• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

McNei1y

It's gonna be Ryback if I'm left to my own devices :p Basing them off of avatars! And personality. So you'll be a REALLY NICE Ryback.

All those muscles and his finisher is a devastating handshake? I'm in!

(I normally have Washington Nationals stuff as my avatar if that helps too)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All those muscles and his finisher is a devastating handshake? I'm in!

(I normally have Washington Nationals stuff as my avatar if that helps too)

Nationals? Is that figure skating, or soccer?

Aiii

So not worth it
NXT is very weird this week, there's a big promo with people wanting to become #1 contender, first Mahal comes out with his old gimmick, which is weird. Then Gabriels comes out, in turn he gets interupted by Drew, as well with his old gimmick. Then it cuts to Mahal being visibly annoyed.

Drawback of taping 4 shows at once, but it's so weird.

Ithil

NXT is very weird this week, there's a big promo with people wanting to become #1 contender, first Mahal comes out with his old gimmick, which is weird. Then Gabriels comes out, in turn he gets interupted by Drew, as well with his old gimmick. Then it cuts to Mahal being visibly annoyed.

Then Bo Dallas comes out to stink up the joint.

Would have been the last show filmed before the two of them joined up in 3MB, expect the trio to show up to one of the tapings in the next couple of months.

WWE should run with this and have the three man band meet up with their current (yet actually past) NXT counterparts in a backstage segment, hilarity ensues.

strobogo

Banned

Yeah, it was a little jarring. I'm not sure how I feel about them starting to run more angles. Backstage segments, in ring segments, on stage segments. I don't know, bros. I don't think I've ever heard Justin Gabriel talk. Or at least don't remember him talking on NXT.

What I thought was weird was the debut of Roman Reigns. Mostly because they kept talking about how this was a hugely anticipated debut and he was this huge star. The NXT fans have been dying for him to debut. But they've NEVER MENTIONED him even once on the show. There was no hype for him at all until they said he was a huge star in the making that people have been dying to see in NXT. And then after something like "remember this moment, a star is born" type of thing for a pretty standard squash match.

Then there was the thing with Big E. What the fuck. Dude shouldn't ever speak again. He has the weirdest voice. He's from Tampa, but has a weird South African accent. And his promo was so goofy. "Hey Biggie, why do you like to count to 5?" "Well good sir, you have 5 fingers on this hand. And you have 5 fingers on your other hand. And you have 5 toes on each foot. And you have a high five. And you have a low five." Then Vickie pops in just to get talcum powder clapped in her face. No more of that. He needs to only be steam rolling people in the ring or lifting ridiculously heavy weights.

Johnny Curtis' dancing was tremendous, though.

h0jhimtj

Kaladin

Usually 24hrs or less, but a few times it's taken longer. I can probably only watch tonight's show live, so I hope they get the VOD versions up quickly.

I won't be able to watch tonight's show live, the other two will be no problem. I work during the first hour and I plan on going to The Man With the Iron Fists at 9:50pm.

Watched the Road Warriors doc. VOD last night. It was ok.

I always get teary eyed when I see Jim Crockets NWA/early WCW. It just reminds me of the best of times. Saturday afternoon, TBS. :'''(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched the Road Warriors doc. VOD last night. It was ok.

I always get teary eyed when I see Jim Crockets NWA/early WCW. It just reminds me of the best of times. Saturday afternoon, TBS. :'''(

I liked them traveling back to their gym and bar back then up north. Good stuff. The doc did give Ellering a lot of time, well deserved time.

I won't be able to watch tonight's show live, the other two will be no problem. I work during the first hour and I plan on going to The Man With the Iron Fists at 9:50pm.

Gym, KBBQ, Man With Iron Fists, then a night out. Can't wait, gonna be a great day and am hyped for the movie!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gym, KBBQ, Man With Iron Fists, then a night out. Can't wait, gonna be a great day and am hyped for the movie!

You guys are having so much fun. I have work, more work, and more work. Then hopefully the gym and then bed. :(

Cagey

Banned
I'm hyped to see a movie with Batista in it.

Batista. In 2012.

I'm scared, hold me.

I have a hockey game to go to tonight! :D

WTF is Man WIth Iron Fists?

It's got pro wrasslin, Kung Fu, Wu Tang and more rap, hot Asian chicks, Russell Crowe reprising his "Fightin Round the World" South Park cameo...

It's like RZA sat down and tried to make a movie that includes everything I love.

McNei1y

Brotista and RZA with Russel Crowe. Sounds like an awesome movie. They could just be standing there and I'd think it'd be incredible. Oh and Lucy Liu isn't bad to look at.

tm24

GOnna take in a double feature tonight of Wreck-it Ralph and the Man With the Iron Fists. Should be great

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Brotista and RZA with Russel Crowe. Sounds like an awesome movie. They could just be standing there and I'd think it'd be incredible. Oh and Lucy Liu isn't bad to look at.

The one thing that bugs me about this movie is the...well...how do I even say it?

"Ooo, hot asian assassin ninja ladies who SEDUCE and then KILL you"

But that's just me wanting it to be something it isn't. I'll still enjoy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This will actually be the first movie I've seen with Batista in it that I can think of.

! Well if you have Netflix and on a lonely night, hit up Wrong Side of Town. You get a double dose - 1 of RVD's awesomely dogshit acting (so bad it's good territory) and Batista being an ultimate dick, and doing something EXTREMELY awesome.

Sokantish

Sunflower, I'm going to trust your opinion on Batista being awesome about as much as I trust SoulPlaya thinking everything Kane is in is amazing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunflower, I'm going to trust your opinion on Batista being awesome about as much as I trust SoulPlaya thinking everything Kane is in is amazing.

He's seriously great - IN THAT MOVIE. He shows up with a half-naked stripper on his arm, and...well...this is spoiler territory but incredibly awesome so why not:

batista-o.gif

WHERE WOULD I BE WITHOUT MY BAYBAAAAAAY

ecurbj

I'm about to pick up WWE 13. Which console version should I pick up, PS3 or Xbox 360? I own both consoles but can't decide which version of WWE 13 to get.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm about to pick up WWE 13. Which console version should I pick up, PS3 or Xbox 360? I own both consoles but can't decide which version of WWE 13 to get.

If it's like 12, 360 will have a lot of better community creations because of hacked consoles.

ecurbj

If it's like 12, 360 will have a lot of better community creations because of hacked consoles.
Jesus. I wanted to get the PS3 version so that it can complete my whole SmackDown collection. I wanna purchase all the old SmackDowns and collect them. Is anyone going to do a league challenge or something? I thought I remember reading something about a "Kane Battle" or something like that.

VerTiGo

Banned
Impact had plenty of high and low spots last night. Pretty much anything involving Hardy is garbage but I'm fairly amped to see Aries in a ladder match, even though I hate gimmick matches for major titles, but whatever.

Too many changes to the product every week though. I like it because it keep things fresh and I really do appreciate seeing the revolving door of new talent in TNA as of a late, but it keeps thing so random.

Hopefully Aries wins back the title. Hardy having is own customized title is disgraceful. Almost as disgraceful as him having the title to begin with.

It's unfortunate. The Impact Zone is what holds TNA back. I prefer their product more than the WWE's but when these morons start chanting overrated towards Aries you know something is seriously wrong.

Definitely my favorite talent roster. Aries is the best performer I can ever remember seeing, Daniels and Kaz are great entertainment as is Bully (well, before the face turn). I want to see this thing grow. I love the freedom these performers are given on the mic but the best stuff is the non-televised promos on TNA's post show and/or daily YouTube updates.

Other notes:

Joey Ryan is being utilized loosely but hopefully his run in the company will improve as time goes on. Even Matt Morgan has started warming up to me at this point, and I used to hate seeing him on TV but this agenda with Hogan is working for him. Also, I love open fight night and the gut check segment. It's always cool to see who could possibly be the next big thing. It may be none of these contestants It I appreciate the opportunities given.

Oh, and that arm bar submission that Zema Ion has been using is nasty.

P.S. - Fuck this Kane bullshit man.

McNei1y

Jesus. I wanted to get the PS3 version so that it can complete my whole SmackDown collection. I wanna purchase all the old SmackDowns and collect them. Is anyone going to do a league challenge or something? I thought I remember reading something about a "Kane Battle" or something like that.

Yeah. We are doing that on the 360. Sunflower is downloading all the Kane creations and then he will host a royal rumble or battle royal that we will watch via stream.

ecurbj

Yeah. We are doing that on the 360. Sunflower is downloading all the Kane creations and then he will host a royal rumble or battle royal that we will watch via stream.
Okay. Thanks for that information. But is the 'Community Creations' part cross platform. Like I can download PS3 character creations and 360 character creations? Are the servers connected. Not multiplayer (matches) but the community creations part?

Entropia

No One Remembers
I wish I had a PS3 or something so I could get WWE '13. :(

I wanted to get a Wii U but my house needed its roof replaced, so I'm on the hook for $1800 owed to my sister :( And WWE '13 ain't even coming out on a Wii U!! :'-(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
P.S. - Fuck this Kane bullshit man.

Just wait, HHHell in a CCCell is coming.

Okay. Thanks for that information. But is the 'Community Creations' part cross platform. Like I can download PS3 character creations and 360 character creations? Are the servers connected. Not multiplayer (matches) but the community creations part?

Not connected, though it wouldn't be hard if THQ wanted it bad enough.

Top Bottom