• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I will admit he looks the best in his wrestling tights. Not gonna lie.

It helps that it looks very close to male briefs, too. He would be the perfect figurehead if the WWE wants to (for once in their lives) not make homosexuality a goddamn joke.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We can lament that wrestlers and writers don't have 'it' all day these days, and I think it's true to degree, but a big part of it is that the magic's gone. The idea of knowing how real it is, of knowing who's in the doghouse. It just takes the fun out of it.

I mean, during the match, Hansen is working Jumbo for the start. Jumbo finally reverses it and causes Hansen to run into the turnbuckle on the outside, and the crowd fucking flips. Then Jumbo goes back into the ring and they flip again so he won't get counted out. Then he goes BACK out and they flip again to see him get after Hansen.

Obviously we're dealing in extremes here. You've got the most popular gaijin in the history of puro and the most beloved Japanese wrestler of all time, but it's still crazy to see the pops. Which is funny when people say Japanese fans are just quiet and clap. Not if you're watching a good feud.

strobogo

Banned
I'm not a fan of the Daniel Bryan is the weak link gimmick the WWE is doing right now. He should be protected better because of how over he and not try to weaken it with him losing matches to get over this stupid storyline.

Eh. I think he's the weak link only in the sense that Kane is his partner, and Kane losing regularly harms him a lot more than D-Brine losing regularly. Dragon can job every week for a year at this point and he'd be just as over. Kane jobbing every week makes him and his big monster gimmick look like a joke.

Originally Posted by Sunflower:
Aw SHIT I am so watching this.

Also why the fuck have the WWE not gone forward with a Cody Rhodes Gay Icon character for him yet? He's perfect for it.

Why Cody when Justin Gabriel is on the roster?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why Cody when Justin Gabriel is on the roster?

I know a thing or two about "The Gay" and let me tell you, excepting that verrrrry questionable and appealing underwear ad that Gabriel was in, Cody is definitely primed to be the gay icon the WWE needs.

Jitters

Q7ptp.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats Jitters! Now you've joined the club a few of us are members of. How's it feel?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why do you guys get excited when a wrestler retweets you? It's not like they're celebrities or anything.

Bro, it was DAVE BATISTA. He said I had the quote of the day!

strobogo

Banned
We can lament that wrestlers and writers don't have 'it' all day these days, and I think it's true to degree, but a big part of it is that the magic's gone. The idea of knowing how real it is, of knowing who's in the doghouse. It just takes the fun out of it.

Pro wrestling has been openly acknowledged as worked since the 80s in the US. Dirtsheets have been around since then. Wrestling still exploded in the 80s. Dirtsheets were massively expanded with the internet in the 90s when Vince went on TV and outright said the shit was rigged and he wasn't going to insult your intelligence anymore. Wrestling still exploded in the 90s. Nothing is really different now besides Twitter. It's just a genre of entertainment that goes in cycles. Not unlike certain types of music and certain genres of movies.

SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.
Vince booked Punk vs Ryback vs John Cena for the WWE Championship at Survivor Series. Also, Brad Maddox challenged Ryback to a match next week and, if he wins, he'll get a million dollar contract.

What is this

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pro wrestling has been openly acknowledged as worked since the 80s in the US. Dirtsheets have been around since then. Wrestling still exploded in the 80s. Dirtsheets were massively expanded with the internet in the 90s when Vince went on TV and outright said the shit was rigged and he wasn't going to insult your intelligence anymore. Wrestling still exploded in the 90s. Nothing is really different now besides Twitter. It's just a genre of entertainment that goes in cycles. Not unlike certain types of music and certain genres of movies.

It's always existed, but you had to go out of your way to find it. They still had 'behind the mat' style shows on tv in the 90s, but nowadays.. You google your favorite wrestler and it's over. You know everything about them and who they actually are.

strobogo

Banned
That's not true at all, because I was searching dudes and numerous dirtsheet styled websites back in 1999. I knew all the inner workings and who was in the dog house, who was going to get a push. In fact, the first thing I did when I got the internet was find some of those sites. I knew the finish to the WM 12 Iron Man match a week in advance as like an 8 year old or something.

BlazinAm

SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.
Vince booked Punk vs Ryback vs John Cena for the WWE Championship at Survivor Series. Also, Brad Maddox challenged Ryback to a match next week and, if he wins, he'll get a million dollar contract.

What is this

What?

What the hell is going on?
Cena vs Ziggler would have been fine enough I also don't get what is the point of the Cena/AJ/Vickie thing

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's not true at all, because I was searching dudes and numerous dirtsheet styled websites back in 1999. I knew all the inner workings and who was in the dog house, who was going to get a push. In fact, the first thing I did when I got the internet was find some of those sites. I knew the finish to the WM 12 Iron Man match a week in advance as like an 8 year old or something.

I used to visit lordsofpain.net in 1999 and read Mr. Tito's Phat Daily Column.

Hoarr

Neo Member
WWE has an official tumblr page now.

http://wwe.tumblr.com/

As someone who's had a wrestling tumblr for years now, I don't know what to think about this. I mean, it was inevitable, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE pressured Tumblr about copyright violations on DropToeHold.com and EVERY other site on that platform.

I've had SONY request songs to be taken down from my main website which lead to several emails from Tumblr that stated that they removed the content in question from my page. I wonder if the WWE will do the same now.

somedevil

uhhh what about Team Punk vs Team Foley?

It's been
changed to Team Ziggler vs Team Orton at SS. Its' now Orton, Hell No, Kofi and ? vs Ziggler, Rhode Scholars, Barrett and Del Rio. The main event is a 3-way with Punk vs Cena vs Ryback.

Rest of the card seems to be R-Truth vs Cesaro, Sheamus vs Big Show, and maybe Cara and Rey vs Prime time players.

somedevil

Final Raw Spoilers:

The Miz quit Team Punk in a backstage segment with Paul Heyman.

1. Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara and R-Truth def. Antonio Cesaro, Darren Young and Titus O'Neil

Vickie Guerrero and John Cena in-ring segment, with new footage of AJ and Cena. After showing the footage, AJ appears on-screen and threatens Vickie, but walks away when Dolph shows up. Cena chases after her.

Heyman asked Wade Barrett to join team Punk. Barrett accepted under a condition that was inaudible.

2. Cody Rhodes def. Daniel Bryan

3. Kane def. Damien Sandow

Brad Maddox comes out to explain his actions, but is interrupted by Vince McMahon. After mentioning that he always wanted to be a WWE Superstar, Vince gives him a WWE contract match for next week against Ryback. Vince brings out Vickie, who announces CM Punk vs. Ryback vs. John Cena for the WWE Title at Survivor Series. No word on whether the 10-man tag match would still go ahead.

4. Sheamus def. The Miz

Vickie came out of Vince's office and told Dolph Ziggler that he is now captain of Punk's Survivor Series team. Punk walked up to them and said Vince was just screwing with him. Vickie booked the two of them against Ryback and Cena in the main event.

William Regal and Sheamus appeared backstage, but Regal got such a reaction that the promo was inaudible by sources.

5. Kaitlyn & Layla def. Eve & Aksana

6. Kofi Kingston def. Alberto Del Rio

7. Santino Marella & Zack Ryder def. Primo & Epico

8. Wade Barrett def. Brodus Clay

9. Heath Slater (with Jinder Mahal) def. Jey Uso (with Jimmy).

10. Ryback & John Cena def. CM Punk & Dolph Ziggler and match ends with Ryback and Cena staring each other down.

I like how CrankyVince is a credible source.

It's mind blowing/a little sad that Twitter is actually one of the more reliable ways to get breaking news if you're willing to filter through a bunch of crap.

Edit: I forgot that WWE is overseas. I thought I was reading fake/joke spoilers. Funny how hard it is to tell.

Brinbe

Final Raw Spoilers:

The Miz quit Team Punk in a backstage segment with Paul Heyman.

1. Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara and R-Truth def. Antonio Cesaro, Darren Young and Titus O'Neil

Vickie Guerrero and John Cena in-ring segment, with new footage of AJ and Cena. After showing the footage, AJ appears on-screen and threatens Vickie, but walks away when Dolph shows up. Cena chases after her.

Heyman asked Wade Barrett to join team Punk. Barrett accepted under a condition that was inaudible.

2. Cody Rhodes def. Daniel Bryan

3. Kane def. Damien Sandow

Brad Maddox comes out to explain his actions, but is interrupted by Vince McMahon. After mentioning that he always wanted to be a WWE Superstar, Vince gives him a WWE contract match for next week against Ryback. Vince brings out Vickie, who announces CM Punk vs. Ryback vs. John Cena for the WWE Title at Survivor Series. No word on whether the 10-man tag match would still go ahead.

4. Sheamus def. The Miz

Vickie came out of Vince's office and told Dolph Ziggler that he is now captain of Punk's Survivor Series team. Punk walked up to them and said Vince was just screwing with him. Vickie booked the two of them against Ryback and Cena in the main event.

William Regal and Sheamus appeared backstage, but Regal got such a reaction that the promo was inaudible by sources.

5. Kaitlyn & Layla def. Eve & Aksana

6. Kofi Kingston def. Alberto Del Rio

7. Santino Marella & Zack Ryder def. Primo & Epico

8. Wade Barrett def. Brodus Clay

9. Heath Slater (with Jinder Mahal) def. Jey Uso (with Jimmy).

10. Ryback & John Cena def. CM Punk & Dolph Ziggler and match ends with Ryback and Cena staring each other down.
Craptacular.

strobogo

Banned
If we're talking about gay wrestling icons...where does Darren Young land on that list. Because, I gotta say, Mr. Nose Days Off seems a little more on the flamboyant side compared to Cody.

BlazinAm

Crazy that they didn't have Wade Barrett versus William regal, that would have been a crazy hot match for the crowd and would have shown a unique style that the wwe needs badly.

Top Bottom