• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

That Attitude Era documentary felt like it was made for the Little Jimmy who wasn't even born when it ended. Like a grandpa glossing over a story to tell his grandson. Super lightweight in terms of actual information and interesting stories or factoids. Mostly stuff a fan already knows and has seen. And while I love Mick, his interviews consisted of different phrasings of "we pushed the envelope a bit too far."

On the other hand, that Dolph Ziggler interview with Chris Van Vliet a few days ago was a much better watch. Nice to see him outside of kayfabe and talking about that stupid first "reign." I didn't think I could like Ziggler even more.

Kacho

Gold Member
The Attitude Era DVD is a joke. Hardly any mention of Shawn Micheals and his contributions to the dawning of the Attitude Era. Also, Mark Henry was given way too much attenton. Other than the sexual chocolate crap he was a nobody during that time. More time should have been focused on SCSA, The Rock, and the original DX.

Ithil

Sounds like recent WWE documentaries have been pretty weak.
Speaking of their DVDs we've got match listings for the next best ppv matches dvd/blu ray...

Well that's half good and half shit from my view point, they put in Kane's worst PPV match instead of like any other like one from this year (including the pre show vs Ryder), cheers WWE.
They've certainly loaded up on the big matches but most of them underwhelmed, well I can't complain too much, certainly saves people from buying a bunch of ho-hum ppvs for like the one or two good matches.

Not having Bryan vs. Punk at OTL, or Brock vs. Cena? Come on.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The Attitude Era DVD is a joke. Hardly any mention of Shawn Micheals and his contributions to the dawning of the Attitude Era. Also, Mark Henry was given way too much attenton. Other than the sexual chocolate crap he was a nobody during that time. More time should have been focused on SCSA, The Rock, and the original DX.
HHH was nothing more than HBK's lackey in the original DX. They can't focus on that! Lol

LOL guys

I don't know what you guys thought it would be like,

Attitude Era is butchered now.

I would've been happy with a bit more openness from the guys they interviewed. There is a little bit about how it was a very cut-throat environment where guys would claw at each other to get TV time and such but that's it. This doc is mostly platitudes and feels like a video version of a wiki page.

I would've been happy with a bit more openness from the guys they interviewed. There is a little bit about how it was a very cut-throat environment where guys would claw at each other to get TV time and such but that's it. This doc is mostly platitudes and feels like a video version of a wiki page.
I agree, the quip about how a mistake can get you piled on by other hungry wrestlers was literally the only thing interesting or new about it, everything else already known.

I think the only great blu-ray they've had so far is the SCSA one, everything else is too kayfabe.

Not having Bryan vs. Punk at OTL, or Brock vs. Cena? Come on.

Don't worry, we get the noticeably worse Bryan/Punk match and the definitely worse Lesnar match!

Though in defence of the choices having the OTL match on the CM Punk dvd probably factored in the choice to put the MitB title match in.

Sokantish

I really liked the CM Punk one, you should watch it! I've watched a few of the ones on Netflix as well, they aren't really as good. I hate the ones that act like all the storyline stuff is real

McNei1y

I really liked the CM Punk one, you should watch it! I've watched a few of the ones on Netflix as well, they aren't really as good. I hate the ones that act like all the storyline stuff is real

AF4rx.gif

Yeah staying kayfabe completely ruins it.

Every blu ray needs to be like beyond the mat.

Kyoufu

Raw is tomorrow but I bet they go nowhere with the Shield or whatever they're called.

They'll probably attack Santino again.

While the nWo and the Attitude Era documentaries could be better, I do enjoy the matches/promos on there which is what I cared about more. I say scoop it up!

I actually really liked the Randy Orton one. Even though he is a face they showed all his drug problems and his asshole attitude. But also made me realize every time i see Orton on TV all he wants to do is go home and be with his family

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I actually really liked the Randy Orton one. Even though he is a face they showed all his drug problems and his asshole attitude. But also made me realize every time i see Orton on TV all he wants to do is go home and be with his family

I really liked it too. Found it funny his goal in life was to sit in the basement and do nothing.

Alucard

Banned
Sounds like recent WWE documentaries have been pretty weak.
Speaking of their DVDs we've got match listings for the next best ppv matches dvd/blu ray...

Well that's half good and half shit from my view point, they put in Kane's worst PPV match instead of like any other like one from this year (including the pre show vs Ryder), cheers WWE.
They've certainly loaded up on the big matches but most of them underwhelmed, well I can't complain too much, certainly saves people from buying a bunch of ho-hum ppvs for like the one or two good matches.

Hmm, so is this worth it? I never saw the Punk/Bryan Over the Limit match and was going to buy this for that, but...it's not on here?

Heretic

How much of the Hardy Boyz do they cover?

Alucard

Banned
"They did ladder matches with Edge and Christian" was pretty much the extent.

:\

Like I said, the doc should've been like 2-3 hours.

Sounds like a pretty fast-and-dirty documentary that was just made to make an easy buck. It's ridiculous because a company as big and storied as the WWE should care about preserving its history.

Alucard

Banned
Btw, I started watching Dragon Gate's Open the Untouchable Gate from 2010 again, and man...Bryan Danielson used to be such a badass.

For those of you who have never seen a Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan) promo, check this one out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtQ_FnaO54w

This was after a 4+ star classic against Naruki Doi, and was his "bowing out" show before going to the WWE.

I miss this Bryan Danielson. :( I really hope we get to see him in the WWE one day.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I watched the Attitude Era earlier. The documentary piece was ... underwhelming. :\

They glossed over a LOT of things. They could've easily made it over 3 hours long and touched on actual specific events that happened over that period of time.

If anything, it felt like the Attitude Era mode in WWE13 did a better job than the documentary did. If they combined the two, it would feel more complete yet still missing a bunch.

Wish there was a PPV on tonight. I'm in a bum mood, parents fight a lot and now don't talk to each other. Just very awkward and frustrating, even going downstairs make a sandwich is stressful. I need to move out.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Wish there was a PPV on tonight. I'm in a bum mood, parents fight a lot and now don't talk to each other. Just very awkward and frustrating, even going downstairs make a sandwich is stressful. I need to move out.
We're in very similar situations, unfortunately. I don't want to jinx it, but it looks like I will be moving out next year.

Alucard

Banned

Sorry to hear that, Heavy and Soulplaya. It's one of the most difficult situations you can experience while living with your parents.

DXPett1

I'm not a fan of Orton in the slightest (his 5 moves of doom is worse the Cena, at least Cena has different finishers) but that makes me want to get his dvd. The story behind the wrestler is far more interesting than just a match compilation

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Thanks guys, my parents are good people. They just can't get along. It also doesn't help that my mother has some very obvious mental disorders that she refuses to get treated, no matter how obvious they become. Plenty of people have it much, much worse, though, so what can you do?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hang in there WrassleGAF Family. We're family here too guys. <3

Top Bottom