• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Serious question: did you ever see the Smiley/Chavo angle with Pepe?

I don't know what any of those things are, and I'm pretty sure that I do not want to know just from the sound of it.

Any links you post in response to this will not be clicked. Trying to disguise them will also not work since all Youtube links are embedded on my end. YOU LOSE.

EDIT: I remember Ciclope from jericho's book. That Dean was such a jerk :mad:

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know what any of those things are, and I'm pretty sure that I do not want to know just from the sound of it.

Any links you post in response to this will not be clicked. Trying to disguise them will also not work since all Youtube links are embedded on my end. YOU LOSE.

It's okay. It was probably the best angle Chavo was ever involved in. They built a story over months about Chavo going insane, and eventually started running around with a toy horse (head on a stick) named Pepe.

Norman Smiley ended up in a feud with him where a lot of hardcore match shenanigans would be afoot. Eventually Smiley crashed Chavo's birthday party for Pepe and threw him into a wood chipper. It was amazing.

I just want you to be informed, because WCW was really magnificent at times.

Anth0ny

dvd-lg-wwe-attitude-e7tq5k.jpg

I approve. DX spray paint over the WWF logo is a nice touch.

It's okay. It was probably the best angle Chavo was ever involved in. They built a story over months about Chavo going insane, and eventually started running around with a toy horse (head on a stick) named Pepe.

Norman Smiley ended up in a feud with him where a lot of hardcore match shenanigans would be afoot. Eventually Smiley crashed Chavo's birthday party for Pepe and threw him into a wood chipper. It was amazing.

I just want you to be informed, because WCW was really magnificent at times.

I get that it probably was, but I have so many more fuck-awful memories of it that it'd be a losing fight to convince me otherwise.

EDIT: Why the FUCK is Shawn's pose the first thing I noticed on that cover? :lol :lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I get that it probably was, but I have so many more fuck-awful memories of it that it'd be a losing fight to convince me otherwise.

Hey, I just noticed the change on your avatar. Really cool of you to do Beef. :)

What are some of those fuck-awful memories? I wonder if we'll clash about any of them, or if you (rightfully) hate the Hardcore Invitational Junkyard match, etc.

WCW is amazing. We really should just run through all of the PPVs and Nitros and Thunders. Once a week after RAW. I would love it. I got all of it, I really should.

And I see Gillberg in the cover!

Hey, I just noticed the change on your avatar. Really cool of you to do Beef. :)

What are some of those fuck-awful memories? I wonder if we'll clash about any of them, or if you (rightfully) hate the Hardcore Invitational Junkyard match, etc.

- Juvi and Rey being unmasked
- "Hardcore Hank"
- Some storyline about guys going "off-script" or something. A friend at the time told me about it and tried to get me to watch WCW, and I said "...if they went off-script, then why are they having a match again?" "Because this fight is going to be FOR REAL." :|

Those are the most notorious ones. I've made an effort to ignore WCW since then.

- "Hardcore Hank"
- Some storyline about guys going "off-script" or something. A friend at the time told me about it and tried to get me to watch WCW, and I said "...if they went off-script, then why are they having a match again?" "Because this fight is going to be FOR REAL." :|

Those are the most notorious ones. I've made an effort to ignore WCW since then.

Hardcore Hak!

unless it was meant as a joke, then my bad!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
- "Hardcore Hank"

Bischoff's stated he regretted having those unmaskings - and didn't understand why they were a big deal.

Juvi though, bless his heart - without his mask? He was goddamn BEAUTIFUL under there. It was insane what a good looking man he was under there. That mask was a crime.

Hak was...a real letdown...

Even late WCW, some of the bad stuff ended up being really good. Jersey Triad? Awesome. Vampiro? Fantastic.

Kinda unsure what the off-script thing was you mentioned. Can anyone clarify?

G-Fex

Bischoff's stated he regretted having those unmaskings - and didn't understand why they were a big deal.

Juvi though, bless his heart - without his mask? He was goddamn BEAUTIFUL under there. It was insane what a good looking man he was under there. That mask was a crime.

Even late WCW, some of the bad stuff ended up being really good. Jersey Triad? Awesome. Vampiro? Fantastic.

What about...

THE WALL?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What about...

THE WALL?

I was actually alright with him, I remember him doing a couple significant spots and had WCW stuck around, he was definitely being groomed for main event talent along with Vampiro.

I remember Vampiro working an EXCELLENT match with Sting near the end, too. Good stuff.

Jerry Flynn
The Wall
The Gambler
Ice Train
Sgt. Craig Pittman
Super Calo
Prince Iaukea
Lash LeRoux
Lee Marshal

They are all better than your favorite wrestlers and they are WCW 4 LIFE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I love how fat Ahmed Johnson got when he came to WCW - and he did some REALLY stupid spots too, unrehearsed as hell and never...never really...it never quite...worked.

And he feuded with Booker T over the use of the letter T. Dark days in WCW. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuBaYoZzaQQ

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well it doesn't exist. But the conversion from SD Betacam to Blu Ray would probably look pretty damn well.

That's the problem, there'll never be hd content. The cleanest possible would do a lot for me, a lot of WCW is from internet files passed around recorded off of a VCR. Anything is an improvement :(

Original DX >>>> NWO. Shawn Michaels was just in the zone during that run. There's never been a better immature douchebag gimmick.

because it wasn't a gimmick

WCW towards the very end was getting pretty good. I really liked Steiner as a heel champion who kept putting babyfaces out of action.

I wish WCW survived. While it probably wouldn't be as big as WWE is today, it'd still allow us to have a viable number 2 option. They would certainly be bigger than TNA, if only because of the name really.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did you watch the GWF stream the other night? Find out the truth in:

Conspiracy Theories with Laserfrog
http://youtu.be/ahRAPQpMby4

Oh my goodness. So, for real, you're amazing to make something like this. It's amazing the amount of attention to detail you put.

I...I want to address the ghost situation, but I also don't...want...to...

Wonderful video though Laser. Next week, you may find answers...or you may find more questions!

Jerry Flynn
The Wall
The Gambler
Ice Train
Sgt. Craig Pittman
Super Calo
Prince Iaukea
Lash LeRoux
Lee Marshal

They are all better than your favorite wrestlers and they are WCW 4 LIFE.

Isn't Jerry Flynn the guy who kept coming back to TNA to wrestle RVD because he was too addicted to painkillers from ECW to pay for them anymore?

EDIT: I KNEW NOCTURNOWL WAS IN CAHOOTS WITH NIXON!

Alucard

Banned
Hey guys,

I'd just like to say that Bret Hart put on some fantastic matches in his career. Watched his match against Hakushi at In Your House in 1995 last night. Really great stuff, especially for a PPV opener! His match against Owen at WMX was also superb. Probably one of the best opening matches to a PPV ever.

Started reading his book again last night. Really great stuff in there.

<3 The Hitman.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This was god-tier trolling, especially considering how much this legitimately pissed off Flair and Anderson.

Apparently it drove Anderson's wife to tears. Really was an amazing skit. Gotta hand it to Kev, he had it down just right.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Didn't buff bagwell have some "shoot" angle?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't buff bagwell have some "shoot" angle?

Could be, I remember him shooting on Steiner in a promo and that pissing the shit out of Scott - and Scott worked his ass STIFF at their PPV (which isnt much of a stretch, except Steiner let it be known)

Top Bottom