• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

strobogo

Banned
Y2J'S NEW GIMMICK REVEALED!

jericho_510x380.jpg

Jericho, RoboLiger, and Zombie Fifield for KOT 2013.

Aiii

So not worth it
So you guys, I had this weird thought, do you think they're doing this Dolph has a crush on AJ thing to break him away from Vickie and turn him face? If this ends up with a Dolph/AJ pairing and Dolph beating Cena on PPV I will consider this storyline redeemed.

Enfinit

*thumbs up* Jericho keeps doing his own thing. You gotta respect that.

That's one of the aspects I really love about Jericho. He's one of the very, very few wrestlers that can be extremely successful outside of sports-entertainment, and aren't dependent on the WWE. It's awesome to see guys like him with all of the other things he has going on, like Rock with movies, Batista with shitty movies and MMA (lol), Stone Cold with reality TV and movies, and John Cena and his rap career.

Jitters

what about Kelly Kelly?
She has been doing a lot of photoshoots recently and has a calendar coming out. I really hope she becomes a successful model.

I also think it's neat Jericho does whatever he wants, but I really wish he would come back. He is one of my all time favorites.

G-Fex

That's one of the aspects I really love about Jericho. He's one of the very, very few wrestlers that can be extremely successful outside of sports-entertainment, and aren't dependent on the WWE. It's awesome to see guys like him with all of the other things he has going on, like Rock with movies, Batista with shitty movies and MMA (lol), Stone Cold with reality TV and movies, and John Cena and his rap career.

John Cena has a rap career?

Alucard

Banned

Yeah, it shows that he's able to step away and still make a living. I'd like to see many more guys go the Jericho route instead of the Terry Funk and Jerry Lynn route.

I'd be happy never seeing Jericho in a wrestling ring ever again. He can definitely still go as he's only 42, and maybe he can have a legendary "one more match" feud against someone like Punk or Bryan, but I'd like to see him do it right and step away with his health in tact.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I watched the Attitude Era earlier. The documentary piece was ... underwhelming. :\

They glossed over a LOT of things. They could've easily made it over 3 hours long and touched on actual specific events that happened over that period of time.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I watched the Attitude Era earlier. The documentary piece was ... underwhelming. :\

They glossed over a LOT of things. They could've easily made it over 3 hours long and touched on actual specific events that happened over that period of time.
Let me guess, "Stone Cold, Stone Cold, an incredible overstatement of the impact of DX (particularly HHH), and the rest is Rock."

Entropia

No One Remembers
Let me guess, "Stone Cold, Stone Cold, an incredible overstatement of the impact of DX (particularly HHH), and the rest is Rock."

No, in fact, they don't even scratch the Rock.

There is actually a bit of DX circlejerking. Stone Cold is mentioned of course. Then they go into the "omg we kinda crossed the line sometimes" - Mick Foley

gurudyne

Holy shit, that's embarrassing. They are desperate to make HHH look like as big of a star as Stone Cold and Rock, lol.

Was about to post "You mean HHH is out to make HHH look like a star", but I can see how he'd have Vince come along with him on that one. Which do you guys think is more likely--HHH tries to shove himself down our throats for the next 6-8 years ala Cena while ignoring evidence that this is a bad idea, or he wraps himself up in the business side of THIS BIZNISS too much to have his huge ego fests anymore?

Sounds like recent WWE documentaries have been pretty weak.
Speaking of their DVDs we've got match listings for the next best ppv matches dvd/blu ray...

WWE Championship Match
CM Punk vs. Dolph Ziggler
Special Guest Referee: John Laurinaitis
Royal Rumble • January 29, 2012

Elimination Chamber Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Daniel Bryan vs. Big Show vs. The Great Khali vs. Santino Marella vs. Wade Barrett vs. Cody Rhodes
Elimination Chamber • February 19, 2012

End of an Era Hell in a Cell Match
Triple H vs. Undertaker
Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels
WrestleMania XXVIII • April 1, 2012

Once in a Lifetime
The Rock vs. John Cena
WrestleMania XXVIII • April 1, 2012

Divas Championship Match
Layla vs. Beth Phoenix
Over the Limit • May 20, 2012

Intercontinental Championship Match
Christian vs. Cody Rhodes
No Way Out • June 17, 2012

No Disqualification Match for the WWE Championship
CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan
Special Guest Referee: AJ
Money in the Bank • July 15, 2012

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
SummerSlam • August 19, 2012

Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler
Night of Champions • September 16, 2012

WWE Championship Match
CM Punk vs. John Cena
Night of Champions • September 16, 2012

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Sheamus vs. Big Show
Hell in a Cell • October 28, 2012

Blu Ray content

Ambulance Match
John Cena vs. Kane
Elimination Chamber • February 19, 2012

2 out of 3 Falls Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan
Extreme Rules • April 29, 2012

SmackDown Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Christian vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Tensai vs. Santino Marella vs. Damien Sandow vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Sin Cara
Money in the Bank • July 15, 2012

WWE Championship Hell in a Cell Match
CM Punk vs. Ryback
Hell in a Cell • October 28, 2012

Well that's half good and half shit from my view point, they put in Kane's worst PPV match instead of like any other like one from this year (including the pre show vs Ryder), cheers WWE.
They've certainly loaded up on the big matches but most of them underwhelmed, well I can't complain too much, certainly saves people from buying a bunch of ho-hum ppvs for like the one or two good matches.

Top Bottom