• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh yah brings up Paige and Audrey Marie. The divas have way better matches on NXT. The crowd actually cares

All we can hope is AJ and Eve's feud will get the crowd invested in the divas again. For that to happen we need longer matches and a good storyline for that feud though. If they don't give the crowd something to cheer for they'll never start taking the women in WWE seriously.

The good thing is Eve and AJ are the only divas people actually give a crap about, so if any two women could do it, it's them, so fingers crossed that they'll give the divas division the same treatment as they did the tag-team division.

McNei1y

i hate randy borton cause the ladies swoon over him like i wish they would for me

GRBGt.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
I loved Legend Killer Randy Orton.

If the stupid women would just stop swooning over him he could be a heel again, you can tell the guy is just utterly bored with his own useless gimmick of posing. I reckon the only thing he enjoys is coming up with new ways to RKO OUT OF NOWHERE!!!!11

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm kinda surprised the belt hasn't seen a redesign during the reign of Punk.

I'm not. The belt's been ready for half a year, but clearly Vince won't let Punk introduce it because it was one of the things he said would be part of his "change." If there's one thing Vince knows it's how to screw with his talent and viewers.

I reckon the second Rock takes the belt from Punk at the RR he'll be at the next Raw introducing a new design.

strobogo

Banned
Hey Wrassle GAF do you think the reason John Cena starting getting so much hate in the hardcore wrestling community because he changed the WWE title to that damn spinner belt?

I'm pretty sure we can track it all back to him changing the belt. Then he turned into super Cena and things got to where they are now.

Eh, I think the title being a reason to hate him came later. He was a MONSTER of overness when he won the title. Everyone loved him. Women, children, men, internet fans. It wasn't until 2007ish that he really became Super Cena that we see today. 2006 was when crowds started turning against him, but I think it started with super smarky areas like Chicago and NYC, and then spread out from there because it was cool to do. Even today I'm not sure if Cena is booed by live crowds because they actually dislike him, or because it is the fun thing to do.

Eh, I think the title being a reason to hate him came later. He was a MONSTER of overness when he won the title. Everyone loved him. Women, children, men, internet fans. It wasn't until 2007ish that he really became Super Cena that we see today. 2006 was when crowds started turning against him, but I think it started with super smarky areas like Chicago and NYC, and then spread out from there because it was cool to do. Even today I'm not sure if Cena is booed by live crowds because they actually dislike him, or because it is the fun thing to do.

It happened prior to that. The crowd from ECW ONS 2005 chanted CENA SUCKS multiple times and he wasn't even on the card!

Aiii

So not worth it

PG Era killed any chance Cena had with male fans over the age of 10.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The reason Cena started getting heat was because he stopped rapping. He went from a badass to a guy who constantly smiled and laughed, while cracking lame ass jokes. Yeah, you may think the rapping was lame, but at least he tried to be a badass then.

Kaladin

The reason Cena started getting heat was because he stopped rapping. He went from a badass to a guy who constantly smiled and laughed, while cracking lame ass jokes. Yeah, you may think the rapping was lame, but at least he tried to be a badass then.

This, for me at least. I hate that he never seems to get mad at anything. I think he finally showed anger at CM Punk recently, but I even forget when that was because it was one promo in years of smirking at and respecting his opponents while cracking jokes on them.

Hey Wrassle GAF do you think the reason John Cena starting getting so much hate in the hardcore wrestling community because he changed the WWE title to that damn spinner belt?

I'm pretty sure we can track it all back to him changing the belt. Then he turned into super Cena and things got to where they are now.
It was waaaaaaaay before that when he had the us title I didn't like him. He was getting pushed above people with much more talent which I did not like and his overal demeanor is not likeable. This guy was getting pushed hard the second he came in with his Kurt angle feud. The shoving down people's throats is what sealed the deal though

Update on Cody Rhodes condition via The Observer.

WWE officials have confirmed Cody Rhodes suffered a concussion and an injury to his right shoulder on Tuesday night in Cleveland, landing badly on a back drop when in with Kane in a tag team title match with Kane & Daniel Bryan vs. Rhodes & Damien Sandow.

Rhodes is scheduled for further evaluation tomorrow to determine if he could possibly return on Sunday for Survivor Series. WWE has strict rules regarding athletes who hae suffered concussions and he wouldn't be able to work the match unless he passed a concussion evaluation test.

There are reports of Tensai being the potentlal replacement but the company did not confirm that.

Its a good thing they kept Tensai so strong, fans should have no trouble buying him in this match.

Anth0ny

Pretty much.

G-Fex

I was going to trade in WWE '13 but I think I'll play through Universe mode and make Kevin Nash the star he deserves to be.

Cagey

Banned

Wow, this really happened?

I stopped watching, in part, because I thought he was terrible... and that was when they relegated his heel rapper shit to Smackdown.

Hey he still does "Black Preacher" from time to time

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

And let's be clear.

The rapping was terrible.

This, for me at least. I hate that he never seems to get mad at anything. I think he finally showed anger at CM Punk recently, but I even forget when that was because it was one promo in years of smirking at and respecting his opponents while cracking jokes on them.

Cena's "anger" in the last 2 years has been terrible. He overdoes it every single time, and either starts yelling like a preacher, or doing his stern talking marine crap. Both are so corny and make me want to change the channel. Yeah his heel rapper stuff might be kind of "meh" in retrospect, but at least he seemed legitimately serious back then.

Alucard

Banned
So, what has been the WWE match of the year for you guys, and what has been the match of the year from all promotions?

Just because I've watched it again recently, I have to go with Tanahashi vs. Suzuki from New Japan Pro Wrestling. Such a well-paced and brilliantly-executed affair.

How about Punk vs. Bryan?

Linkified

So, what has been the WWE match of the year for you guys, and what has been the match of the year from all promotions?

Just because I've watched it again recently, I have to go with Tanahashi vs. Suzuki from New Japan Pro Wrestling. Such a well-paced and brilliantly-executed affair.

How about Punk vs. Bryan?

By favorite match was Skip Van Berg vs CM Punk.

Bryan vs Sheamus at WM - without that we wouldn't of got good stories

Mr. Sam

WWE match of the year is a toss-up between Punk versus Cena at Night of Champions, Punk versus Bryan at Over The Limit, or Bryan versus Sheamus at Extreme Rules.

All promotions: probably Aries versus Roode at Destination X, though it might not be quite as good as some/all of the above.

Top Bottom