• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Laserfrog

Don't you go swearing at me.

Oh! A new page!
tumblr_mdv2wrBMxi1rlyfnto1_400.jpg

That's not how we spell whisky in the commonwealth sir. You've just exposed yourself as a phony, I'll bet you don't even own a double decker bus and a red telephone booth.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know who I miss?
UmagagifMultipleSamoanSpike.gif

Uuuuuuuuuuuuumaga. He was probably one of my favorite monsters, and I really wanted to see them go somewhere when he turned face.

Cena is main eventing Main Event tonight

get hype

Since Cena is the main event why isn't the show just called WWE Cena?
It's about time he got a show named after him, perhaps they can change Smackdown to WWE Rise Above Ratings.

And we all miss Umaga, he's part of Cena's best match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe that dumb video game WWE13 stream is going every night. That must get boring. No real stories, either.

"GWF Week 3 will have as much text as a major Hollywood film's script!"

The Bear

Dragon Gate is the best promotion out there right now, people. Get on board!
It's the one I follow the most. I've enjoyed the PWG I've seen as well. The limited shows each does a year certainly helps their quality.

I'm anxiously awaiting info on the DGUSA January tour. There's rumors it'll be west coast to line up with the Rumble. Maybe they can run with PWG as well that weekend. Would be a year from KRR3.

Alucard

Banned
It's the one I follow the most. I've enjoyed the PWG I've seen as well. The limited shows each does a year certainly helps their quality.

I'm anxiously awaiting info on the DGUSA January tour. There's rumors it'll be west coast to line up with the Rumble. Maybe they can run with PWG as well that weekend. Would be a year from KRR3.

I'm still waiting for DGUSA's return to Canada. :(

I love how they only do a show or two every 2 months or so. Makes it much easier to keep track of things.

Alucard

Banned
I'd love a Christmas avatar as well. :)

It can even be of a wrestler if Daredevil is too difficult.
Jericho, Bret Hart, Daniel Bryan, Mr. Perfect, El Generico, or Naruki Doi would do!

strobogo

Banned
Umaga was fantastic, and more over than Joe during Joe's peak in TNA. May Umaga RIP.

My man. For all our differences about Kane, we seem to agree an an awful lot. YouManga was fucking awesome. The best monster probably since the 80s. I can't think of a 90s monster guy as awesome as him. Imagine the Headshrinkers, but combined in to one giant dude. His last 6 months-year were a bit of a let down, mostly due to weird booking where he went from dominating Cena and HHH to jobbing to them in 5 minute Raw matches. That's kind of the arc of most monsters, I guess. Just accelerated in the modern era.

But then he all the sudden is talking, and it is all about respect. Idk. That feud with Punk was odd.

Umaga was a great wrestler sidled with an awful gimmick. Three Minute Warning was pretty cool at first.

Armando Estrada was one of the best characters they've ever had.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
My man. For all our differences about Kane, we seem to agree an an awful lot. YouManga was fucking awesome. The best monster probably since the 80s. I can't think of a 90s monster guy as awesome as him. Imagine the Headshrinkers, but combined in to one giant dude. His last 6 months-year were a bit of a let down, mostly due to weird booking where he went from dominating Cena and HHH to jobbing to them in 5 minute Raw matches. That's kind of the arc of most monsters, I guess. Just accelerated in the modern era.

But then he all the sudden is talking, and it is all about respect. Idk. That feud with Punk was odd.
Well, Kane was Umaga's first real one on one feud, and Kane putting Umaga over really pushed him to the next level. They managed to have some great brawls in 2006, but Kane was "phoning it in" then, so I guess they could have been better. ;)

The thing I liked about Umaga was that they stuck with him. His debut was lackluster, and he could barely generate any interest for a while. However, they refined his look and character, and made him interesting. His face turn was something the crowd was begging for, because they were dying to cheer for him. He was also a great wrestler, and he and Cena put on some great matches together. What brought him down, however, were his own personal demons. The WWE gave him time to try to deal with it, and tried to send him a message by ending his push. However, they eventually released him, due to them, and he died shortly thereafter. He was the closest they came to recreating a monster like Kane or Taker. I really felt like they could have done the same with Mike Knox, if they had just stuck with him, and given him a chance.

strobogo

Banned
Well, Kane was Umaga's first real one on one feud, and Kane putting Umaga over really pushed him to the next level. They managed to have some great brawls in 2006, but Kane was "phoning it in" then, so I guess they could have been better. ;)

The thing I liked about Umaga was that they stuck with him. His debut was lackluster, and he could barely generate any interest for a while. However, they refined his look and character, and made him interesting. His face turn was something the crowd was begging for, because they were dying to cheer for him. He was also a great wrestler, and he and Cena put on some great matches together. What brought him down, however, were his own personal demons. The WWE gave him time to try to deal with it, and tried to send him a message by ending his push. However, they eventually released him, due to them, and he died shortly thereafter. He was the closest they came to recreating a monster like Kane or Taker. I really felt like they could have done the same with Mike Knox, if they had just stuck with him, and given him a chance.

Shh. Don't ruin it.

Top Bottom