• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Wha...?
Foley was the one who put down the challenge! You can't retcon something like that after you showed a recap of it at the top of the show!

Ithil

Vince is a lame face. Always has been, but in recent years face Vince is the usual "bullying super cool awesome boss who's way better than these stupid wrestlers".

Ithil

What happened to John Cena vs Dolph Ziggler?

They've been having that match on house shows, apparently has been working really well, and they've got a story going together?

What gives?

krae_man

Is it just me or does it look like Vince just randomly decided "Fuck what we booked, I'm going to grab a mic and change it"

ecurbj

So wait, the traditional Team versus Team isn't happening? What happened to Team Foley versus Team Punk? What the fuck!?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
What happened to John Cena vs Dolph Ziggler?

They've been having that match on house shows, apparently has been working really well, and they've got a story going together?

What gives?

Vince happened.

That little segment with Vickie was probably the most accurate representation of WWE creative meetings ever to appear on air.

somedevil

Is it just me or does it look like Vince just randomly decided "Fuck what we booked, I'm going to grab a mic and change it"

Well after the reactions it got last week most likely this is a better idea and hopefully tommorrow they make up to the crowd and give Bryan a freaking real match.

Paracelsus

You people will say "NO" but knowing Vince I still think somehow he's gonna send Bork against Ryberg, would not shock me if that's how Maddox gets a WWE contract, after all it happened once with Zack Gowen.

Ithil

First Miz quit Team Punk, then we added Wade Barrett as a replacement, but then like Team Punk is over you've got a Triple Threat match now.

Get Vince off the show, please.

Kyoufu

You people will say "NO" but knowing Vince I still think somehow he's gonna send Bork against Ryberg, would not shock me if that's how Maddox gets a WWE contract, after all it happened once with Zack Gowen.

Punk will be the one to interfere. It makes sense. Maddox helped Punk, so to complete the deal Punk helps Maddox.

While anything is possible I suppose, I think it's more likely Punk interferes, hits Maddox which gives him the win and a contract. I don't think they'd use a Bork date from his contract for a quickie appearance to put someone else over. If Bork appears, the segment will be all about him.

First Miz quit Team Punk, then we added Wade Barrett as a replacement, but then like Team Punk is over you've got a Triple Threat match now.

This should lead to a Raw in the near future where Vince just truly goes off his rocker and keeps waltzing out mid matches and as promos take place changing booking on the fly to the puzzlement of the wrestlers in the segments.
He does this all in a very bipolar fashion switching between smiling jolly Vince and raging cranky Vince.

Sounds like they fixed Survivor Series actually at least it matters now...sorta

Paracelsus

Punk will be the one to interfere. It makes sense. Maddox helped Punk, so to complete the deal Punk helps Maddox.

A DQ win would be very retarded, championships do not change hands unless stated otherwise, why should something as big as a WWE contract? Again, going back to Zack Gowen, his match was a No DQ one.

Kyoufu

A DQ win would be very retarded, championships do not change hands unless stated otherwise, why should something as big as a WWE contract? Again, going back to Zack Gowen, his match was a No DQ one.

I never said it'd be a DQ. Think more of a referee distraction -> Low Blow.

Miz as the Calgary Kid a few years ago was literally a contract on a pole match. A DQ win can easily give Maddox the contract.

I really liked that Maddox promo. The guy's first on-air promo happened to be a hugely important one for the story line and he came off pretty solid... first fucking promo was one like that. Also, I'm not going to say it because i'll get too much shit for it and be labeled this and that but there's something about Maddox I noticed.

Ithil

I'm still shocked at the Vince announcement. Why did they run those segments at the beginning?

WHY?

I have absolutely no idea. I can only assume Vince came up with this during the show and ran with it without thinking anything through, or they plan to come up with a reason for the match to not happen later on, or I don't bloody know, this is idiotic.

Top Bottom