• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Enfinit

If Kane and Bryan turn serious, I hope they stay together. Bryan can look fucking terrifying with his beard on, and Kane can flip flop without effort.

Kane is neither heel nor face. He's the only person in the company that is a perfect mixture of both; he is fael.

strobogo

Banned
You know what I find strange? The Usos beat the PTP completely clean on the Superstars before Hell In A Cell. The same PTP that had a PPV match against Rey/Sin Cara and were the main event of Main Event this week. Yet the Usos haven't been on Raw or Smackdown in months. Seems like if they'd put them over a tag team that they've been pushing for months, even before the tag Renaissance started, they'd put them on the actual TV shows.

Ithil

he is great, but he doesn't have the height and power to be able to do what Swagger is able to do.

Not sure where this notion of Bryan being weak comes from. He might be short, sure, but he's pretty jacked for his size (increasingly so since starting in WWE) and I've never seen him fail at something in the ring because of a lack of strength.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Holy shit at Awesome Kane.

Dolph is good, but he's not that good. He doesn't have the range that Bryan has on the mic, and he's nowhere near as good of a wrestler. Dolph could have been much greater if they had gotten rid of Vickie sooner, and let him get some more practice with the mic. I still debate as to who's better between him and Cody

Based on what? Most of DBry's WWE offense these days is kicks. And part of wrestling is selling, which Dolph is the best at in the whole company. I also think his moveset is more varied than Bryan's when they both work a long match.

Ithil

Based on what? Most of DBry's WWE offense these days is kicks. And part of wrestling is selling, which Dolph is the best at in the whole company. I also think his moveset is more varied than Bryan's when they both work a long match.

Based on 10 years of Bryan matches.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
OK, I shouldn't say nowhere near, but I never base a guy on his range of moveset. Bryan, however, is a better story teller, in my opinion, and has a much more durable and enduring style. I don't think Ziggler's constant selling will allow him to last too long, and his storytelling in the ring isn't as good. Bryan just has a much better mind for it, imo.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Holy crap.

tumblr_mctoliqIUw1qcn1f0o1_500.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Ziggler isn't the best seller in the company. He's the best bumper in the company. Those are not the same thing. Christian is probably the best seller and the next best bumper after Ziggles.

I was really sad to hear about Brad Armstong passing away this morning. He was a really talented guy that for whatever reason just never clicked passed the mid card for the most part. Ric Flair requested to wrestle him a couple times in the late 80's even though it wasnt a big money match because Flair respected his work. We lost a good one today.

This Kane art is awesome, Moomin Kane is an unexpected treat.
Actually awesome Wrasslin' art is sorely under-represented I imagine.

ecurbj

Just received my copy of CM Punk's documentary on Blu-ray and the original Best In The World T-Shirt combo from WWEShop. They were on backorder but they finally received them and I got mine after Hurricane Sandy.

iLU7ORj2S5aBy.jpg

Can't wait to watch it. Just got off work. I'm thinking about watching it after I settle in.

Mr. Sam

Just received my copy of CM Punk's documentary on Blu-ray and the original Best In The World T-Shirt combo from WWEShop. They were on backorder but they finally received them and I got mine after Hurricane Sandy.

iLU7ORj2S5aBy.jpg

Can't wait to watch it. Just got off work. I'm thinking about watching it after I settle in.

Could you make the picture a little bigger? I can't quite make it out.

El-Suave

Ugh, just learned the probable line up for my Smackdown house show tomorrow from today's show in France.
No tag teams, and Ricardo Rodriguez in singles competition. Also William Regal, which would be fine in front of the right crowd, but I somehow doubt the Hamburg crowd will be that.
Bryan, Sandow and Ziggler (ironically with a Smackdown MITB suitcase) are Smackdown guys at the RAW leg of the show. For the same ticket price as RAW the lineup seams ubelieveably cheap.

ecurbj

Sorry I posted the picture through my iPhone. How do you make it bigger? It's just a picture of the original CM Punk white/black Best In The World T-Shirt and the documentary on Blu-ray.

Aiii

So not worth it
Ugh, just learned the probable line up for my Smackdown house show tomorrow from today's show in France.
No tag teams, and Ricardo Rodriguez in singles competition. Also William Regal, which would be fine in front of a good crowd, but I somehow doubt the Hamburg crowd will be that.
Bryan, Sandow and Ziggler (ironically with a Smackdown MITB suitcase) are Smackdown guys at the RAW leg of the show. For the same ticket price as RAW the lineup seams ubelieveably cheap.

Source? Because really, if I get to see Regal next week I'm fucking excited!

Nice props for ACW at Fun Fun Funfest via Stereogum's recommendations of the Top Ten Sets to catch:

Anarchy Championship Wrestling (Daily matches, Yellow Stage)

Hundreds of local indie pro-wrestling associations call our great country home, and Austin’s ACW, which usually holds its shows at rock club the Mohawk, may be the finest one. ACW shows are known for gory bloodletting and areal insanity, and it’s the rare wrestling organization where the female wrestlers are presented as the men’s equals. The roster includes scarily charismatic high-flyer ACH, bombshell face-kicker Rachel Summerlyn, demonic beanpole RD Evans, and grizzled ex-ECW champ Jerry Lynn, and its daily matches serve as one of the great selling points of FFF Fest; god knows you won’t see this stuff at any other indie music festival. -Tom

I disagree with the notion that ACW is known for bloody matches, since I've been to plenty of shows where either no one, or just one match, has blood. I've always thought ACW uses talent getting color for entirely appropriate reasons.

But a really nice surprise to see Stereogum rank ACW so highly as a feature at a big Indy music fest that's soooooo stacked with great acts.

Kaladin

WWE had a conference call today:

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/73...rts-it-off-with-a-doozy-updated-1148.html?p=1

I think the most interesting stuff came out about the network. Vince thinks that 12 million homes are hardcore fans, 24 million homes are casual fans and 23 million are lapsed fans. He would later on say that he only needs those 12 million hardcore fans to buy into the premium WWE Network. He also doesn't think the network will cannibalize WWE. There was no updated timeframe for the network.

Vince will probably get nowhere near 12 million subscribers for the network.

He may be lucky to get 4 million.

Take this for what it is worth:

Original Plan For Hell in A Cell Revealed
Posted by Joseph Lee on 11.01.2012

Plus, what is the plan for Ryback now?

Even those Ryback lost at WWE Hell in a Cell, WWE plans to push him as the new main event babyface monster in the future.

The original plan for Hell in a Cell was to have Ryback pin CM Punk clean and win the WWE title. He would hold the belt through Survivor Series and lose in a multi-man gimmick match at TLC where he wouldn't have to be pinned or submitted. Vince McMahon settled on this plan on October 25, just three days before the PPV.

Then the next day, he decided to keep the belt on CM Punk because Punk's long title reign was more important than Ryback's undefeated streak, which isn't necessary to play him up as a monster. WWE has spent so much time focusing on Punk's title reign that felt it would be better to keep the belt on him until the Royal Rumble so his match with The Rock will have higher stakes.

Once the decision was made to keep the belt on Punk, WWE then tried to come up with ways for Ryback to lose without looking weak. WWE considered several options before going with crooked referee Brad Maddox, including run-ins from Brock Lesnar, Big Show, Mark Henry and even Vince McMahon himself.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/n...ll-in-A-Cell-Revealed.htm#RZwEG6oW2Yt8eTCT.99

SoulPlaya

more money than God
WWE had a conference call today:

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/73...rts-it-off-with-a-doozy-updated-1148.html?p=1

I think the most interesting stuff came out about the network. Vince thinks that 12 million homes are hardcore fans, 24 million homes are casual fans and 23 million are lapsed fans. He would later on say that he only needs those 12 million hardcore fans to buy into the premium WWE Network. He also doesn't think the network will cannibalize WWE. There was no updated timeframe for the network.

Vince will probably get nowhere near 12 million subscribers for the network.

He may be lucky to get 4 million.
12 Millions hardcore fans? Doesn't RAW get like 5 million viewers?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get counted in ratings and I'd pay for a WWE app if it gave me the access I wanted.

What'll be neat is when the WWE Network or whatnot debuts and we can go back and compare original broadcasts to what they've "whitewashed" so to speak to fit their interpretation of history.

Ithil

I don't get counted in ratings and I'd pay for a WWE app if it gave me the access I wanted.

What'll be neat is when the WWE Network or whatnot debuts and we can go back and compare original broadcasts to what they've "whitewashed" so to speak to fit their interpretation of history.

John Cena photoshopped into the main events of WM 3 and 14.

tm24

Extreme Rising's next show will be their first iPPV:

ExtremeRising-ippv.jpg

The event is on WWN Live. It could be good, but they're pricing structure starts $5 higher than DGUSA/Evolve events. $15 for live, $20 for live + vod, $30 for live, vod + dvd.
Holy shit they're gonna have raven back? I almost want to see this train wreck live

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ziggler isn't the best seller in the company. He's the best bumper in the company. Those are not the same thing. Christian is probably the best seller and the next best bumper after Ziggles.

Christian's really not. Holding your arm every other move isn't great selling.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
There was a video where Edge meets Christian for the first time with his short hair. There's redone Wrestlemania posters surrounding them and the one for WMXX had Cena F-U'ing Shoe as the focus.

It was great.

At the peak of the Monday Night Wars there were 12 million people who would tune into wrestling on Mondays. I have no idea where Vince is getting his numbers from. If they were smart they would have done an online channel that would have reached world wide instead of a network only for America.

Top Bottom