• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

G-Fex

4Zctt.jpg

YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME IM RYBACK

HES JUST OLD GOLDBERG

FEED ME MORE!

Aiii

So not worth it
His connection with Lesnar mostly, they needed someone to work they mic for him so after that horrible contact signing segment they hired Heyman as a mouthpiece. And since Heyman is amazing he stuck around to help with Punk's heel turn, with how over he was as a face, he really did need Heyman's dickishness to draw heat on himself quickly.

Heyman loves the work so I'm sure he didn't need that much convincing.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
fuck

JR said the Flair/Funk I Quit match happened 22 years ago today. I remember watching that live.

I need to retire.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
LAW was talkin' about the Montreal Screwjob, and John Pollock said that he felt this was the most famous wrestling match of all time - I think that's insane.

Andre vs Hogan is the most famous in my opinion. Am I crazy? Or do you all agree with me? I think you'd be hard pressed to ask people on the streets about Bret vs Shawn, but people remember and know Hogan and Andre.

The most famous match of all time is Cena/Rock, once in a lifetime, the biggest match in WWE history, more buzzwords and WWE hyperbole!

Seriously though Hogan/Andre makes sense, certainly more than Bret/Shawn.
I'd argue the iron man match is more well known than the screwjob. I wont forget when watching Breaking Point with a friend who's also a wrestling fan and he genuinely didn't know what the screwjob was while WWE ripped it off for Punk/Taker, not that i'm using that as my measurement.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wont forget when watching Breaking Point with a friend who's also a wrestling fan and he genuinely didn't know what the screwjob was while WWE ripped it off for Punk/Taker, not that i'm using that as my measurement.

Well on the plus side, Undertaker was set on fire during that dogshit opener to a dogshit match.

Jamie OD

LAW was talkin' about the Montreal Screwjob, and John Pollock said that he felt this was the most famous wrestling match of all time - I think that's insane.

Andre vs Hogan is the most famous in my opinion. Am I crazy? Or do you all agree with me? I think you'd be hard pressed to ask people on the streets about Bret vs Shawn, but people remember and know Hogan and Andre.

I'd pick Hogan Vs Andre since everybody knows that, even non-wrestling fans. But I bet you many hardcore fans would say Bret Vs Shawn because of the controversy and its consequences. However, a lot of that isn't as widely known as the imagery of Hogan and Andre facing off plus Hogan slamming Andre.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd pick Hogan Vs Andre since everybody knows that, even non-wrestling fans. But I bet you many hardcore fans would say Bret Vs Shawn because of the controversy and its consequences. However, a lot of that isn't as widely known as the imagery of Hogan and Andre facing off plus Hogan slamming Andre.

The imagery can't be topped for a long time, I don't think.

hoganandre.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, he was set aflame at the Elimination chamber the following year, unless it happened to him twice.
But yes it was a main event worthy of coiled up dog doo.

Oh damn you're right, that Elimination Chamber match that...yeah.

After Jeff Hardy left, the WHC was ruined. YEP I SAID IT.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why would that get snatched? It's Dean Ambrose Week everyweek WWE... jeez.

Ambrose to be released.

We'll never see the "Ambrosia Feast"

Hey guys. Maxine is in our realm. Spokesmodel for Artix.

Former WWE Diva Maxine stated on Twitter Thursday that she is a spokesmodel for Artix Entertainment, a video game developer. She shot material for the company today.

Makers of fine titles like...

Adventure Quest Worlds
Epicduel
Oversoul
Heromart

ARGH

Wt3Ia.gif

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

Didn't get a shot of the "Dean Ambrose Week" sign because it got snatched pretty quick. Going back in April.. same seats.. 2 rows closer. Plan on making some better signs next time.

Awesome.

Bring the same Dean Ambrose sign next time, it will be equally relevant.

PopfulMail

Awesome.

Bring the same Dean Ambrose sign next time, it will be equally relevant.

I didn't even bother taking either of my signs back after the show since I had just made the real quick the night before. Next time I go I plan on putting a little more effort into my signs like I did previously with these..

BROHIO.jpg

I'm thinking a Maddox Beef Mode sign will be due and I'll do another Ambrose as long as he's shown up by that point.

New match signed for the CHIKARA Season 11 Finale - 'Under the Hood', live from the Trocadero in Philly, PA, and worldwide via iPPV on December 2nd;

ibmVoLv0UxZjVS.jpg

Trailer; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIhFPZ5GHwE

iIgb0greN1Kyc.jpg

iMF0HHQZpKEHw.jpg

ibhYO5ZKNAHHvq.jpg

Pre-order now for $14.99; http://www.smvod.com

Nice, wonder who the other two members of the Envoy are going to be? I'm guessing Crossbones as one of them, and an old Mantis tag partner for the other - Zero or Hydra, maybe?

Also, SHINE 5 is live via iPPV tonight at 8PM EST;

iGbbJekA2KUjZ.jpg

http://wwnlive.com/event-shine-11-16-12.html - $9.99

• Jazz & Amazing Kong vs Rain & Mercedes Martinez
  • Jessicka Havok vs Nikki Roxx
  • Ivelisse vs Athena
  • Made In Sin (Allysin Kay & Taylor Made) vs Leva & Kimberly
  • Nikki St. John vs Santana
  • Sojo Bolt vs Su Yung
  • Niya vs Marti Belle
  • Sassy Stephie vs Heidi Lovelace

After Rain & Mercedes Martinez cost Jazz her shot at the SHIMMER World Title at the last show, she called in Amazing Kong to even the odds and set-up what should be an excellent main event for SHINE 5. Elsewhere, Nikki Roxx makes her return to face the destructive Jessicka Havok, plus, 'The Wrestling Goddess' Athena makes her SHINE debut against Ivelisse, while Kimberly, becoming increasingly unhinged as her losing streak continues, teams with quirky cosplayer Leva Bates to take on the formidable team of Allysin Kay & Taylor Made, Made in Sin.

More developments in the Davey Richards/FutureShock Wrestling situation - basically, Richards won their title on his last UK tour after he accidentally knocked out the champion (but would later admit he did it on purpose as he felt the guy was working too stiff). Richards agreed to come back and drop the belt at a later date, but then demanded more money after already being advertised for the event, as he was now the champion he felt he deserved top pay. Fast forward to today, and Richards was meant to return to the UK this weekend for the rematch, but...

"It's with deepest regret and a lot of frustration that we have to announce the cancellation, yet again, of Davey Richards' FutureShock Title defence this sunday at FutureShock 63! Pro-Wrestling November 18th.

We did everything in our power to ensure the match would go ahead as scheduled and made sure to meet every reasonable condition that was asked, even going as far as to organise Richards entire weekend tour to make the trip from the states worth his while.

Last night however we received an email from Davey saying he wouldn't be able to make his flight later that evening as he had injured his back training on Thursday morning and had spent the day getting various scans the results of which are pending. He was given painkillers and told not to travel or wrestle until the results are looked at. Davey has told us he has a doctors note to validate his injury claim, once we receive this proof we will let you know.

We would have announced this last night but wanted to give our friends at WrestleMidlands and IPW:UK a chance to make arrangements.

A suitable replacement HAS been found and we feel lucky to be able to bring this individual to FutureShock. A full announcement will be made this evening.

If anyone was heading to the show this weekend specifically to see Davey Richards and would like a refund please contact us on futureshockwrestling@live.co.uk.

A decision with regards to Richards and his status as FutureShock Champion will be made by the Show Sunday.

Once again our deepest apologies for failing you, our amazing fans, once again"

This smells like a work, playing off Richards' recent bad reputation, but not sure how much sense it makes to run an angle where a big draw doesn't appear as advertised on two seperate occasions.

Sweet, the Ippv is from the Trocodero. Loved the setup last time for Chikarasaurus Rex

Yeah, it's a great building for wrestling, and the 4PM bell-time that comes from running there suits me perfectly, as that's only 9PM over here ^_^

Top Bottom