• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Cagey

Banned
I enjoyed RAW until the very very end. Even if they had given the mob squad a brief 20 seconds to speak on-air and deliver vague ominous threats about how they're "coming to get what's theirs", it would have been a fine segment.

But the complete lack of lines, the trio getting into the ring for a pose only to have the camera feed cut away entirely, to deliver the same exact spot (any variation would have been acceptable)... what the hell.

At least I didn't pay for Survivor Series. I'd be furious.

Heyman was so right though. He and Punk add Attitude Era style promos and people shit on them while wanting Attitude Era back. Hypocrites.

Yep, best zinger of the night.

krae_man

Commercials for TLC advertise the following matches

* Tables Match: WWE Champion CM Punk vs. Ryback

* TLC Match: John Cena vs. Dolph Ziggler

* Chairs Match: World Hwt. Champion Big Show vs. Sheamus

Sigh

So this means Dolph will be putting up his MITB contract and Cena-Rock will be for unifying the titles? What else are they going to put up there? AJ?

Kyoufu

Sigh

So this means Dolph will be putting up his MITB contract and Cena-Rock will be for unifying the titles? What else are they going to put up there? AJ?

Dolph isn't doing anything with his contract. This is a personal feud with Cena. Pretty sure the point of this feud is to put over Ziggler so he can cash in and look strong.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Sigh

A TLC match isn't a ladder match, necessarily. There might not be anything "up there" at all.

strobogo

Banned
He does injure his ankles a lot though. He seemed to get sprained constantly

He'll have ankles like Stone Cold has knees by the time he's 40.

He should learn how to bump at some point, too. I don't think he's taken a flat back bump since 2008. I don't know what injury he had that made him take every bump so weirdly, but his bumping style can't help an existing back injury. Or be good on his hips. Or elbow that he constantly bumps on.

Brinbe

It's easy to be cynical about it, but I'm just glad they're elevating Ziggs. Even if he does take the L, as long as he puts on a hell of a show, like he's capable of doing, it'll do him a world of good.

And based on the end of SS and Raw, I think we can already tell how that tables match is gonna end!

He should learn how to bump at some point, too. I don't think he's taken a flat back bump since 2008. I don't know what injury he had that made him take every bump so weirdly, but his bumping style can't help an existing back injury. Or be good on his hips. Or elbow that he constantly bumps on.

He did have that neck surgery not sure when that was. Flair did okay for 30+ years of not landing flat.

Ithil

It's easy to be cynical about it, but I'm just glad they're elevating Ziggs. Even if he does take the L, as long as he puts on a hell of a show, like he's capable of doing, it'll do him a world of good.

And based on the end of SS and Raw, I think we can already tell how that tables match is gonna end!

Beating Cena at TLC, then later cashing in the case and taking the WHC would make his stock rise massively. Meanwhile, Cena would not be hurt in the slightest.

Kyoufu

I love how Punk sold the Cult of Personality last night. As he got out of the ring towards Ryback he was very very cautious, showing how even the WWE Champion is afraid of them.

This could be great.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shit, we lost HTown. WrassleGAF wishes him the best on his future endeavors. Miss you HTown :(

Wha happen?

I had a feeling Ziggler would win at the PPV to get his stocks up. If they were really serious about him cashing in soon they needed to show the regular viewer he can be a 'threat' and doesn't just job to Sheamus and Orton forever.

As long as Cena doesn't squash him now lol, might be getting close.

Go Ziggler!

1353386342233.gif

Toki767

Is it just me or does it seem more and more apparent that WWE creative basically tries to copy TNA stories but tries to make them better (worse)?

krae_man

Dolph isn't doing anything with his contract. This is a personal feud with Cena. Pretty sure the point of this feud is to put over Ziggler so he can cash in and look strong.

Cena in a feud to put someone else over. Thats' rich.

A TLC match isn't a ladder match, necessarily. There might not be anything "up there" at all.

When has there ever been a TLC without something up there?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunflower your avatar is getting me into the Christmas spirit.

Head on down to the Xmas Avatar thread and replace that crown with a santie hat!

After all...Bootaaay says you didn't earn anything.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jingle All the Way recast with Dave Batista and David Otunga.

Toki767

Edge was WWE Champion at the time and that match was for the WWE title. The WWE Title was absolutely up there.

Ah you're right. I'm still fairly sure there was one TLC match that actually ended in a pin. Can't figure out which one it was. Maybe I'm just thinking of the video games lol

Is it just me or does it seem more and more apparent that WWE creative basically tries to copy TNA stories but tries to make them better (worse)?

There are really only so many stories that can be told in a wrestling setting. The stories both companies are doing right now have been done plenty of times before elsewhere, only the particulars change.

gurudyne

I'd like to see the WWE stop with the AJ's boyfriend of the week storyline. AJ is really getting the Piggy James treatment and I'm not sure why.

There is a Diva--a woman whose job it is to beat up another woman in the pursuit of personal glory--whose theme song is about just how oh-so-much she needs a boyfriend. People like to point out the racism in wrestling, but the misogyny is so much worse sometimes.

Beating Cena at TLC, then later cashing in the case and taking the WHC would make his stock rise massively. Meanwhile, Cena would not be hurt in the slightest.

We can only hope. I mean, it makes so much sense, I can only hope they don't see it soon enough to panic about how predictable it is and swerve it at the last second with DQ due to a run in by Tensai, who ends up being Ziggler's lost brother and they start a tag team based on a pretty man/ugly man gimmick.

There is a Diva--a woman whose job it is to beat up another woman in the pursuit of personal glory--whose theme song is about just how oh-so-much she needs a boyfriend. People like to point out the racism in wrestling, but the misogyny is so much worse sometimes.

Here are the lyrics to the theme of the current "badass" diva - Kaitlyn
This is tonight
I know the time is right
To let you go real slow
Woah oh oh I’m so-o
This simple game
It just might be the way
To make you be my man
Yeah, but can’t you see that
You and me could be happy

(So why don’t you spin the bottle?)
(Spin it right around)
(But aim it towards me now)
(Yeah, why don’t you come and spin the bottle?)
(Push it one degree)
(So it will point at me)
(‘Cause I just want to be your supermodel)

Yup

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

It's horrible. I wouldn't compare the two - both are horrible injustices and shitty.

Aiii

So not worth it
As much as I would suck at booking wrestling shows that everyone watching would at least somewhat enjoy, I'm pretty sure I'd be a hell of a lot better at it then either TNA or WWE would be.

But to be honest, first thing I'd do is create an off-season in the summer where you'd see nobody from the main roster except some jobbers/people coming from injury. The rest would be NXT guys and girls, I would host it at Full Sail University as well and tape that shit.

Vacationtime for everyone, crew included.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As much as I would suck at booking wrestling shows that everyone watching would at least somewhat enjoy, I'm pretty sure I'd be a hell of a lot better at it then either TNA or WWE would be.

But to be honest, first thing I'd do is create an off-season in the summer where you'd see nobody from the main roster except some jobbers/people coming from injury. The rest would be NXT guys and girls, I would host it at Full Sail University as well and tape that shit.

Vacationtime for everyone, crew included.

Thing is, you have a merch lull. You have people who are big draws simply STOP. You run the risk of your off-season losing viewers for the long-term. There's a LOT of losses that can come with that off-season and while I support this, I absolutely see why they don't do it. It's career death for a lot of their dudes.

Still. :(

GWF Booking is pretty dope.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Just watched Raw and Titus was the highlight

It seemed him and King were having a blast, I liked the cheeky smile he gave King after the have a heart jibe just to make sure it was all ok

It was a clusterfuck but genuinely entertaining, been saying for a while but Titus could be a future star and make MILILIONS OF DOLLARS

Cole was so uncomfortable, though King was having the time of his life along with Titus. King loves works and shoots incorporating real life drama and politically incorrect statements :D

Anth0ny

Heyman was so right though. He and Punk add Attitude Era style promos and people shit on them while wanting Attitude Era back. Hypocrites.

uh... not really. when did someone in the attitude era use a real near death experience to get heat?

the closest i could think of would be the big boss man/big show funeral shit, but i'm pretty sure big show's dad wasn't really dead around that time.

still a great promo by heyman yesterday, though

McNei1y

GWF booking is greatest. WWE's problem is that it ignores feuds that are right in front of them. WWE also places people into title shots that don't deserve it. Cena is forever #1 contender as is Sheamus. Ziggler and Cena should have fought at SS but nope, triple threat! Stuff like that. It's bad! HIAC should have had a "four way" tag match with Rhodes Scholars, Hell No, ReyCara, and PTP. Since they missed that opportunity, they should at least do a three way with ReyCara/Hell No/PTP at TLC. They'll probably botch that set up too.

Aiii

So not worth it
Thing is, you have a merch lull. You have people who are big draws simply STOP. You run the risk of your off-season losing viewers for the long-term. There's a LOT of losses that can come with that off-season and while I support this, I absolutely see why they don't do it. It's career death for a lot of their dudes.

Still. :(

GWF Booking is pretty dope.

I guess so. However, you'd have a peak at the end and the beginning of a new season. After all, when regular TV shows take their summerbreaks people are longing for them to come back. Premiere's always score good and what not.

Plus, taking a break might be good for the talent, but mostly for creative. These guys have no off-time and it shows in their lackluster storytelling. Sure, money will be down a bit, but if my overal show quality increases because of it, more people will be watching and in the end I'll break even at the very least.

I guess so. However, you'd have a peak at the end and the beginning of a new season. After all, when regular TV shows take their summerbreaks people are longing for them to come back. Premiere's always score good and what not.

Plus, taking a break might be good for the talent, but mostly for creative. These guys have no off-time and it shows in their lackluster storytelling. Sure, money will be down a bit, but if my overal show quality increases because of it, more people will be watching and in the end I'll break even at the very least.

The WWE doesn't make most of it's money from television.

Cagey

Banned
An off-season with NXT/development guys dominating the show without the big names around simply reinforces the notion that those young wrestlers are jobber nobodies whom the audience shouldn't give a damn about, as they're simply filler until the season premier with Cena, Punk, etc.

Aiii

So not worth it
The WWE doesn't make most of it's money from television.

A better product = more people watching = more merchandising sales and more butts in seats.

An off-season with NXT/development guys dominating the show without the big names around simply reinforces the notion that those young wrestlers are jobber nobodies whom the audience shouldn't give a damn about, as they're simply filler until the season premier with Cena, Punk, etc.

Imagine the reaction for Rollins, Ambrose and Reins showing up if people actually knew who the were without having Cole explain it to us.

Top Bottom