• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

HHH is looking to have him inducted, I imagine it was him that told Heyman to say that line about Sammartino deserving to be in the HoF.

Still though, if you've seen those various clips of him on youtube as he says bad things about Vince and the company, that's a pretty good indicator that this guy wants none of that.

The Khali match and a 2 out of 3 falls match makes me hope for a return to 2 hours.

The writing staff have clearly run out of ideas and I only ever care about maybe 2 feuds in the entire WWE anyway.

Jitters

There were some long rest holds in Sheamus/Sandow and Miz/Otubga.

When Sheamus turns heel again, I bet he will become wrestleGAFs favorite wrestler.

The Khali match did nothing. I guess it was their way to just make the crowd laugh with the whole Hornswoggle and Rosa Mendes thing.

Really, this RAW did nothing but make the Ziggler vs. Cena stuff more personal?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Sammartino has been offered, I believe. It's just that he doesn't want to go in. Maybe they're trying to nudge Sammartino into doing it.

Striker

When Sheamus turns heel again, I bet he will become wrestleGAFs favorite wrestler.
His character is awful, but that said, this company has no faces. Either they're superfaces or joke characters. You have a select number of regular guys like Kofi, but there's a large separation between these guys. They need more top talent as babyfaces than anything else these days.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I like bullies, I like mean-asses. I'm one IRL so I like to see people get punished. That's why I like heels. I'll shove you around!

Ithil

What is wrong with his character exactly?

Half the time, he's a boring smiley jokey Cena copy, the other half he's a violent psychopath and bully. Both halves are portrayed as a wonderful, stand up guy.

If they could simply allow him to be an anti-hero who is not exactly a role model, but is badass and targets the bad guys, he would be one of the best in the company. He doesn't even need to go heel, just a harder kind of face, because the Cena-lite stuff doesn't suit him at all, it didn't suit Punk and it doesn't suit Sheamus. When he first turned face, he was still a rough, tough, violent brute, he just aimed it at the heels (like being brave enough to go toe to toe with Mark Henry during his Hall of Pain run). He got much better reactions and was much more entertaining then (he'd kind of run his course as a heel, prior).

He's become one of the most consistently good wrestlers on the roster, and I expect by the time he retires he'll be seen as one of their best ever big man wrestlers. I just hate how his character is. It's not entertaining.

They're beginning to move him in a better direction in this feud with Big Shoe, however.

Jamie OD

Sammartino has been offered, I believe. It's just that he doesn't want to go in. Maybe they're trying to nudge Sammartino into doing it.

Yeah, he wants nothing to do with the WWE and doesn't think his absence from their Hall Of Fame tarnishes his career or accomplishments one bit.

Hey Cagey, did you ever tweet to Otunga that you passed the bar? Maybe he has some Thermos advice for you!
I like bullies, I like mean-asses. I'm one IRL so I like to see people get punished. That's why I like heels. I'll shove you around!

UEgh3.jpg

No matter if its Cena, Punk, or Sheamus, they tried way too hard to be a comedian. They all came off flat each time. I guess the good thing about Orton's face character is he doesn't speak much.

Punk's face character was best when he was normal dude against Jericho who had gone full senile.

Striker

Punk's face character was best when he was normal dude against Jericho who had gone full senile.
It was all smiles and jokes with Triple H up until he befriend him, and I found everything in the Jericho, and Bryan/AJ thing pretty boring. The Jericho one was all basically Jericho bringing up drunk sisters. Lame angle.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No matter if its Cena, Punk, or Sheamus, they tried way too hard to be a comedian. They all came off flat each time. I guess the good thing about Orton's face character is he doesn't speak much.

I think that's the problem with a lot of the faces that just don't work for me - they try to be comedians and aren't suited for it.

I miss a classic good guy. You know who was a classic good guy? Huk Hogin before Hollywood.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have to disagree here. Batista actually put on some great matches with guys like HHH, Taker, and Kane. No, he wasn't technically sound, but he was a great brawler with good in ring psychology. He was a good wrestler.

Thanks for sticking up for Big Dave. He wasn't the most graceful, but he could wrestle for real.

Cagey

Banned
Hey Cagey, did you ever tweet to Otunga that you passed the bar? Maybe he has some Thermos advice for you!

I have no Twitter or Tout account, I'M NOT CONNECTED TO THE DUB DUB E UNIVERSE :(

EDIT: I need monster Hall of Pain heel Mark Henry back in my life. There's so many people in the WWE, and so many of them need dey ass kicked

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have no Twitter or Tout account, I'M NOT CONNECTED TO THE DUB DUB E UNIVERSE :(

EDIT: I need monster Hall of Pain heel Mark Henry back in my life. There's so many people in the WWE, and so many of them need dey ass kicked

I tweeted to Otungurs for you. And I miss Hall of Pain Mark too.

CHARGE YOU FOR AIR

Ithil

I think that's the problem with a lot of the faces that just don't work for me - they try to be comedians and aren't suited for it.

I miss a classic good guy. You know who was a classic good guy? Huk Hogin before Hollywood.

CM Punk IS funny, though, but he's funny when he's being an asshole, not when he's being a smartass face saying "toolbox". Think Punk on commentary back in 2010, or the little things in his current heel run he does

There are a lot of British in this thread and I don't yet know how I feel about it. Might have to start instituting quotas before they take over the joint, what with their double-decker buses, black taxis, and phone booths.

This is unprecedented and I'm scratching my head trying to come up with answers. They never talk about Wade Barrett and are ashamed to be associated with Drew McIntyre, so what's the draw?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There are a lot of British in this thread and I don't yet know how I feel about it. Might have to start instituting quotas before they take over the joint, what with their double-decker buses, black taxis, and phone booths.

This is unprecedented and I'm scratching my head trying to come up with answers. They never talk about Wade Barrett and are ashamed to be associated with Drew McIntyre, so what's the draw?

like all brits, they avoid confrontations at all costs so don't expect an answer.

Top Bottom