• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This smells like a work, playing off Richards' recent bad reputation, but not sure how much sense it makes to run an angle where a big draw doesn't appear as advertised on two seperate occasions.

A horrible plan. It's like as if a food business had a reputation for forgetting parts of your meal. "But that's the joke!" - counterproductive to business.

A Barrage of chairs?

Wore the chairs like a Barrette.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I bought a new computer, foolishly. GWF will rise again, but will probably miss next week (due to the Westminster Dog Show ala Raw) - perhaps G-Fex has a post-Raw stream to show off and steal viewers with?

GWF will be back though, just need some time for the PC to get shipped.

he keeps a quarter pound of coke under his cap

Aha! The secrets, revealed.

G-Fex

I bought a new computer, foolishly. GWF will rise again, but will probably miss next week (due to the Westminster Dog Show ala Raw) - perhaps G-Fex has a post-Raw stream to show off and steal viewers with?

GWF will be back though, just need some time for the PC to get shipped.

Aha! The secrets, revealed.

Same reason I can't watch Raw, I have work to get to.

Though I worked hard last night on Universe mode to get Goldberg feuding with Ryback, Ryback feuding with Punk, Generico Feuding with Sin Cara, Nash feuding with Lesnar.

And no, cena doesn't do drugs, he can't even have a drop of alcohol, he turns into a monster after having one blackberry shnapps

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And no, cena doesn't do drugs, he can't even have a drop of alcohol, he turns into a monster after having one blackberry shnapps

The most successful drug DEALER...is one who never samples his own product.

Kaladin

Ring of Honor has early access for their tv shows leading up to Final Battle.

Now available in the PPV section of ROHWrestling.com, it's your chance at Early Bird Access to the next five episodes of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV!!! That's right, for just $1.99 each you can see the 11/17, 11/24, 12/1, 12/8 and 12/15 episodes of ROH TV now, weeks before they air on television.

The 11/17 episode features the announcement of a new ROH Authority Figure, a TV Title bout between Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly, and a whole lot more news pertaining to “Final Battle 2012”!

The 11/24 edition includes Steve Corino & Jimmy Jacobs defending the World Tag Titles against BJ Whitmer & Rhett Titus, Davey Richards confronting Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish making his ROH TV debut, and more!

The 12/1 viewing showcases the rematch between Davey Richards & Michael Elgin, The Briscoes vs. The Headbangers, QT Marshall in action, and a lot more as we get closer and closer to “Final Battle 2012”!

On the 12/8 episode you will see the Bravado Brothers in tag team action, a look at the long history between El Generico & Kevin Steen, Jay Lethal is in singles competition and in the main event, Kevin Steen defends the ROH World Championship against "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett.

And on 12/15 the last episode before we head into FINAL BATTLE 2012: DOOMSDAY. The American Wolf Davey Richards is in action, we hear from Mike Mondo & in the Main Event Jay Briscoe takes on one half of the World Tag Team Champions, Steve Corino. Plus we get the last words of ROH World Champion Kevin Steen before he heads into LADDER WAR with El Generico

Each episode only costs $1.99 !!! Your 15% off Ringside Discount will apply if you're a member, and the episode is yours to watch until the Thursday it becomes available for general viewing! If you can't wait until the next episode of ROH TV, then this is your chance to get ahead of game!

Just go to ROHWRESTLING.com/iPPV .... The Early Access TV Episodes are in the Past PPV Events on the lower half of the page. Place your early bird order for upcoming episodes of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV now!!!

Not a bad deal IMO.

tm24

Samuray Del Sol is about to get the biggest push of his life. This happened last night in AAA

The biggest news of the night didn’t happen in a match. Octagon came out to the ring after the second match, thanking Parka for saving him at TripleMania and talking about training Samuray del Sol. Silver King and Toscano ran out ot attack Octagon, and Samuray del Sol made the save. After the rudos left, Octagon pulled out a new Octagon Jr. mask, and put it on Samuray del Sol to officially give him the new character.

This is a cool moment for Samuray del Sol, who’s worked hard for a long time before getting his recent chances in AAA and elsewhere. Octagon grew to fame based on his character, his movie work, and being the new star at the right time with some good opponents. I’m not sure if Samuray will get to be in a movie, but he’s a more exciting luchador than previous character, has some good opponents to work against (though Daga is not mean enough to be Fuerza Guerrera), and if AAA ever makes that move to the US, he’ll be the right new bilingual star at the right time. I wish there was a longer road and greater build to Samurai del Sol becoming Octagon Jr. – it feels like it might not be a out of nowhere only because a certain podcaster spilled the beans about it a while ago - because a new Octagon should be treated as nearly a big deal as a new Mistico, and this was a couple weeks of build and a surprise announcement interrupted by a run-in.

The biggest thing is what they do from here – he needs something to do, and finding someone credible to feud with is a lot more important than having him randomly win a title.

I wonder where this will leave Samuray del Sol’s US work. Octagon Jr. seems like a character AAA should have full time on spot shots, but Samuray has been traveling between both countries to still work independent shows. Also, if Octagon Jr. is an AAA contracted luchador, would he now be prevented from working in the US by the never ending legal issues between AAA & Steven Shipp/LLUSA? I don’t have any answers. Samuray’s also been upfront about his ultimate goal as being in WWE as the next Rey Misterio Jr., though he could’ve been swayed from that by getting this gimmick.
Samuray’s first match as Octagon Jr. should be this weekend at the Fusion taping. The listing with Octagon Jr. was probably correct all along, they just didn’t meant to reveal the name change that far in advance.

Here's a photo

8189491841_4a3b8e00a0_b.jpg

Also, apparently last night also has an epic brawl between LA Park and Dr Wagner Jr that started off with Park lighting Dr Wagner's towel on fire

Kaladin

Samuray Del Sol could be the next Rey Mysterio Jr. in a few years time. He's amazing in the ring, but not quite ready for WWE yet.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, Del Sol got the Octagon Jr :O

That's huge and amazing and wonderful. Awesome report TM24!

tm24

Samuray Del Sol could be the next Rey Mysterio Jr. in a few years time. He's amazing in the ring, but not quite ready for WWE yet.

Samuray has the single biggest advantage over any luchador in Mexico right now, he speaks English.

Holy shit, Del Sol got the Octagon Jr :O

That's huge and amazing and wonderful. Awesome report TM24!
Well, its not my report, its from cubsfans blog! Unfortunately, Samuray doesn't have someone awesome like Fuerza Guerrera (Juvi's dad) to make him like Octagon did. Fortunately, Samuray might already be a better worker than Octagon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Samuray has the single biggest advantage over any luchador in Mexico right now, he speaks English.

Yeah, that's a huge thing - look at how much it's holding back Sin Cara. I mean without a doubt if he could speak convincingly and worth a shit he could have done a LOT more than what he's doing.

LAW was talkin' about the Montreal Screwjob, and John Pollock said that he felt this was the most famous wrestling match of all time - I think that's insane.

Andre vs Hogan is the most famous in my opinion. Am I crazy? Or do you all agree with me? I think you'd be hard pressed to ask people on the streets about Bret vs Shawn, but people remember and know Hogan and Andre.

I think Jamie OD's got the right idea - the Montreal Screwjob holds more weight with wrestling fans, but Andre vs Hogan is much more popular, and is referenced more often in pop culture.

Personal anecdote time:
The first time I heard of Andre vs Hogan was when someone explained Alex and Hugo's special intro to me:

RZuGJ.gif

I didn't hear about Michaels VS Hart or the Screwjob until I became a wrestling fan myself, and that was only when they named dropped it during Shawn's feud with Vince.

Random crappy shots of my bootleg signs at RAW this past week...

Nice signs, dude!

Samuray Del Sol is about to get the biggest push of his life. This happened last night in AAA

Holy shit, that's huge! I'm really glad for Samuray, since he's grown a lot on me lately. Hopefully this leads him to some great matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Personal anecdote time:
The first time I heard of Andre vs Hogan was when someone was explaining Alex and Hugo's special intro in the Street Fighter III series:

RZuGJ.gif

Wow, I never put 2 and 2 together on this. This is as big as Cloudbush.

G-Fex

That match proves one thing.

1. Hulk Hogan has superhuman strength.

2. The Leg Drop is the most devastating finisher of all time.

bangai-o

Banned
A little too good if you ask me, what dark secret is he hiding?

JOhn Cena just wants you to know that he respects your questions and opinions. But he wants to inform you that he will never give up on the people, no matter which side they stand on. He will never give up on you.

LAW was talkin' about the Montreal Screwjob, and John Pollock said that he felt this was the most famous wrestling match of all time - I think that's insane.

Andre vs Hogan is the most famous in my opinion. Am I crazy? Or do you all agree with me? I think you'd be hard pressed to ask people on the streets about Bret vs Shawn, but people remember and know Hogan and Andre.

bret/shawn is bigger if you have a warped view of reality. it's just like saying bret/shawn is one of the best rivalries of all time.

G-Fex

You haven't got much choice but to job if your head is no longer attached to your shoulders :p

Also, Stan slammed Andre before Hogan did. And that was when Andre was in his prime.

In short, Hansen > Hogan.

I believe that.

Hogan just sorta sold out and got himself a saturday morning cartoon. I'm still a mark for him though.

I was impressed when Stinger slammed The Giant (Big Show) in the ring that one time so easily.

Anth0ny

I was gonna bring this up.

I still think Andre vs Hogan is the most famous. Bret vs Shawn is definitely up there. Surprisingly, my sister (who was a casual wrestling fan back during the attitude era) said Mankind vs. Taker Hell in a Cell. That's up there too, I think. Mick bring thrown off the cage is probably the most replayed moment in WWE history.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was gonna bring this up.

I still think Andre vs Hogan is the most famous. Bret vs Shawn is definitely up there. Surprisingly, my sister (who was a casual wrestling fan back during the attitude era) said Mankind vs. Taker Hell in a Cell. That's up there too, I think. Mick bring thrown off the cage is probably the most replayed moment in WWE history.

I'd probably rank that Mankind spot as being more memorable than the screwjob as well.

13530656573564kjp8.gif

That's cool for Samuray Del Sol/Octagon Jr. but on the pure quality of the name Samuray Del Sol is way cooler than Octagon Jr.

Hogan/Andre is probably the right answer for most famous match. Honorable mentions to Mega Powers Explode, Lawler vs Kaufman. I'd also say that the overall Vince vs Austin feud probably got some of the most "mainstream" media press of any angle I can recall.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's cool for Samuray Del Sol/Octagon Jr. but on the pure quality of the name Samuray Del Sol is way cooler than Octagon Jr.

Hogan/Andre is probably the right answer for most famous match. Honorable mentions to Mega Powers Explode, Lawler vs Kaufman. I'd also say that the overall Vince vs Austin feud probably got some of the most "mainstream" media press of any angle I can recall.

Weird workplace tale - all the 60 year old women I work with remember the Lawler/Kaufman angle, easy. Hogan/Andre, some. Vince/Austin? Nope.

Depends on the workplace though, if I worked in a steel mill I bet everyone knows of austin/mcmahon

Entropia

No One Remembers
Weird workplace tale - all the 60 year old women I work with remember the Lawler/Kaufman angle, easy. Hogan/Andre, some. Vince/Austin? Nope.

Depends on the workplace though, if I worked in a steel mill I bet everyone knows of austin/mcmahon

Location as well.

Canadians would probably say the Montreal Screwjob.

bangai-o

Banned

everyone at my workplace remembers when Eddie turned on Rey. Fue tu culpa!

They are from Canada so of course they think Bret vs Shawn is the most famous match

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like getting stupid and watching some Bob Sapp matches from the early 2000s.

strobogo

Banned
As far as well known angles go, Hogan joining the nWo is bigger than anything Bret or Shawn have done combined. That shit was covered on the news, in the 1990s. Well past the point when everyone knew it was fake. Complete non-wrestling fans knew about the angle. People who never watched wrestling, but knew who Hulk Hogan was, were made aware of the angle by local and national news stations covering it. No one outside of pro wrestling knows or gives a shit about Bret and Shawn. People who think Montreal was the biggest angle ever are deluding themselves. I'd say the age group that think that is the biggest angle ever is pretty slim. You would have had to be a teen in 1997. So basically people around the age of 30-40 might think it is the biggest angle ever. But people in their 20s or younger or 40s and older probably don't think that at all.

Top Bottom