankind vs. The New Age Outlaws vs. The Rock & Owen Hart
Raw – Aug 10, 1998

Lions Den Match
Ken Shamrock vs. Owen Hart
SummerSlam 1998

Finals of WWE Championship Tournament
The Rock vs. Mankind
Survivor Series 1998

The Rock & The Undertaker vs. Mankind & Stone Cold Steve Austin
Raw – Dec 7, 1998

Austin Gives The Corporation A Beer Bath
Raw – March 22, 1999

The Undertaker vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Raw – June 28, 1999

The Debut of Y2J
Raw – Aug 9, 1999

DISC 3 (Updated)
European & Intercontinental Championship Match
DLo Brown vs. Jeff Jarrett
SummerSlam 1999

Buried Alive Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
The Rock & Mankind vs. The Undertaker & Big Show
SmackDown! – Sept 9, 1999

Stone Cold & Jim Ross vs. Triple H & Chyna
Raw – Oct 11, 1999

Boss Mans Sympathy for Big Shows Dad
Raw – Nov 18, 1999

The Wedding of Stephanie McMahon & Andrew “Test” Martin
Raw – Nov 29, 1999

The Godfather & DLo Brown vs. Too Cool
SmackDown – Jan 27, 2000

WWE Hardcore Championship Match
Hardcore Holly vs. Crash Holly
Raw – March 27, 2000

WWE Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Eddie Guerrero
Raw – April 3, 2000

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
Rikishi vs. Val Venis
Fully Loaded 2000

Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match for the World Tag Team Championship
Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. The Dudley Boyz
SummerSlam 2000

Hell in A Cell Match for the WWE Championship
Kurt Angle vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock vs. Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. Rikishi
Armageddon 2000

Special Features

(Expected Best Buy Exclusive)

GTV – Al Snow & Head

Mae Young Gives Birth
Raw – Feb 28, 2000

WWE Womens Championship Match
Lita vs. Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley
Raw – June 12, 2000

The Dudley Boyz vs. The Hardy Boyz
Raw – July 17, 2000

BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVES

King of Kings Match
Ken Shamrock vs. Triple H vs. Owen Hart
Raw – June 29, 1998

The Oddities w/ Insane Clown Posse vs. The Headbangers
Raw – Sept 28, 1998

The Truth About Sammy
Raw – Jan 18, 1999

The Unholy Union of Stephanie McMahon & The Undertaker
Raw – April 26, 1999

The Rock vs. Val Venis
SmackDown – Oct 7, 1999

Survivor Series Elimination Match
Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Kane & Shane McMahon vs. Triple H, X-Pac & The New Age Outlaws
SmackDown – Nov 4, 1999

WWE Hardcore Championship Match
Al Snow vs. Crash Holly
SmackDown – June 29, 2000

The Hardy Boyz & Lita vs. Perry Saturn, Eddie Guerrero & Dean Malenko
SmackDown – Nov 30, 2000

Chris Jericho & The Dudley Boyz vs. Kurt Angle, Edge & Christian
Raw – Dec 25, 2000

I can't believe they included Val Venis vs. Rikishi from Fully Loaded 2000. Fucking EPIC match, they should have included that whole PPV. So, so good.

Yet, I can't help but be disappointed with some glaring omissions. Where's Bret vs. Shawn at Survivor Series 97? Shawn vs. Taker HIAC with Kane's debut? Mankind vs. Undertaker HIAC? Rock vs. Mankind I Quit match? I mean, these are fucking iconic Attitude Era matches here. Not to mention some of the lesser known, yet FANTASTIC matches, like Rock vs. HHH Ironman match.

ugh. Still picking this up, but ugh.

Haven't watched wrasslin or been in this thread for a few days, but I was just reading the Raw recap and noticed that Frankman is now writing for WWE.com

R-Truth def. Tensai

PHOTOS | VIDEO

With the incumbent, immaculately dressed champion Antonio Cesaro scouting at ringside (note to all: It's a satchel. Indiana Jones had one), R-Truth made a strong case for himself as a challenger for Cesaro's United States Championship, which he will indeed compete for at the fall classic, with a win over no less a beast than Tensai. The mighty gaijin attempted to ground the freewheeling Superstar with his signature nerve holds and power attacks, but Truth sprung forth with a Little Jimmy to put his monstrous challenger away.

Of course, Cesaro couldn't let the victory stand without a little bit of multilingual mean-mugging, so he proceeded to disparage Truth with minimal fanfare. Truth, of course, would have no such travesty occur, and declared (via a knock-knock joke) that Cesaro's days as U.S. Champion were numbered.

Awesome, the Wrestle Kingdom VII site is live, with the first 4 matches booked;

http://wrestlekingdom.jp

irKVh2MTcpGCe.png

icPLK6xSXLKcL.jpg

iMc3hCWjsathA.jpg

irJIhHgvG6BVX.jpg

irWpwQU9GJxCY.jpg

Yes! Can't believe they are actually going with a 3-way for the Jr. Heavyweight belt! Should be a great match.

Plus, it's likely that we'll also get;

. GHC Heavyweight Title Match: depending on the outcome of the 12/09 NOAH show, either Morishima will defend against the Global League winner (probably Nagata), or Kojima will defend against a NOAH wrestler (probably Shiozaki).
. Daichi Hashimoto & Keiji Mutoh vs an NJPW team
. IWGP Tag Title Match: K.E.S. (c) vs winners of the World Tag League
. IWGP Jr. Tag Title Match: Time Splitters (c) vs Forever Hooligans

Top Bottom