• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Aiii

So not worth it
Cesaro is just nuts. They're building him up the way Ryback should have been built up, except Ryback is a lot more boring than Antonio.

Not really much you can do there. Cesaro is a selfmade wrestler, he got over on his own long before he came to WWE.

Skip Sheffield is a product of WWE development, 1-dimensional and even though he's enjoyable for a little while, he'll soon revert to lower-midcard status.

Also there's the little matter of Ryback being all showmuscle and Cesaro actually being a strong wrestler.

McNei1y

What the fuck?

I'm referring to the people Cesaro was facing in WWE before he got the title. I think Cesaro has always been a fantastic wrestler. He is amazing in ring. But he can't carry the match all by himself when he's facing bottom talent.

Last night he looked like a champ, though, because Sheamus is pretty good in ring.

Hey, fellow puroresu fans, you can pre-order this next month:

28065-header2.jpg

Yes, it's a real thing and it made my morning. Like I said in my post, if they made another set of Chono/Mutoh/Tiger Mask, that would be awesome, but we'll have to see if this is just a one-off.

Striker

I'm referring to the people Cesaro was facing in WWE before he got the title. I think Cesaro has always been a fantastic wrestler. He is amazing in ring. But he can't carry the match all by himself when he's facing bottom talent.

Last night he looked like a champ, though, because Sheamus is pretty good in ring.
What's bottom talent? He had great stuff with Kidd and Gabriel too. The stuff with Brodus won't be much, but that's no slight to Cesaro. Brodus just cannot do anything.

McNei1y

What's bottom talent? He had great stuff with Kidd and Gabriel too. The stuff with Brodus won't be much, but that's no slight to Cesaro. Brodus just cannot do anything.

Kidd and Gabriel are great, don't get me wrong. But he should've started near the top... but I know that's not how it works. Brodus can't do jack, working with Santino and Zack Ryder didn't do much either. Nor did the other random matches they put him in. I don't mind the feud with R-Truth right now though. I just hope they have something big in store for him. Same with Wade Barrett. I know everyone can't compete for the WHC or WWE title but having fatal four ways or #1 contender matches don't hurt.

Ithil

Kidd and Gabriel are great, don't get me wrong. But he should've started near the top... but I know that's not how it works. Brodus can't do jack, working with Santino and Zack Ryder didn't do much either. Nor did the other random matches they put him in. I don't mind the feud with R-Truth right now though. I just hope they have something big in store for him. Same with Wade Barrett. I know everyone can't compete for the WHC or WWE title but having fatal four ways or #1 contender matches don't hurt.

He had a good match with Ryder, probably the best Ryder's had since TLC last year.

McNei1y

He had a good match with Ryder, probably the best Ryder's had since TLC last year.

Really? I just remembered they faced each other. I don't remember the match though. I'll have to look it up.

Edit: right, I don't remember it because it was NOC. lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hey, fellow puroresu fans, you can pre-order this next month:

Yes, it's a real thing and it made my morning. Like I said in my post, if they made another set of Chono/Mutoh/Tiger Mask, that would be awesome, but we'll have to see if this is just a one-off.

Shouldn't it be Chono/Muta/Hashimoto? Three musketeers.
Liger/Tiger Mask/Sasuke
Nakamura/Naito/Okada
Misawa/Kawada/Kobashi

Are these going to be on amiami? I'd hate to have to dig up my old paypal account just to waste money on these, but I need Tenzan.

His matches with Brodus is some of my favourite Brodus work because Cesaro can legitimately out-muscle bigger dudes. But yeah, I thought you were throwing shade at the likes of Kidd and Gabriel which is not okay.

Ithil

http://youtu.be/ZiDAOPhOicw

Backstage Fallout for RAW has a good promo from Ziggler, and a good bit from PTP.

It's incredible how they've changed AJ from a timid, naive woman, to an entertaining nutcase, to a smarmy moron.

They have no clue how make likeable faces these days. Or maybe it's the residual "GM Role Disease" coupled with proximity to Cena that's causing it.

Aiii

So not worth it

Aiii

So not worth it
Damn, I'd forgotten just how badly they'd fucked her character over. She's a likeable crazy girl, there, she's just a hyped up version of AJ in real life. Now she's played as a completely sane and smug idiot.

SMH, Creative.

It's like they forgot that faces are supposed to be people you like.

You are right, someone should tell them.
captureile.png

They love Community feedback right?

Ithil

Get her away from Cena and put her with Hell No. She actually had chemistry with those two.

But mainly, for the love of fuck let her wrestle. She's been out of the terrible GM role for over a month and has had ONE match on TV.

Carnby

I don't see WWE putting the belt on The Rock. He can't commit to house show appearances or every Raw. Punk gaining a win over Rock would solidify his reign, and they can always think of another way to have Cena/Rock 2.

Raw was ok in parts but the decision to job Titus out was pointless, he's looked good in and out of the ring recently and they feed him to Roidback who kicks out of his finisher at 1

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm telling you guys, her character fell apart when Kane left that angle earlier in the year.

Get her away from Cena and put her with Hell No. She actually had chemistry with those two.

But mainly, for the love of fuck let her wrestle. She's been out of the terrible GM role for over a month and has had ONE match on TV.
Yup. Her best moments have come with Bryan, and also with Kane. Just let them be a stable, with AJ going for the Divas title.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Win8 is pretty horrible but I'm gonna 400/400 Minesweeper.

Anyone on 360 with WWE13 want to test if a GWF story will play in its entirety on their 360?

Kacho

Raw was ok in parts but the decision to job Titus out was pointless, he's looked good in and out of the ring recently and they feed him to Roidback who kicks out of his finisher at 1

I was happy to see Titus get some offense in. He didn't look completely weak, I thought.

Also, loving the power of his moves in the ring. His wrestling style is real chunky and there is a lot of oomph to his moves. I really, really hope the WWE use him properly.

McNei1y

His matches with Brodus is some of my favourite Brodus work because Cesaro can legitimately out-muscle bigger dudes. But yeah, I thought you were throwing shade at the likes of Kidd and Gabriel which is not okay.

Yeah. I choose my words poorly there.

The only thing Brodus had going for him was getting picked up by Cesaro. It was excellent.

I thought Titus put on a good match there. It sucks to know that he was going to lose once Ryback came out... but he still performed very well. I think he could be great as a single... I hope they're smart.

True enough that him getting some offence in was better than I expected but I don't think anyone should be kicking out of finishers barely after a one count it just looks silly

Titus has a good future if they handle him right - sadly that means in reality he doesn't have a good future

Titus has a ton of personality, I think that when he gets a good "star making" moment he'll make the break away from Mr. Nose Day Off pretty well. Also he sounds like a genuinely awesome dude:
Over the 2011 Christmas holiday weekend, Bullard gave out over 800 gifts to underprivileged children near his home in Tampa, Florida. In late February 2012, Bullard was named the Grand Chairman of the Knitting Circle in Tampa.

McNei1y

True enough that him getting some offence in was better than I expected but I don't think anyone should be kicking out of finishers barely after a one count it just looks silly

Titus has a good future if they handle him right - sadly that means in reality he doesn't have a good future

:lol wwe in your house!

As for the breaking out on one count, it took Titus like four seconds to cover Ryback properly. Not that it matters since they know when to break out, but I was wondering if he would've broke out at two if Titus covered him quickly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Titus is probably in my fave five WWE right now.

He's got the look of a singles star in the future too(Though do NOT break up PTP anytime soon)

Omega

Banned
Why did they destroy AJ? I used to like her but I can't stand her anymore. I remember awhile back someone said anyone who gets over, they shove Cena into it somehow in order to bury them.

They tried/trying it with Ryback and have killed off any hype AJ had.

Also, is that intro shit permanent? (The TMZ ripoff) I haven't watched the last 3-4 RAWs but that thing was beyond awful.

Top Bottom