• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunflower, I just imagine you yelling, "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIEND!" if a family member or friend upsets you.

Well, you can pick your friends! But family, well...you get what you get.

Hoping all of you who are in the midst of trying times can... :)

Rise above family

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunflower it seems that vacation has done wonders for you. You're so positive now!

HIV-style! I'm just happy my new comp is almost here. Gonna stream the FUCK out of what will now be known as the leadup and PPV itself for the GWF!

Alucard

Banned
Remember Jericho's 2012 WWE run?

Neither do I.

He landed a code breaker on CM Punk with a chair against his knees at Extreme Rules! :O

EDIT: Just finished watching the Jericho/Punk Extreme Rules match in full. Man, that was great stuff. So many memorable moments: Punk using a fire extinguisher to break up the Walls of Jericho, Punk diving off the top rope and putting Jericho through the announce table with an elbow, Jericho breaking up the anaconda vice with a kendo stick, and the final reversal sequence setting up Punk's victory.

Judging by the storyline, and from the reactions to their WM match, I'd say that Jericho and Punk had a pretty successful feud.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Watching the Jericho debut segment... The Rock has a slightly long shirt and his trunks on. It makes him look like he has nothing on below the belt. :S

McNei1y

I was doing the math earlier when Jericho left for tour, I believe he is done in in January but then has a festival in March. I hope he returns again.

Alucard

Banned
The street fight he had with CM Punk was great. You know shit just got real if they wrestle in street clothes.

As someone who just watched this match in full for the first time on youtube, I have to concur. That was as close to a five-star match as you can get.

Alucard

Banned
I want to say that's everyone's dream

First, Bryan needs to get back into singles wrestling. I've enjoyed the ride with Hell No, but he's much better when he's running solo. I also hope that they let him be a badass instead of a joke character at some point as well. Serious Daniel Bryan is the best Daniel Bryan.

bryan-danielson.jpg

Alucard

Banned
It wasn't "a run". He was just one of the random jobbers they used on the weekend shows. They used to use A.J. Styles, Samoa Joe, Chris Daniels, and Low-Ki on the weekend shows a lot as jobbers too during the Invasion era.

I see. Thank you, Wikipedia:

After Danielson graduated from Aberdeen-Weatherwax High School located in Aberdeen, WA in 1999, he decided to pursue wrestling professionally and initially attempted to train at Dean Malenko's wrestling school. Due to its subsequent closure, however, he instead trained under Shawn Michaels and Rudy Gonzalez at the Texas Wrestling Academy.[24][6] Danielson debuted in Michaels' promotion, the Texas Wrestling Alliance (TWA), and on March 21, 2000, he won his first professional wrestling championship, when he teamed with Spanky to win the TWA Tag Team Championship by defeating Jeromy Sage and Ruben Cruz.

As Danielson continued to tour the country, he was signed to a developmental deal by the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) to work in their developmental system where recently signed performers train and refine their skills before debuting on WWF's television programming, and was assigned to Memphis Championship Wrestling (MCW). There, Danielson gained exposure, and was trained by WWF competitor William Regal, who he has credited as being instrumental in the development of his career.[6] It was during this time that Danielson adopted his well-known moniker "American Dragon".[25] WWF severed its ties with MCW in 2001, releasing Danielson from his contract, but not before he won the MCW Light Heavyweight Championship and the MCW Tag Team Championship with Spanky.[4] Danielson returned to the company on later dates after it was renamed World Wrestling Entertainment to compete on its secondary programming, Velocity and Heat, initially as enhancement talent before being allowed to compete in longer matches; he once wrestled future WWE Champion John Cena in a losing effort.[26][27]

Danielson also toured Japan with the promotion, Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling (FMW) with fellow trainee from the Texas Wrestling Academy, Lance Cade, competing in several tag team matches.[1][8] He returned to the country after his release from the WWF, competing in Japan's premier promotion, New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW).

Hoarr

Neo Member
That's the third time I've seen the phrase "enhancement talent" today. I don't think I ever really noticed that term used so freely -- what gives? Was there a mandate that passed last week or something?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's the third time I've seen the phrase "enhancement talent" today. I don't think I ever really noticed that term used so freely -- what gives? Was there a mandate that passed last week or something?

Nah, it's been like that for quite some time, and it's an apt descriptor.

Top Bottom