• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

images

Who is that? He looks like the kind of person that hangs out in a Gamestop.

Aiii

So not worth it
- As noted yesterday, WWE is looking to bring up a few new Divas from developmental due to the very thin women’s roster. While the women’s division is built back up, WWE will be feuding AJ Lee with Eve Torres in the coming months.

*joy*

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The first week sales for WWE '13 are around 250,000 copies sold in the US. This is down slightly from last year, but still considered a success since 20% of retail stores where the game was sold were closed that week because of Hurricane Sandy. The game sold another 57,000 copies in the UK.

Pre-orders for the game were very high. WWE '13 was a distant #2 in sales behind Assassin's Creed, which sold 1.6 million.

WWE's video game publisher, THQ, is still in danger and may be sold in the next year. THQ earns around $30-40 million per year from the WWE games (and over $40 million from the Saints Row series) but they don't have much money on hand and a $100 million loan is due next summer. If THQ can't find an investor, they will have to liquidate. This means that the WWE franchise would end up with another publisher like Electronic Arts (EA Sports).

I bought it!

Yay,

More women wrestlers to be wasted on TV until they hook up with John Cena or whoever is WWE champ at the time and then get pushed to the moon for a few weeks only to be forgotten about after they break up until they are released with no fan fair.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Raw Ratings Breakdown:

So it seems like people like the AJ and Cena angle the Punk Angle, and Brad Maddox getting destroyed by Ryback.

Huh? The Lawler-Punk-Heyman-Foley angle lost a net 131,000 viewers (+745k-876k), and, more importantly, the part that was just the Punk-Foley feud with Lawler no longer in the ring lost nearly 900,000 viewers.

somedevil

Huh? The Lawler-Punk-Heyman-Foley angle lost a net 131,000 viewers (+745k-876k), and, more importantly, the part that was just the Punk-Foley feud with Lawler no longer in the ring lost nearly 900,000 viewers.

You got it wrong it the sentence read like this "Lawler's return with the segment involving CM Punk, Paul Heyman and Mick Foley gained 745,000 viewers for a high 3.38 quarter hour rating. The end of the angle lost 876,000 viewers."

His sentence includes Mick Foley which means the gain involves the part with Punk and Foley in the ring. After the angle was over 876,000 viwers changed the channel.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Would have been Macho Man's 60th birthday today.

Share a Randy Savage video you love.

I've always loved this promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrlSz-Xxo50

So much ANGER towards Hulk!

Watching this again, I think if this had come out these days, we'd be going nuts over how upset Hulk was backstage over it. Kinda see a lot of that these days eh...

Anth0ny

Yay,

More women wrestlers to be wasted on TV until they hook up with John Cena or whoever is WWE champ at the time and then get pushed to the moon for a few weeks only to be forgotten about after they break up until they are released with no fan fair.

Basically. They should just scrap women's wrestling, honestly. They call it a piss break for a reason. So sad, Trish and the girls back in the day weren't just awesome for women's matches, they were legitimately good matches on the overall card.

Is this the first time Punk (without Cena's involvement) can be attributed an increase in viewership? lol

Ithil

Basically. They should just scrap women's wrestling, honestly. They call it a piss break for a reason. So sad, Trish and the girls back in the day weren't just awesome for women's matches, they were legitimately good matches on the overall card.

Is this the first time Punk (without Cena's involvement) can be attributed an increase in viewership? lol

Or they could bring up some of the more talented Divas, and actually push the division. They've got Sara Del Rey as a trainer in NXT now, she'll greatly improve the development Divas in wrestling skill.

Four months ago I'd have said the tag division was so non-existent it might as well have been scrapped, but now it's coming on strong.

Rebuild the division instead of dumping an entire roster of women.

You could get excited about divas being called up to wrestle less than they currently do on NXT, or you could watch some great women's wrestling live via iPPV tomorrow night;

iGbbJekA2KUjZ.jpg

http://wwnlive.com/event-shine-11-16-12.html - $9.99

• Jazz & Amazing Kong vs Rain & Mercedes Martinez
  • Jessicka Havok vs Nikki Roxx
  • Ivelisse vs Athena
  • Made In Sin (Allysin Kay & Taylor Made) vs Leva & Kimberly
  • Nikki St. John vs Santana
  • Sojo Bolt vs Su Yung
  • Niya vs Marti Belle
  • Sassy Stephie vs Heidi Lovelace

After Rain & Mercedes Martinez cost Jazz her shot at the SHIMMER World Title at the last show, she called in Amazing Kong to even the odds and set-up what should be an excellent main event for SHINE 5. Elsewhere, Nikki Roxx makes her return to face the destructive Jessicka Havok, plus, 'The Wrestling Goddess' Athena makes her SHINE debut against Ivelisse, while Kimberly, becoming increasingly unhinged as her losing streak continues, teams with quirky cosplayer Leva Bates to take on the formidable team of Allysin Kay & Taylor Made, Made in Sin.

RBH

It feels so weird to be out of the loop on wrestling the past few months after following it constantly for years and years....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It feels so weird to be out of the loop on wrestling the past few months after following it constantly for years and years....

It stings a little at the beginning, but you gain a greater understanding and don't get so attached. Then you realize you haven't seen a PPV in months and it doesn't hurt.

I try to watch RAW every week even if I'm not too active in WrestleGAF these days, no matter how busy I am.

It's sort of like tradition, you know?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tyler Black has always sucked. I liked to think no one ever liked him. He's up there with Richards, Edwards, and the like for the shitty parts of ROH. He just got signed because he was taller than the other midgets.

izakq

Would have been Macho Man's 60th birthday today.

Share a Randy Savage video you love.

I've always loved this promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrlSz-Xxo50

So much ANGER towards Hulk!

Watching this again, I think if this had come out these days, we'd be going nuts over how upset Hulk was backstage over it. Kinda see a lot of that these days eh...

I don't have access to youtube from work, but the one that stood out for me was his fued with Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Jake had Savage tied out on the ropes, brought Damien out, and had him bite Savage on the arm. Unreal stuff.

You could get excited about divas being called up to wrestle less than they currently do on NXT, or you could watch some great women's wrestling live via iPPV tomorrow night;

ihHBUkp58cE2P.jpg

Vince is going to sue their asses unless they asked for permission to use Booker T in their promo material like that.

Tyler Black has always sucked. I liked to think no one ever liked him. He's up there with Richards, Edwards, and the like for the shitty parts of ROH. He just got signed because he was taller than the other midgets.

Can't agree with this - I was never Tyler's biggest fan, but he developed into a great wrestler during his time in ROH, despite his poor promos. Really, he was the victim of some awful booking and yet another instance of the ROH fanbase turning on a face champion. Unlike with Davey, however, it was never for the style he was wrestling, but for the fact that his championship run was a year too late and then went on too long, at least in the fan's eyes. Go back and watch Tyler's matches with the likes of Strong, Hero & Aries - they're some great matches, and not entirely because of the quality of his opponents.

Also, I feel like Eddie Edwards has been unfairly maligned due to those main events with Davey. His title win was a great feel good moment for ROH, and although I don't think he's due another title run, he is fast becoming one of the highlights of any card he wrestles on. I've enjoyed all of his matches in PWG this year, his ROH TV Title match against Cole, and his matches against Rhino & Homicide earlier in the year that were surprisingly awesome. Plus, he's had some good matches in NOAH recently, namely against Super Crazy & Go Shiozaki. I'd say that he's better than Davey at this point.

I would have loved to see Randy Savage Vs. CM Punk. :(
A long program. Similar to DDP V. Savage.

By the way!!
After Hogan, Savage should have been the next inducted to the Hall of Fame!

I miss him so much.

strobogo

Banned
I don't have access to youtube from work, but the one that stood out for me was his fued with Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Jake had Savage tied out on the ropes, brought Damien out, and had him bite Savage on the arm. Unreal stuff.

Not Damien, since it was a cobra, but fuck, that angle was crazy. Still is crazy.

bangai-o

Banned

ihHBUkp58cE2P.jpg

http://wwnlive.com/event-shine-11-16-12.html - $9.99

• Jazz & Amazing Kong vs Rain & Mercedes Martinez
  • Jessicka Havok vs Nikki Roxx
  • Ivelisse vs Athena
  • Made In Sin (Allysin Kay & Taylor Made) vs Leva & Kimberly
  • Nikki St. John vs Santana
  • Sojo Bolt vs Su Yung
  • Niya vs Marti Belle
  • Sassy Stephie vs Heidi Lovelace

After Rain & Mercedes Martinez cost Jazz her shot at the SHIMMER World Title at the last show, she called in Amazing Kong to even the odds and set-up what should be an excellent main event for SHINE 5. Elsewhere, Nikki Roxx makes her return to face the destructive Jessicka Havok, plus, 'The Wrestling Goddess' Athena makes her SHINE debut against Ivelisse, while Kimberly, becoming increasingly unhinged as her losing streak continues, teams with quirky cosplayer Leva Bates to take on the formidable team of Allysin Kay & Taylor Made, Made in Sin.

one of those girls' nipple is showing.
paging bish

Hey Wrassle GAF do you think the reason John Cena starting getting so much hate in the hardcore wrestling community because he changed the WWE title to that damn spinner belt?

I'm pretty sure we can track it all back to him changing the belt. Then he turned into super Cena and things got to where they are now.

McNei1y

Hey Wrassle GAF do you think the reason John Cena starting getting so much hate in the hardcore wrestling community because he changed the WWE title to that damn spinner belt?

I'm pretty sure we can track it all back to him changing the belt. Then he turned into super Cena and things got to where they are now.

I think it's the obsession that the WWE has over Cena which is why he got the belt, Super Cena, title shot after title shot, etc. If he was just another wrestler, he'd be fine and I wouldn't mind him at all.

Edit: Oh whoops, I misread that. I'd definitely say the spinner belt was probably the catalyst.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Probably a perfect storm of shit that hit right when the Spinner belt appeared that set things in motion.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bray Wyatt is just about the single most amazing wrasslin' character in recent history.

I'd follow him if I was a NXT wrestler.

I didn't like him until his run against Edge. Now I'm generally just tired of WWE, but they keep doing random good moments that make me stick around. Bastards.

Oh yah bring up Paige and Audrey Marie. The divas have way better matches on NXT. The crowd actually cares

Edit: also it looks like at least 1 star was made at hell in the cell... Brad Mad-OX

Top Bottom