• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

irJIhHgvG6BVX.jpg

Dis gon be nuts.

Covfan

Probably already posted, match breakdown of the Attitude Era DVD:

I can't believe they included Val Venis vs. Rikishi from Fully Loaded 2000. Fucking EPIC match, they should have included that whole PPV. So, so good.

Yet, I can't help but be disappointed with some glaring omissions. Where's Bret vs. Shawn at Survivor Series 97? Shawn vs. Taker HIAC with Kane's debut? Mankind vs. Undertaker HIAC? Rock vs. Mankind I Quit match? I mean, these are fucking iconic Attitude Era matches here. Not to mention some of the lesser known, yet FANTASTIC matches, like Rock vs. HHH Ironman match.

ugh. Still picking this up, but ugh.
Disappointed with a lack of Austin Vs Rock from Backlash 99, still in my opinion the best one of their matches.

Raw sucked, like holy hell was it boring, Kane and Bryan are like the only things giving me strength right now.

GWF is where it's at, Beef should keep his grubby digimitts off MY phone, i've got all kind of incriminating pics of lady Owls on that thing for one!
But I totally put him over like I did Laserfrog, i'm not a loser!

IMPACT spoilers

James Storm comes out and thanks everyone for their support in his winning the match and becoming No. 1 contender. Bobby Roode came out and offers Storm a beer. He noted that Storm could have pinned either guy and taken them out of the title picture and he chose to pin Styles and not himself. Storm ended up attacking him and Roode offered to have a match, but said Storm would have to put up his title shot. Storm said no. Roode then started insulting Storm's daughter that was in the videos so he agreed to face Roode.

Aces and 8s promo. They threw another dart at the board to determine who they were going to put out a hit on. Of course we couldn't see it.

Rob Van Dam b Kid Kash to keep the X title

Eric Young and ODB were making out. ODB talked about winning the Knockouts title.

Kurt Angle was going to face Aces and 8s. Both Garett Bischoff and Wes Brisco wanted to be Angle's partner in the match. He chose Bischoff because he had more experience.

Jessie b Eric Young with a stunner with distraction from Tara.

Dixie Carter came out and said how A.J. Styles would not be allowed to have a match for the TNA title until Bround for Glory.

Magnus was going to get a rematch with Samoa Joe but Aces and 8s attacked Magnus and used the hammer to his kneecaps. Devon was about to hit Magnus with a baseball bat when Bully Ray mad the save. Magnus did a stretcher job.

Kurt Angle & Garett Bischoff b Devon & Masked Man when Angle pinned the Masked man. Doc ran in with a hammer but Wes Brisco made the save for Angle & Bischoff.

Tara & Jessie went to see Brooke Hogan to complain about ODB. Bully Ray was in the room with Brooke Hogan.

Mickie James won a Battle Royal, which may have been for a title shot.

A.J. Styles did an interview. He was mad about the people who doubted him and complained about having a bad year. Daniels and Kazarian came out to make fun of him. This set up the last Daniels vs. Styles match for the Thanksgiving night show they are taping tomorrow.

Bobby Roode b James Storm to become No. 1 contender after throwing him into an exposed metal turnbuckle.

So the 12/9 main event will be Jeff Hardy vs. Roode and not Storm.

Why all swerves TNA, why???

Forkball

The eight man tag match on Raw was really good. I'm glad WWE is treating the tag division semi-seriously now, even though there were a few moments where it looked like they would revive it. Titus O'Neil has also really improved, he can be really dominant and he has a great move set. I love how he just tossed Rey aside like he didn't care at all.

Everything else...

tHqur.gif

jmdajr

Despite all the groans about the Survivor series main event change, I think this Triple Threat will be good. I think Ryback can succeed in this kind of match.

Wonder how Punk gets away with Victory this time.

Kaladin

In Universe mode, my first Money In The Bank match is:

Cody Rhodes vs. Hunico vs. Triple H vs Mr. Sandman vs The Rock vs Brodus Clay

Kaladin

GWF was amazing this week. Here's this week's recap

We are here tonight for the 2nd show of GWF. After the acts of the commissioner Bootaaay, SoulPlaya and Laserfrog have decided to team up to get to the bottom of this and restore order to the GWF

Show opens with Soulfrog in the ring calling out Bootaaay to explain not only his actions, but the mystery of the dead security dude. Out comes the champ/commish. Bootaaay then decides to get to him, they will need to get past a tag team of his choosing and lays down the law, if anyone of the two touches him, they will be fired.
We head backstage to see SoulFrog in the back discussing the turn of events. The two are unaware of Nocturnowl spying on them, still upset over his first round exit last week. We get a look at the commish’s office, where he discusses with an unknown guest that he put in a phone call and they wont get past his guys. We head to the ring for the first match of the night

SoulFrog vs Raider Nation (Ithil & Sokantish)
Ithil is a monster of a man. Makes Soulplaya look small. Just tosses Laser around like its nothing. Every move he makes the ring bounce. Ithil wastes little time in wasting time bullying around Laser. Ithil makes the tag to Soulplaya and the two reveal their chemistry showcasing a bunch of excellent double team moves. Sok makes the comeback and tags in the big man and Ithil throws Soulplaya around just as easily. Ithil with a sickening powerbomb on the big man. Soulplaya takes his revenge with some nice wrestling of his own. Soulfrog double team Ithil on the outsideto regian control. Ithil regains control once Soulplaya comes back in. Raider Nation with their own double team on the outside until laser comes back to interrupt. Raider Nation takes control on the outside when Sok sets up Soulplaya on top of the announce table, only for Soulplaya to reverse into a chokeslam. Sok is hurt. Soul makes the tag to Laser who comes out with some suplexes and a sickening hurricarana. Ithil is able to make it to his corner and tag in Sok, who comes in with a flurry on Laser. Ithil takes out Soul on the outside while Sok gives Laser 2 Double A Spinebusters for a win at the 10 minute mark. Your winner via Pinfall: Team Raider Nation

After the match, Bootaaay comes out to “introduce” Soulplaya to his new bodyguard, a time traveling kane from 1998

SoulPlaya vs 98 Kane

Soulplaya quickly regains his senses and goes at it with his idol. The two exchange powerful blows until Soulplaya gains control and bodies kane. He applies the Soul Strech and a backbreaker to beat the time traveler. Your winner via KO: Soulplaya

After the match, Soulplaya decides to put kane out of commission. He grabs a chair only to have Sokantish come out and save Kane, revealing that he aligned himself with Sokantish. During this, Lserfrog discovers the dead body of Vince McMahon, only to discover that he is a zombie in thrall of Bootaaay. Soul saved Laser by thowing him back into the coffin and wakinh him. This feud is only beginning.

Next up is an Extreme Rules match featuring the young rising star known as Professor Beef vs Nocturnowl. Who the fuck is he on the phone with? Mysteries abound in GWF

Nocturnowl vs Professor Beef in a Extreme Rules match.
The two start the match with some wrestling, with Beef taking quick advantage and showing up his skills. Nocturnowl quickly regains advantage, turning the tide with a hanging Ace Crusher from the top turnbuckle. Beef quickly counters and heads outside to introduce the plunder. Beef takes the gamehammer only for Owl to take it and wail on his opponent. Beef heads to the outside and grabs a trashcan to take his turn with a weapon. Owl catches Beef and uses the opening to grab a table. The action heads back to the ring only for Beef to regain control and apply his submission. Your winner via submission: Professor Beef.

Nocturnowl attacks Beef from gehind for taking his phone, yelling that if he can do that to the rookie, he will do it to anyone. He head to the next match

Dragonzord vs The Sandman

The Japanese superstar makes his debut against the hardcore legend Sandman. Sandman surpingsly uses wrestling to take an advantage early on, only for Dragon to recover from the early surprise and retake control with his high flying offense. Sandman answers back with some hard punches to the face, drawing blood in the process. Dragon answer backs with a sick frakensteiner and a stiff spinning heel kick. Only for Sandman to come back with a piledriver, an inversted Russian leg sweep and to finish it off, a fameasser to take a victory over the Japanese legend. Your Winner via Pinfall: The Sandman.

After the match, The Sandman in a classy move raises the hand of Dragonzord, while the crowd cheers. We then join Bootaaay talking to his mystery guest, who tells him that things better be settled by next week, or they’ll be hell to pay. Nocturnowl comes in to reveal to Bootaay who is next in line for the resurrection machine. Who could it possibly be? The show ends with zombie Vince trapped in green space hell wondering where the hell he is and how he can get out

I watched the feed, good show last night, sorry I missed it, was tired when I got home from work.....will catch next week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Turns out the GWF stream truly was a miracle stream. Woke up and my computer had given up the ghost. RIP faithful computer.

That said, really glad I was able to make it work for the show. I would have been really sad had I not been able to put on that show. And that Vince gif from the video I made...yeah. Very happy with the show.

Kaladin

Turns out the GWF stream truly was a miracle stream. Woke up and my computer had given up the ghost. RIP faithful computer.

That said, really glad I was able to make it work for the show. I would have been really sad had I not been able to put on that show. And that Vince gif from the video I made...yeah. Very happy with the show.

It was a good show, hope you're able to get back up for another one soon.

Kaladin

So um....I won the money in the bank match at the PPV, and Kane successfully defended the WWE Championship against CM Punk. The next week all of a sudden Kane shows up in my NXT main event vs Justin Gabriel, lays us both out during the match.....then this week Kane shows up in my main event vs Mike Tyson and lays out Tyson during the match while I look at Kane puzzled....I think Kane likes me.

Cagey

Banned
Funniest part about that picture is that if Ryback wins then he's acting like a heel (in the fans' minds) for not letting John Cena win and taking John Cena's belt.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well, the voicemails at least came from Punk, he mentioned them 4 or 5 weeks ago in a promo. #believe.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yet, I can't help but be disappointed with some glaring omissions. Where's Bret vs. Shawn at Survivor Series 97? Shawn vs. Taker HIAC with Kane's debut? Mankind vs. Undertaker HIAC? Rock vs. Mankind I Quit match? I mean, these are fucking iconic Attitude Era matches here.
They're covered in the Attitude Era mode in WWE 13, gotta have a reason for people to pick it up you know!

KissVibes

Banned
On the topic of RAW:God damn what a terrible show outside of the relatively shocking promo by CM Punk on the topic of Jerry Lawler. I honestly can't believe they went that far with it. I also loved seeing Santino get a whopping 6%. I'm sure those are faked numbers but anything that puts that loser down is okay with me.

I guess The Miz is a face now? That's nice, I guess. And look at cowardly CM Punk! He can't get his belt back because the SS match isn't about him, the only WWE Champion of 2012, it's about the Rybland and John "Forever on top" Cena. Gotta really dive that one home. I had hoped Cena was taking a quiet bow out of the title picture to help elevate Dolph Ziggler and get him ready to hold the World Heavyweight title. Nope, he can obviously do both at the same time because everything in this company revolves around him.

Oh and a heart attack didn't fix Lawler's ability to do commentary. I'm sure glad they dumped Jim Ross for him! That's a lie, no I'm not.

A thing I came up with in the shower: Ryback debuts the new title after winning big at Survivor Series. But suddenly an impromptu MitB match starts that John Cena wins and beats Ryback after a steel chair shot from Punk. Cena goes on to lose against The Rock at the Rumble and wins the title back at WM29. It'll be perfect because The Rock will need to be promoting Pain and Gain around the same time and I'm sure Vince would love the idea of the WWE title being on the red carpet.

So AJ turns heel on Cena, helps Punk retain and feuds with Kaitlyn over the title right?

Shouldn't AJ turn on Cena to help Ziggler? Can't that be a thing?

BlazinAm

On the topic of RAW:God damn what a terrible show outside of the relatively shocking promo by CM Punk on the topic of Jerry Lawler. I honestly can't believe they went that far with it. I also loved seeing Santino get a whopping 6%. I'm sure those are faked numbers but anything that puts that loser down is okay with me.

I guess The Miz is a face now? That's nice, I guess. And look at cowardly CM Punk! He can't get his belt back because the SS match isn't about him, the only WWE Champion of 2012, it's about the Rybland and John "Forever on top" Cena. Gotta really dive that one home. I had hoped Cena was taking a quiet bow out of the title picture to help elevate Dolph Ziggler and get him ready to hold the World Heavyweight title. Nope, he can obviously do both at the same time because everything in this company revolves around him.

Oh and a heart attack didn't fix Lawler's ability to do commentary. I'm sure glad they dumped Jim Ross for him! That's a lie, no I'm not.

A thing I came up with in the shower: Ryback debuts the new title after winning big at Survivor Series. But suddenly an impromptu MitB match starts that John Cena wins and beats Ryback after a steel chair shot from Punk. Cena goes on to lose against The Rock at the Rumble and wins the title back at WM29. It'll be perfect because The Rock will need to be promoting Pain and Gain around the same time and I'm sure Vince would love the idea of the WWE title being on the red carpet.

Shouldn't AJ turn on Cena to help Ziggler? Can't that be a thing?

I wonder where they go with Miz as a face. Lawler is fed whatever lines they give him so yeah he is pretty bad.

Man you come up with some weird angles but then again this is the company that thought that the smackdown MTIB winner could cash in on Punk.

A thing I came up with in the shower:

Tell me more about your shower....

McNei1y

I missed Raw and GWF last night. I don't want to see any GWF spoilers so I quickly scrolled down... I imagine GWF was excellent last night, yes?

Kyoufu

Well, I thought it was kind of funny last night but watching it again it's pretty bad. Shame on WWE/Punk for using the heart attack in their promo.

Top Bottom