• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Aiii

So not worth it

imagexzyy.jpg

Finally caught up with NXT. Richie Steamboat is definitely the next failure in the sons of greats. He's gonna get a push and fail to get a reaction from the crowd just all around bland. I can't wait for Paige and Kassius Ohno to get on the main roster, they will definately get over.

Ithil

Finally caught up with NXT. Richie Steamboat is definitely the next failure in the sons of greats. He's gonna get a push and fail to get a reaction from the crowd just all around bland. I can't wait for Paige and Kassius Ohno to get on the main roster, they will definately get over.

I would have said Cody was bland too at 25, I'm holding out on whether Steamboat gets better. He seems talented enough in the ring at least.

strobogo

Banned
I like Richie and think people will get behind him, because he has the same great face ability that Ricky had. He's no where near the level of in ring talent, but he's a good baby face.

What the fuck happened to Drew's hand? He's been wearing a cast for 6 months now.

I like Richie and think people will get behind him, because he has the same great face ability that Ricky had. He's no where near the level of in ring talent, but he's a good baby face.

What the fuck happened to Drew's hand? He's been wearing a cast for 6 months now.
Drew said Rollins injured him when they wrestled on NXT.

I think they are gonna have to pull an Orton with Steamboat and have his father come out with him for the fans to care. I wanna see Joe Hennig get another chance though hes so much better on NXT. His matches with Tyson Kidd and Rollins have been good to great. The divas division definitely needs more girls who can actually wrestle. When they have Paige vs Alicia Fox its a good match but then they have Layla and Aksana wrestle and its horrible. If they wanna have models in the WWE always have a "pretty girl" vs a wrestler girl and it will at least be decent.

Good prospects from NXT
-Seth Rollins
-Kassius Ohno
-Paige
-Bray Wyatt
-Big E Langston (although hes got a weird look kinda looks like an oversized baby)
-Leo Krugger (i didn't like this guy at 1st, but he has grown on me)

WWE guys who are just better on NXT
-Micheal Mcguillicutty
-Tyson Kidd
-Justin Gabriel
-Alicia Fox

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tenille Dashwood is a way better wrestler than Paige.

and don't even get me started on SDR. She's not going to be a trainer forever.

When they have Paige vs Alicia Fox its a good match but then they have Layla and Aksana wrestle and its horrible. If they wanna have models in the WWE always have a "pretty girl" vs a wrestler girl and it will at least be decent.

I think Aksana is just irredeemably horrible, whereas Layla has improved a whole lot since returning from injury and has had some good matches this year with the likes of Beth, Nat, Eve & AJ. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss her as one of the bad ones. Plus, I absolutely LOVE her low-angle armdrag into a La Magistral Cradle combo, which she always executes very crisply.

Dragonzord said:
Tenille Dashwood is a way better wrestler than Paige.

Technically, I would agree, but I also think Paige is better at the ring psychology side of things and, as such, is capable of telling a great story in the ring. Also, her strikes are better than most, especially in WWE.

And yeah, they would be crazy to not do something with SDR at some point. I would like to see them introduce her on-screen as the trainer and general manager of the Divas division.

Striker

Good prospects from NXT

WWE guys who are just better on NXT
-Micheal Mcguillicutty
-Tyson Kidd
-Justin Gabriel
-Alicia Fox
If you're gonna have Paige for her looks, you should have Audrey who is packing the ass and thighs.

And I'd think Tyson can easily be a solid mid-card level guy on any show. Shows how stupid the booking has been in this company. Khali and Hornswaggle get more writing to them than actual talent.

I think Aksana is just irredeemably horrible, whereas Layla has improved a whole lot since returning from injury and has had some good matches this year with the likes of Beth, Nat, Eve & AJ. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss her as one of the bad ones. Plus, I absolutely LOVE her low-angle armdrag into a La Magistral Cradle combo, which she always executes very crisply.

Yah I agree, personality wise Layla needs to go back to being a bully heel. Her current smiling halpy face just sucks especially when she gets mic time and commentary. The good thing is most of the model girls that Johnny ace hired are gone. The only model looking girls on Nxt are announcers. They have a decent roster of divas that can wrestle currently. But they WWE will never book them as anything other than the break match

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tenille has a hotter accent than Paige too. Aussie girls are the best.
Tyson could and should be the 123 Kid of this generation.

Chuck Taylor is the 123 Kid of this generation
tumblr_mdtiznmTn41rbmjvuo1_250.gif

And yeah, they would be crazy to not do something with SDR at some point. I would like to see them introduce her on-screen as the trainer and general manager of the Divas division.

No, she needs to wrestle. Office personalities tend to lead to suits, and I don't get to see this.,
tumblr_lo8opzGahD1qitoago1_500.jpg

rvy

Banned
What happens now that Linda lost? Are we stuck with John Cena kissing babies and hugging fat chicks until Vince dies?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
SMS has a PIE eating contest!

The Rock tried this during the Attitude Era.

Attitude Era is back!

sephi22

Could someone recommend me some good wrestling podcasts? I want to listen to reactions to Punk's shoot and the following weeks of Summer of Punk '11

I listen to Smart Wrestling Fan but they've put their archive behind a paywall and are releasing old episodes individually on a week-by-week basis

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Could someone recommend me some good wrestling podcasts? I want to listen to reactions to Punk's shoot and the following weeks of Summer of Punk '11

I listen to Smart Wrestling Fan but they've put their archive behind a paywall and are releasing old episodes individually on a week-by-week basis

The LAW?

Aiii

So not worth it
Podcasts? I'd recommend Solomonster Sounds Off (my personal favorite, the guy has great insight), Live Audio Wrestling (best reviews), Inside The Ropes, Between The Ropes and finally Art of Wrestling by Colt Cabana.

The next New Japan iPPV is available for pre-order - it costs 1,800 yen if you purchase it now, or 2,000 yen on the day it airs;

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/njpw1972

New Japan Pro-Wrestling, "WORLD TAG LEAGUE 2012", 2012.12.02
Aichi Prefecture Gymnasium

16:00 JST | 08:00 CET | 07:00 GMT | 02:00 EST | 23:00 PST

• World Tag League 2012: Finals - ? & ? vs ? & ?
  • World Tag League 2012: Semi-Final - Winner of Block A vs Runner Up of Block B
  • World Tag League 2012: Semi-Final - Winner of Block B vs Runner Up of Block A
  • Kazushi Sakuraba & Katsuyori Shibata vs ? & ?
  • Another 4-6 matches to be announced

Here are the current standings in the World Tag League;

Block A:
1. Minoru Suzuki & Kengo Mashimo [6]
2. Togi Makabe & Wataru Inoue [4]
3. Yuji Nagata & Masaaki Mochizuki [2]
-. Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI [2]
-. Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii [2]
6. Hirooki Goto & Karl Anderson [0]
-. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Captain New Japan [0]

Block B:
1. Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi [6]
2. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima [2]
-. Manabu Nakanishi & Strong Man [2]
-. MVP & Shelton Benjamin [2]
-. Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka [2]
-. Rush & Diamante Azul [2]
7. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. [0]

Surprised that
Anderson & Goto or Archer & Smith
haven't scored any points yet, but with 4 more shows on the tour both teams still have a chance to reach the finals, as long as
Suzuki & Mashimo and Tanaka & Yujiro
don't win any more of their matches.

I would love to see Karl Anderson & Hirooki Goto vs Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi in the finals, but I can't see it happening.

Also, in regards to the GHC Heavyweight Title match at the big Tokyo Dome show on 01/04,
KENTA won the Pro-Wrestling NOAH Global League
and will go on to challenge the winner of Morishima and Kojima at the Dome. I was initially hoping for Morishima vs Nagata, as I can't see Kojima winning his title shot, but with the All Japan involvement we might get a Triple Crown title match, and Funaki vs Nagata would be great to see on such a big stage.

Kenny King is no longer listed on the TNA roster page;

http://www.impactwrestling.com/roster/Wrestler-Roster

And Meltzer posted this earlier in the month about his status;

"They consider him X Division. The people making the decisions now don't believe in X Division. Therefore he's got no role nor is anyone thinking of a role for him. Doesn't matter if he looked good or not in the ring. Sonjay & Jigsaw looked tremendous and management didn't care. They don't believe in small guys and have him categorized as such."

Perhaps burning his bridges with ROH wasn't such a great idea.

The LAW is okay. I think Jason Agnew is too cynical and mean. Reviewawai and Review A Raw thanks to the combo of John Pollock and Wai Ting.

MLW with Bauer, Conan and M something is pretty good since Conan was in the industry, Bauer was on the WWE creative team, etc.

Art of Wrestling is good. I like Colt Cabana. It's like a fire side chat. I think the one with Brooklyn Brawler was great.

The Figure Four Family is good. I like Brian and Vinny. And Meltzer is right 25% of the time.

Top Bottom