• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Laserfrog

Alright get hyped for tonight! Immediately after RAW is the first episode of the GWF, the only federation that MATTERS.

Tonight Commissioner "Honest" Bootaaay kicks off the King of the Ring tournament for the Vacant Wrassle-GAF World Heavyweight Championship! Bootaaay promises that there will be no foul play involved, but will someone behind the scenes try to manipulate the ending?

Tune in right after RAW! http://twitch.tv/sunnybuns

I had to edit my channel just now! My 'test' run streaming a 20 kane royal rumble was archived on there. eeek!

I am already hyped!

Edit- ooh it's a new page! I better do something special for it.

JR82.jpg

Young up and comer Lou Thesz getting a push in a place called "Japan"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dG0YKTL9Zc

Laserfrog

I didn't have any lunch today :(
I normally have eggs for lunch.

Also I saw some of Sherlock Holmes in New York starring Roger Moore as Sherlock Holmes, it was absolutely terrible!

Unfortunately WWE only know how to do generic themes now, i'm still kind of surprised Alberto Del Rio managed to avoid having a theme by Downstait that kicks of with wailing guitars and exciting lyrics like...
"Yeeeaaaaah I got lots of cash, unlike the rest of you trash
i'm here to make big splash, i'll make you tap out in a flash"

*GUITARS WAIL AWWWW SHIT*

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also I saw some of Sherlock Holmes in New York starring Roger Moore as Sherlock Holmes, it was absolutely terrible!

That's due to the source material. Sherlock Holmes has and always will SUCK since Sir Arthur Conan Doyle weenie'd out and wouldn't kill him off. He's like the Kojima of books.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm training for my virtual debut by playing Donkey Kong '94 on my SUPER gameboy.

Man I'm stressed. For instance, I'm at work right now...stressin' that I forgot to put your mask on your ring attire but left it on Cinematic.

Stress in spades.

G-Fex

watching ready to rumble, that scene peeking into the nitro girls lockerroom is fantastic.

and look at how prime DDP was.

SHarris78

All we need now is the Titantron to feature the Union Jack at some point.

And someone to use football for heat only to misunderstand it.

Weve already got 2 massive union jacks either side of the titantron, so all we need is someone to mention soccer and were all good!

strobogo

Banned
Fuck, I hate online wrestling games. Dudes just non stop spamming running moves and any bit of lag makes it impossible to do any reversals.

McNei1y

Fuck, I hate online wrestling games. Dudes just non stop spamming running moves and any bit of lag makes it impossible to do any reversals.

I thought the reverse was true. All i see online is a stupid amount of reversals

Yea I complained about this in the WWE '13 thread on gaming side. Reversals happen all the time (just gotta time it a bit earlier with the lag). The spamming of running moves make me want to punt small animals. It's unbearable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yea I complained about this in the WWE '13 thread on gaming side. Reversals happen all the time (just gotta time it a bit earlier with the lag). The spamming of running moves make me want to punt small animals. It's unbearable.

The only way to fight back is to make a John Cena that uses a Diva entrance and the WORST music you can think of - and force them to sit through the entrance. So even if you lose, you win.

Also lose by countout after getting a 9 count 5 times in a row.

McNei1y

The only way to fight back is to make a John Cena that uses a Diva entrance and the WORST music you can think of - and force them to sit through the entrance. So even if you lose, you win.

Also lose by countout after getting a 9 count 5 times in a row.

Oh I'm using these then.

SVR 2011 wasn't like this online. It felt like an actual wrestling match. A lot of people did use Triple H's jumping knee move but not as frequent as everyone does now. I want to play some WWE with wrasslegaf bros so we can get some good matches in!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Striker

Oh I'm using these then.

SVR 2011 wasn't like this online. It felt like an actual wrestling match. A lot of people did use Triple H's jumping knee move but not as frequent as everyone does now. I want to play some WWE with wrasslegaf bros so we can get some good matches in!
SvR '11 was nothing but running moves and spamming groggy grapples. They made chain grappling so awful nobody ever used it, and since they made groggy grappling so easy (like running), people spammed it. That game's running moves consisted of running spears, striking spears (which glided like Raiden in MK) and Triple H's knee (which homed on you).

WWE '12 and this one has that second window of reversing running. Far, far easier to reverse them than a few years ago. Only grievance will be a person spamming groggies but that will come down to timing and if a player will try to cheese in any fashion.

The spamming of running moves has forever been a problem in this series even before online, in older games the counter for running moves was a non damaging counter which made things all the more stupid, especially with overpowered moves like the running STO and Spear.
I have a friend who even did this in local multiplayer, his excuse was because it's the only way to actually hit moves on another human without being countered and as much as I loathe it he's partly right considering that countering is piss easy, you had to play mind games around finally hitting your grapple in order to make them mistime the counter attempt but even then some entries like 2010 were stupidly lenient with counter timing.
And of course No Mercy had this all nailed down, spamming clotheslines? then prepare to eat many armbar counters, stronger grapple move counter difficulty was based around your spirit meaning you had to work opponents down for a chance to pull out the big moves with a greater success rate.
Multiplayer in WWE games has been pretty sucky since DoR2, All Stars was on the way to success but still has some irritating issues that will be ironed out in the sequel that will never actually arrive.

McNei1y

SvR '11 was nothing but running moves and spamming groggy grapples. They made chain grappling so awful nobody ever used it, and since they made groggy grappling so easy (like running), people spammed it. That game's running moves consisted of running spears, striking spears (which glided like Raiden in MK) and Triple H's knee (which homed on you).

WWE '12 and this one has that second window of reversing running. Far, far easier to reverse them than a few years ago. Only grievance will be a person spamming groggies but that will come down to timing and if a player will try to cheese in any fashion.

Well I am wrong about SvR '11 since I played it online during WWE '12 was out so I only had a few groups of people to play with.

I do like the ability to reverse running moves, but it's just so annoying. I lose one on one matches very quickly because someone just runs towards me and uses like 9 straight running ddt's and then their signature and finisher. Then I get pinned.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Super Smackdown LIVE is tomorrow night

but is it really LIVE?????????

LAWSUIT time

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Super Smackdown LIVE is tomorrow night

but is it really LIVE?????????

LAWSUIT time

I can guarantee you with the exception of the pretape cinemas, GWF tonight will be 100% LIVE.

Striker

Well I am wrong about SvR '11 since I played it online during WWE '12 was out so I only had a few groups of people to play with.

I do like the ability to reverse running moves, but it's just so annoying. I lose one on one matches very quickly because someone just runs towards me and uses like 9 straight running ddt's and then their signature and finisher. Then I get pinned.
There's such a large window for reversing those, you just press A. I have yet to do online in WWE '13 but that's how it was in WWE '12 and they have the same reversal setups.

My issue with WWE '12 online was, at least in the latter stages of its life, players always did irish whips because they cannot get into grappling tie-ups, because they would lose. So they resort to irish whips, pickup, groggy, rinse and repeat. And for their CAWs they max their GRP out to 100 so they would win all tie-ups, which itself is half assed because the window for that was hilariously large too. You can grapple Big Show or Kane, but they can do it a second later and it'll be simultaneous despite you hitting the button first.

Top Bottom