• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Final Raw Spoilers:

6. Kofi Kingston def. Alberto Del Rio

I'm genuinely surprised, the ADR armbar has fallen even further, between Kofi's recent wins and Ryback's current role maybe WWE are actually trying to make some more higher card face wrasslers, lord knows they need them.

Also what a waste of Wade Barrett in the UK

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Final Raw Spoilers:

The Miz quit Team Punk in a backstage segment with Paul Heyman.

1. Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara and R-Truth def. Antonio Cesaro, Darren Young and Titus O'Neil

Vickie Guerrero and John Cena in-ring segment, with new footage of AJ and Cena. After showing the footage, AJ appears on-screen and threatens Vickie, but walks away when Dolph shows up. Cena chases after her.

Heyman asked Wade Barrett to join team Punk. Barrett accepted under a condition that was inaudible.

2. Cody Rhodes def. Daniel Bryan

3. Kane def. Damien Sandow

Brad Maddox comes out to explain his actions, but is interrupted by Vince McMahon. After mentioning that he always wanted to be a WWE Superstar, Vince gives him a WWE contract match for next week against Ryback. Vince brings out Vickie, who announces CM Punk vs. Ryback vs. John Cena for the WWE Title at Survivor Series. No word on whether the 10-man tag match would still go ahead.

4. Sheamus def. The Miz

Vickie came out of Vince's office and told Dolph Ziggler that he is now captain of Punk's Survivor Series team. Punk walked up to them and said Vince was just screwing with him. Vickie booked the two of them against Ryback and Cena in the main event.

William Regal and Sheamus appeared backstage, but Regal got such a reaction that the promo was inaudible by sources.

5. Kaitlyn & Layla def. Eve & Aksana

6. Kofi Kingston def. Alberto Del Rio

7. Santino Marella & Zack Ryder def. Primo & Epico

8. Wade Barrett def. Brodus Clay

9. Heath Slater (with Jinder Mahal) def. Jey Uso (with Jimmy).

10. Ryback & John Cena def. CM Punk & Dolph Ziggler and match ends with Ryback and Cena staring each other down.

Yep that sounds like an episode of Raw.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I'm genuinely surprised, the ADR armbar has fallen even further, between Kofi's recent wins and Ryback's current role maybe WWE are actually trying to make some more higher card face wrasslers, lord knows they need them.

Also what a waste of Wade Barrett in the UK

He only beat him because
RKO
came out and distracted
ADR

SHarris78

Thought raw was great, but only because I there actually there, I can imagine it being pretty boring just watching it on tv though.

Vicky, vince and punk the biggest pops, discounting the home love for Barrett.

somedevil

Its wrestlegafs favorite wrestling radio show.

http://fightnetwork.com/news/34485:nov.-4-edition-of-the-law-w-les-thatcher/

Apparently the crowd were sitting on their hands most of Raw.

Where did you hear that? Here is somebody's review of the show who gave all the spoilers.

Final verdict from Rob McNichol:

'Fun Raw taping. I think the middle 90 minutes will seriously drag, though. Newsworthy show with ramifications for Survivor Series, though'

Also, extra spoiler:

C.M. Punk emerged to a major babyface reaction. No dressing it up. Huge cheers, arms raised. There are yellow shirts everywhere. Punk speaks: he defeated the undefeatable and undefeated Ryback. He said he resents accusations that Brad Maddox was on Punk/Heyman payroll. Vince is carrying on a Survivor Series tradition by screwing his most talented performer. At Survivor Series, he says, he will celebrate 364 days as champ. He's the best in the world.

strobogo

Banned
Which feud is more boring:

ADR vs Sheamus or ADR vs Randy Orton? ADR has great in ring chemistry with both, yet both feuds having been some of the most dull, uninspired, lifeless shit.

Aiii

So not worth it
UK generally has great crowds. Though perhaps a bit to smarky sometimes. That's okay though for one night.

Woohoo, only two more days till my first ever live wrestling event. Very excited.

strobogo

Banned
He's so embarassed to be a pro wrestler. Something happened to him around this time last year where his will completely vanished. At least 80% of the time he looks like he wants to be anywhere but near a wrestling ring.

Also, wtf was with Randy on Smackdown last week? First dumping a fucking cauldron of hot coffee on Ricardo, which doesn't seem PG at all, considering Ricardo screaming in pain and likely having some serious burns over his face/neck/hands. But then he glibly dumps a pot of hot chili on him, just for fun. BA*. Would have been fine if it was a cake or pie or something humorous. And the coffee was an accident and was aimed for ADR (but still, PG?). But the pot of chili was strictly for fun, just to be a dick. That's even past Sheamus and Cena levels of Superdickery.

EDIT: LOL at JBL saying "this is where the big boys play". Completely unintentional, I'm sure, but hilarious considering how much WWE is turning into WCW. He also was asked point blank if Justin Gabriel is a future WWE Champion, to which he had to stammer around saying something like "no fucking way". And not more than 2 minutes later he directly compares Gabriel to HBK.

Aiii

So not worth it
Rumor has it he's in line for a heel turn.

Then again, dirtsheets lol, he's also in line for a run with Ziggler for the WHC.

----

Oh joy:
WWE is proud to present its latest tag team partner in the social media universe: Tumblr. Starting today, head over to wwe.tumblr.com to peep “Parts Unknown” — a site curated with the motto “Wrestling Is Awesome.” So whether you’re one of the most discerning, next-level members of the WWE Universe, or a newb looking to learn about WWE’s past and present, “Parts Unknown” definitely has something for you. On WWE’s Tumblr page, you’ll be able to enjoy hilarious GIFs, never-before-seen classic WWE photos, the most informative infographics, insider insight from the Superstars and Divas, a sneak peek at the daily goings-on inside Titan Tower and more than a few surprises that will keep you checking in every day. So now that you know the way to “Parts Unknown” — wwe.tumblr.com — we hope you stop by and stay for a while.

Ithil

He's so embarassed to be a pro wrestler. Something happened to him around this time last year where his will completely vanished. At least 80% of the time he looks like he wants to be anywhere but near a wrestling ring.

Also, wtf was with Randy on Smackdown last week? First dumping a fucking cauldron of hot coffee on Ricardo, which doesn't seem PG at all, considering Ricardo screaming in pain and likely having some serious burns over his face/neck/hands. But then he glibly dumps a pot of hot chili on him, just for fun. BA*. Would have been fine if it was a cake or pie or something humorous. And the coffee was an accident and was aimed for ADR (but still, PG?). But the pot of chili was strictly for fun, just to be a dick. That's even past Sheamus and Cena levels of Superdickery.

EDIT: LOL at JBL saying "this is where the big boys play". Completely unintentional, I'm sure, but hilarious considering how much WWE is turning into WCW. He also was asked point blank if Justin Gabriel is a future WWE Champion, to which he had to stammer around saying something like "no fucking way". And not more than 2 minutes later he directly compares Gabriel to HBK.

They've at least never pretended that Orton is any kind of stand up guy as a face, just a psycho who luckily targets the bad guys mostly.

Aiii

So not worth it
Some of that actually sounds kind of cool, but I'm not looking forward to seeing what WWE corporate thinks a hilarious GIF is.

This one is gold though:
tumblr_mcb1vyoEc91rhly2xo1_500.jpg

Who else has AJ fraternized with?

strobogo

Banned
They've at least never pretended that Orton is any kind of stand up guy as a face, just a psycho who luckily targets the bad guys mostly.

I guess not, but that all seemed way over the line for a top babyface in this era. And I think Orton is in the same boat as Cena, in that a heel turn would make them more over as faces.

Oh shit. That's it. That's why the faces are such dicks. The crowds keep cheering for all the heels, effectively making them the faces. So the actual faces have to do all the heel shit. Hence Cena/Sheamus/Orton being collossal pricks. They actually ARE the heels.

Hoarr

Neo Member
Some of that actually sounds kind of cool, but I'm not looking forward to seeing what WWE corporate thinks a hilarious GIF is.

Not really corporate WWE but most likely lackeys who work at WWE magazine given the content they've uploaded so far. I do applaud them for being the fourth person on Tumblr to ever bring up Berzerker though.

I seriously hope that they don't go after the other sites for copyright infringement.

RBH

I still hold firm to the belief that ADR losing at WM 27 killed his momentum on the spot, and the effects of that are still being felt to this day through his general apathy.

Aiii

So not worth it
You mean the googly eyes right?

Heh, *melts*

Though, wouldn't it be awesome if they reveal she hooked up with the Spirit Squad and that's how she and Dolph became an item. Awesome face turn for WHC Ziggler.

That way Orton can still turn heel and work a program with the guy. :lol:

BlazinAm

I still hold firm to the belief that ADR losing at WM 27 killed his momentum on the spot, and the effects of that are still being felt to this day through his general apathy.

Him getting injured as well as him being booked to face Sheamus excessively and then having three of those matches canceled killed him more.

But yeah WM27 hurt him but man he set to face Sheamus from Extreme rules, sucks for him.

Ziggler and Orton happened so many times in the past two months.

The only thing "fresh" is Sheamus/ Orton.....

I still think that a Del Rio/Bryan feud is something that could draw money.... Mexican moneybags versus a Vegan Farmer.

Aiii

So not worth it
- A new episode of The Legends of Wrestling premieres this Thursday on WWE Classics On Demand with Jim Ross, Pat Patterson, Michael Hayes and ‘The Road Dogg’ Brian James joining host Gene Okerlund for a no-holds-barred discussion and a special look at “The History Of Monday Night Raw.”

love these.

Top Bottom