• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

strobogo

Banned
I don't see WWE putting the belt on The Rock. He can't commit to house show appearances or every Raw. Punk gaining a win over Rock would solidify his reign, and they can always think of another way to have Cena/Rock 2.

I don't know why people still think a championship being on the house show cards matters. As long as Cena/Punk/Sheamus or whoever the stars are at the time, the title being defended doesn't matter at all.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I honestly have to say, outside of Hell No, I love Titus the most (and Darren too, honestly). Forget Shield, I hope PTP get a chance to shine.

Aiii

So not worth it
Good job Aiii

now Vince is going to shut us all down.

At least I'm proactively voicing our concerns. I can't believe they're turning one of their breakout stars into a bland-as-fuck face, that still isn't allowed to wrestle mind you, for nobody's benefit.

Hell, it's not just us either. Ever reviewer out there hates how they are booking her. Same thing on Tumblr and wherever the WWE converses. So far, the only place I see support for the pairing of AJ and Cena is on the wwe.com and official YouTube videos.

In short, totally worth it.

Kaladin

We already know WWE reads this forum with the Punk/Bryan/Kane/AJ storyline and the creation of Team Hell No. We practically booked those storylines.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
ibhllLbFPRVP66.gif

One funny thing about Titus is he actually totally forgets how to cover people a lot of the time it's hilarious to see him rolling around trying to remember which leg to hook

Always liked him since his make it a win moment but if he makes it beyond the level he is now Its nothing short of amazing seeing as he was a joke after that catchphrase, tweeting a pick of his wang and nearly knocking himself out on the keg carry

Always used to tweet nice positive stuff as well

Kaladin

Another problem I see with Sheamus is his finisher. The Brogue kick would be great if it wasn't always the end of the match or if he sometimes showed fatigue or problems with hitting the brogue kick because of things that happened in the match.....but when you have a match like last night and Sheamus is getting dominated most of the match and suddenly hits a brogue kick which knocks out his opponent for a ten count it's a little unbalanced.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Another problem I see with Sheamus is his finisher. The Brogue kick would be great if it wasn't always the end of the match or if he sometimes showed fatigue or problems with hitting the brogue kick because of things that happened in the match.....but when you have a match like last night and Sheamus is getting dominated most of the match and suddenly hits a brogue kick which knocks out his opponent for a ten count it's a little unbalanced.

Isn't that a problem with 90% of wrestling? They can do their finisher out of nowhere and all of a sudden it's OMGWIN?

same could be said for orton as well.

strobogo

Banned
The only guy I remember ever kicking out of it once it became his actual finisher was Bret. Face HBK from 1995-the Kurt Angle feud had no one kick out of SCM. Bret at WM 12 is the only guy I can think of that kicked out of it before Angle killed the move (like everyone's move).

strobogo

Banned
That's right. Actually, he even had his arms up and tucked in so no one could touch him. Hulk was the original heel pretending to be a face.

Aiii

So not worth it
Worst: Hornswoggle Has No Idea How Jokes Or Women Work

Rosa Mendes approached Hornswoggle backstage. She was mad at him because he came down to the ring to interrupt the Khali vs. Prepico handicap match, offered her flowers and a kiss for no reason, then squirted her in the face with water and ran away when she was polite to him about it. His response was:

1. It was just a joke! Lighten up!
2. Nobody would ever really want to kiss you or give you flowers.

What a creep, right? Addressing number one, jokes aren’t just a thing you do, they have context. Even non-jokes (like when Chavo Guerrero gets hit in the head with a paint can and Macaulay Culkin magically appears) or gags without formal punchlines have a context of absurdity. All you did was interrupt something, pretend to be nice to a person and splash them in the face with water. That’s not a joke. That’s you being an asshole.

Addressing number two … really? Putting aside how UNBELIEVABLY misogynistic and hurtful of an excuse that is, I am pretty sure lots and lots of people would want to kiss Rosa Mendes and give her flowers. Even Jerry Lawler was all, “uhhh hey Hornswoggle that’s pretty stupid” during the follow-up match. WWE, listen, seriously, there has GOT to be a better way to get fictional characters mad at each other than by having them tell each other they’re worthless.

The shorter point here is “f**k you, Hornswoggle”.

Read more: http://withleather.uproxx.com/2012/11/the-best-and-worst-of-wwe-raw-112612/2#ixzz2DSmlyUhM

Nothing to add rally.

Nothing to add rally.

Best: Punk/Ryback At TLC Could Be The New Raven/Stevie/Pitbulls

This might be my optimistic bone talking, but I think Punk versus Ryback at TLC could be great. Hear me out.

One thing WWE is great at, but hasn’t done a lot, is the championship clusterf**k. A great example of this is that Stone Cold Steve Austin versus Dude Love match where Vince and the Stooges kept changing the rules that has been copied and diluted for years. Another is TLC 2, when Rhino, Spike Dudley and Lita all got involved on behalf of their teams. It’s sorta what makes Royal Rumbles so fun … a WWE clusterf**k manages to involve way too many people doing way too many things, but always meanders back around to the point. The king of this kind of match, as mentioned in the bold, is Raven and Stevie Richards versus The Pitbulls for the ECW tag team titles. Too many people doing too many things, but it all comes together and gels and works. Wrestling is batshit, and you shouldn’t be afraid to, at least from time to time, let the bat shit.

Punk’s facing Ryback in a TLC match, which they say means “tables, ladders and chairs are legal!” but effectively means anything goes. Unless something crazy happens in the next three weeks, that means The Shield will get involved (especially if the “injustice” of John Cena being added to the match happens, as I assume it will). That means you could involve people who have been wronged by The Shield to fight them off — Bryan, Kane, even Tyson Kidd and Santino. Hell, throw AJ and Ziggler in there if you have Cena involved. Then you’ve got a ton of guys out there throwing each other through whatever hell they can construct, and what better way for Punk to sneak out the victory? Dude’s got to hand that belt over to Rocky in January on a silver platter, at least let him go out in a blaze of glory.

That actually sounds like it could be super fun... fucking wrestling fans selling me on PPVs

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
HAHA IT'S THAT GUY

HAHA IT'S THAT GUY

its like the shittiest episode of Family Guy which turns out to somehow be worse than Raw every week.

IT'S GHOST NAPPA AREN'T ABRIDGED SERIES HILARIOUS?? HAHAHA

Laserfrog

Aint a patch on the GWF. I like seeing WrestleGaffers in video game form and Sunflower's storylines, not random video game characters. There's no jazz or classical music playing either, the two musics that go with wrestling. It's scientific fact, look it up.

Aiii

So not worth it
Best and Worst reminds me.

Worst: Jerry Lawler

I don’t need to spend another eight paragraphs complaining about Zack Ryder (Ghostbuster kneepads are not going to make up for you being the least cool person in the history of wrestling, Ryder, right now you are less cool than the velour-pants Bashams or either one of The Dicks), so I’ll instead devote 20-30 paragraphs to Jerry Lawler hearing Latin for the first time in his 62-year life and responding to it like Homer Simpson hearing Krusty the Klown speaking Hebrew at the dinner table.

If I hear another “COOBITOE? COOBITOE?” before I am permanently dead in the ground, it’ll be too soon. The worst part isn’t that Lawler is an ignorance-enabling old xenophobe who encourages everyone around him to be a stupid, racist moron, it’s that he has apparently never paid attention to a Damien Sandow match before. He was all, “heh, he’s got another name for everything!” Yes, Jerry, another name that Michael Cole EXPLAINS IN EVERY SINGLE MATCH. How many times at this point has Cole said “he calls that TERMINUS!” or goddamn “Cubito Aequet, that means The Elbow Of Disdain”? 50? What’s Lawler been doing during all these explanations? He couldn’t have missed all of them. His job is to WATCH THE WRESTLING SHOW and LISTEN TO WHAT THE OTHER GUY AT THE TABLE WITH HIM SAYS ABOUT THE WRESTLING.

I spoke with Casey about this earlier today, and I think we need to realize that if we detach Lawler from all the stuff we usually hate about him — the old-timey views on race and gender, the bad jokes, and so on — he’s still a f**king terrible wrestling announcer. I wish he’d just pleasantly accept a Legends contract, go make wavy appearances at Memphis-related sporting events and stop professionally talking about people who were born after 1949. Or f**k, at least pay attention once in a while.

Read more: http://withleather.uproxx.com/2012/11/the-best-and-worst-of-wwe-raw-112612/5#ixzz2DSqKYyU5

Lawler was fucking full mode awful last night. He was okayish on the first two Raw's back, but last night he was full on old school racist annoying ass pre-heart attack Lawler. Made me damn near wish him another one just so he could get off of my television. The worst part was the goat imitation before AND after the commercial during Bryan's match. Seriously, he was great in the past and he's alegend and all, but Lawler has no business on weekly tv calling matches anymore, he's obnoxious, racist, sexist and everything a person cannot be anymore in 2012. Call the match, make good jokes or don't be on commentary.

Top Bottom