• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

There's a sale on over at http://www.smartmarkvideo.com with 25% off your entire order when you spend $50 or more on DVDs or MP4's!

Also, tomorrow ROH's annual Delirious Insanity Thanksgiving Sale goes live.

Plus, Kingston vs Donst officially signed for CHIKARA's Season 11 Fnale 'Under the Hood', live from the Trocadero in Philly, PA, and live worldwide via iPPV;

ibmVoLv0UxZjVS.jpg

Pre-order now; http://www.smvod.com - $16.99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIhFPZ5GHwE

For the CHIKARA Grand Championship:
ivsjjlowly9VM.jpg

The War to Settle the Score:
ibueciNBZo0or1.jpg

Who leaves with a title shot?
iMF0HHQZpKEHw.jpg

For the CHIKARA Young Lion's Cup:
ibhYO5ZKNAHHvq.jpg

Jamie OD

So, I was looking for wrestling related Christmas avatar material and found out that The Destroyer recorded a Christmas album in Japan;

izzLZDxbWW3Oh.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ocmhGRLVo

Lol, what a legend. Enjoy.

There is apparently an issue of one of the old Apter mags that features a picture of The Destroyer and his family spending time together in their home. Everyone in the picture is wearing the mask, including their pet dog. I never found the image online but would love to see it.

Cagey

Banned
Like a Ryback pop?

Basically.

The crowd knows who the roster is right now, and the crowd is very stingy with the fucks it gives.

Think about the following known wrestlers and their reactions (entrance, in-ring, promos):
- Cody Rhodes
- Dolph Ziggler
- Damien Sandow
- Antonio Cesaro
- Zack Ryder
- Kofi Kingston
- Ryback

The biggest reactions belong to the most cartoon-like gimmicks (Sandow, Cesaro, Ryder). The crowd likes to chant, thus Ryback gets his catchphrase over and Kofi gets the crowd to shout "boom!" once a match, but beyond that the audience doesn't seem to care.

Aiii

So not worth it
Basically.

The crowd knows who the roster is right now, and the crowd is very stingy with the fucks it gives.

Think about the following known wrestlers and their reactions (entrance, in-ring, promos):
- Cody Rhodes
-> Jobbing all the time
- Dolph Ziggler
-> Jobbing all the time.
- Damien Sandow
-> Wins matches
- Antonio Cesaro
-> Wins matches
- Zack Ryder
-> Not on TV at all.
- Kofi Kingston
-> Wins matches, has chant that works.
- Ryback
-> Wins matches, has chant that works.

The biggest reactions belong to the most cartoon-like gimmicks (Sandow, Cesaro, Ryder). The crowd likes to chant, thus Ryback gets his catchphrase over and Kofi gets the crowd to shout "boom!" once a match, but beyond that the audience doesn't seem to care.

Aiii

So not worth it
"Jobbing all the time" is inaccurate.

Further, Kofi and Ryback winning matches as faces and no one caring outside of an opportunity for call-and-response chanting kinda blows a hole in the argument.

Name one match Ziggler has won recently besides last Sunday against Orton.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's a huge difference between a loss vs being jobbed out. To me at least.

Aiii

So not worth it
There's a huge difference between a loss vs being jobbed out. To me at least.

True, but not if you lose every match you're in.

Going into a Ziggler match, most of the crowd is already asuming he's losing the match. How is that gonna get him a good reaction from the crowd exactly?

he's from the attitude era, everyone was more real back then, everyone before and even today are too much of gimmicks, hogan was a gimmick, ryback is a gimmick, people like Stone Cold, Shawn, Rock, Cena, and Cm Punk stand above those people cuz their not playing characters, thats who they are and their saying what they really think, and fans want that cuz the fans are thinking the same thing, they just want somebody to say it

I never understood why people liked Hogan. I guess if you like Superman you like Hogan? He's not good on the mic. He's not good in the ring. Plus he doesn't know how to wrestle at all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpdxMi0AocQ haha poor baby

Aiii

So not worth it
To be fair, looking at these records from the end of September (bleacherreport)

Cody Rhodes is 15-35.
The Miz is 9-32-1.
Dolph Ziggler is 21-39-3.
Jack Swagger is 9-31.

I guess he's not doing that bad considering the company he's in.

Still, someone that's about to be main event should be winning most of the time. It shouldn't matter if he's heel or face, he's a top guy, he should appear strong for the crowd to start caring about his matches.

Faces lol:
Ryback is 31-0.
Brodus Clay is 31-2-1. (before he was a jobber)
Sin Cara is 20-4.
Sheamus is 56-11-2.

Oh look: http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/wwestatistics/article_66705.shtml
Dolph Ziggler - Loss, Win [25-48-3]

bangai-o

Banned
i went to my grandma house and tried to watch Raw live. after an hour and a half i reaized i still have another hour and a half and coulnt do it. the wrestling was pretty good. the Del Rio vs Orton mstch was good. but the so many commercial breaks and hornswaggle segment caused me to turn it off.
i started reading Mary Shelleys Frankenstien. such a good book.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
i went to my grandma house and tried to watch Raw live. after an hour and a half i reaized i still have another hour and a half and coulnt do it. the wrestling was pretty good. the Del Rio vs Orton mstch was good. but the so many commercial breaks and hornswaggle segment caused me to turn it off.
Reading a book instead of watching RAW? People are listening to my advice!!!!!

Even if you weren't listening to me, don't take this moment away.

Aiii

So not worth it

Try downloading the show instead, that way it's 45 minutes shorter.

Also, you can skip ahead all the shitty parts.

Cagey

Banned
1) Other than a cynical "Our Boy ZigZag Right Dere always loses" mindset, I doubt the average audience member goes into the match thinking "Ziggler will lose because he always loses". I doubt they remember he loses all the time. I also don't think people care about Ziggler either way. Nor Cody Rhodes. Nor Kingston, and barely for Ryback.

2) Those last two get to my point re: wins and losses. Kofi wins and the needle barely moves outside an opportunity to shout BOOM! a few times before he attempts a finishing move. Ryback got a moon push as a face monster and if it weren't for the "FEED ME MORE!" chant that he instigates (smart move, btw, because the reactions were horrible), you'd think he was another generic wrestler among dozens.

3) Brodus can lose until eternity... he's over because he's a cartoon character. Sandow can lose to big time guys and he's over because he's a cartoon asshole heel playing on some of the oldest tropes in wrestling.

You seem salty that heels you like are losing.

he's from the attitude era, everyone was more real back then, everyone before and even today are too much of gimmicks, hogan was a gimmick, ryback is a gimmick, people like Stone Cold, Shawn, Rock, Cena, and Cm Punk stand above those people cuz their not playing characters, thats who they are and their saying what they really think, and fans want that cuz the fans are thinking the same thing, they just want somebody to say it

I never understood why people liked Hogan. I guess if you like Superman you like Hogan? He's not good on the mic. He's not good in the ring. Plus he doesn't know how to wrestle at all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpdxMi0AocQ haha poor baby

Can't view youtube right now but are these his Japanese matches? To say that he isn't good on the mic or in the ring is just absurd.

knee

To be fair, looking at these records from the end of September (bleacherreport)

Cody Rhodes is 15-35.
The Miz is 9-32-1.
Dolph Ziggler is 21-39-3.
Jack Swagger is 9-31.

I guess he's not doing that bad considering the company he's in.

Still, someone that's about to be main event should be winning most of the time. It shouldn't matter if he's heel or face, he's a top guy, he should appear strong for the crowd to start caring about his matches.

Faces lol:
Ryback is 31-0.
Brodus Clay is 31-2-1. (before he was a jobber)
Sin Cara is 20-4.
Sheamus is 56-11-2.

Oh look: http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/wwestatistics/article_66705.shtml
Dolph Ziggler - Loss, Win [25-48-3]

Weird, but... I am most entertained by the ones w/ the losing records.

Crossbones. The other one is probably Hydra, I know he used to partner UMB (as did Mr. Zero), although was he ever aligned with the Envoy in the past?

UMB/Crossbones/Spectral Envoy all teamed together last year a couple of times. I think that Mr. Zero is retired but Hydra still wrestles for Wrestling is Fun, so yeah the fifth member is probably him.

Jitters

Pretty good Raw last night. I would have liked them to do more with Ambrose and Rollins and the other guy, but still pretty good. Sheamus/Sandow and Del Rio/Orton were both good matches as was Cesaro/Clay, which is good because Cesaro was in a terribly boring match at SS. I really like the Cena/AJ/Dolph segments, especially AJ going into the locker room to confront Dolph, Liked that a lot, all three are very charismatic performers. Titus O Neil was phenomenal on commentary, I mean just phenomenal. The match that he was calling was good too, but he really stole the show. Punk and Heyman are just amazing. Those two are almost on another level. I expect this to be Rybacks last match in the title picture for some time. I thought he was going win one of the big belts early next year, but he seems to be getting terrible reactions. The weirdest part of the show was Khali's match. What the hell was that about?

Top Bottom