• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

I saw the circle jerk he gets in this thread but I didn't get why after watching RAW to be honest. I do find it funny he looks almost dwarfish compared to Kane though.

ALSO, I lived through "The Corporation" and The Rock's reign. I can handle any crap storylines they dish out. (Hated the Rock, but I was a Stone Cold fan back in the day anyways)

There is this myth that he is some kind of a god when it comes to actual wrestling. I haven't seen shit in the three years I have been back watching again. Hes ok. better than some.

There is this myth that he is some kind of a god when it comes to actual wrestling. I haven't seen shit in the three years I have been back watching again. Hes ok. better than some.

Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it a myth. For my money, Bryan is hands down the best wrestler on the roster. But, if you weren't impressed with his matches with Punk earlier in the year, I don't know what to say other than we clearly disagree on what makes an awesome wrestler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp3wqiJVqC4

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know what to say other than we clearly disagree on what makes an awesome wrestler.

What makes an awesome wrestler...hmmm...

Shit, Kanyon in his WCW run might be one of em. I always loved seeing creative offense. Then again, I also REALLY liked Big John Studd's wrestling matches, though they weren't necessarily clinics...

For a short guy, he is no Benoit. Maybe I just haven't seen him doing anything other than comedy sketches. I don't remember one of his matches with CM Punk.

For a short guy, he is no Benoit. Maybe I just haven't seen him doing anything other than comedy sketches. I don't remember one of his matches with CM Punk.

See if you can track down is match with Punk at Over The Limit. It's on Punk's DVD if you've bought that. His match with Sheamus at Extreme Rules was also pretty great, probably the best Sheamus match ever.

strobogo

Banned
Super annoyed that I still haven't received my copy of WWE 13 from Gamefly. It was sent out Monday. It's never taken more than 2 days to get a game to me. I really wish they'd implement a tracking system for their games. The only thing I can imagine is that it is Sandy related, as the shipping center that delivers to my area is in Pittsburgh.

All I know is that I'm getting very annoyed.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

220px-Lanny_Poffo_vs._Koko_B._Ware.jpg

he is great, but he doesn't have the height and power to be able to do what Swagger is able to do.

ibkoA8UAEnYbxr.gif
ifjuUOPym2ltE.gif
ibnFHmq79Arrlq.gif

Morishima weighs 300lb. Swagger could barely hit his finisher on Alex Riley.

I know, it was probably Riley's fault, lol

Liquidsnake said:
I don't remember one of his matches with CM Punk.

That's a shame, as they were easily some of the best WWE matches this year.

Sunflower said:
What makes an awesome wrestler...hmmm...

Shit, Kanyon in his WCW run might be one of em. I always loved seeing creative offense. Then again, I also REALLY liked Big John Studd's wrestling matches, though they weren't necessarily clinics...

For me, I'd say it's a combination of ability, execution and intelligence - they don't necessarily have to be the greatest technical wrestler, but if they have the ability, have that crispness of execution and have the intelligence to plan and pace a match, knowing when and where it's appropriate to do or not do certain things, then I'll never fail to be entertained. I think that's exactly why El Generico is so damn awesome.

Kaladin

You know, while this comedy angle is doing wonders for Bryan on the mic, they need to turn him heel and have him start kicking people's heads in. I want my Dragon back.

Kyoufu

D Bryan is the best wrestler but nobody cares about technical ability.

What we care about, are the MOMENTS.

/mickfoley

You know, while this comedy angle is doing wonders for Bryan on the mic, they need to turn him heel and have him start kicking people's heads in. I want my Dragon back.

What if the team itself goes full on proper heel, Monster Kane, Dragon Bryan, modern day two man power trip.

I never got a chance to watch Danielson/Moxley. How was that one?

It was a pretty good, wild and crazy brawl from what I remember, although maybe a little underwhelming given Moxley's hype.

Mr. Sandman said:

This. Once the Kane stuff is done with, I'd love to see him get in a feud with someone like Zigger or Kidd, someone who would really benefit from a good feud with a quality wrestler.

It was a pretty good, wild and crazy brawl from what I remember, although maybe a little underwhelming giving Moxley's hype.

Surprisingly just alright imo.

Word. I will try to check it out this weekend.

What if the team itself goes full on proper heel, Monster Kane, Dragon Bryan, modern day two man power trip.

This. Once the Kane stuff is done with, I'd love to see him get in a feud with someone like Zigger or Kidd, someone who would really benefit from a good feud with a quality wrestler.

When the team eventually breaks up, Brian will just bury Kane with a flurry of strikes and submission holds which will bring back the American Dragon and more importantly, Final Countdown.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Kane and Bryan turn serious, I hope they stay together. Bryan can look fucking terrifying with his beard on, and Kane can flip flop without effort.

When the team eventually breaks up, Brian will just bury Kane with a flurry of strikes and submission holds which will bring back the American Dragon and more importantly, Final Countdown.
A heel that defeats people with submission holds? in the WWE? how absurd!

tm24

Word. I will try to check it out this weekend.
yeah, like bootaaay says, its a match judged by expectations. You will probably love it. If possible, check out his Switchblade Conspiracy stuff, where he tags with the future inheritor of "dammit WWE, debut him already" title Sami Callihan

somedevil

The angle also got him incredibly over which the WWE loves. His matches are still great when given time like the Ziggler one. I think he could be a babyface because he got a huge pop playing the babyface when he faced Big Show on Raw.

Only if they're facing Kofi, Santino, or Ryder, aka the jobbers for heels who get pushes.

It's funny that you can pretty much deduce the outcome of a Alberto Del Rio match based on his opponent...

Main Event Face: Can only win by trickery, no chance of submission (unless it's Rey Mysterio and even then he'd have to have like slammed his arm in a chair or some shit), high chance of losing.

Midcard Face: He'll almost certainly destroy them by submission in a desperate attempt to make his armbar still seem credible

Randy Orton: Fucked

Kaladin

Extreme Rising's next show will be their first iPPV:

ExtremeRising-ippv.jpg

Extreme Rising
Remember November
Golden Dome (CCBC)
1 Campus Drive
Monaca, PA 15061
Saturday, November 17th 2012
Belltime: 8pm

Already signed:

MAIN EVENT
"The Franchise" Shane Douglas vs. Matt Hardy w/Reby Sky

EXTREME REMATCH
Sabu vs. Devon Storm

ONE ON ONE
Jerry Lynn vs. Homicide

TAG MATCH
FBI vs. BLK Out

HARDCORE LUCHA
Bestia vs Pesadilla

Perry Saturn vs. Luke Hawx

Stevie Richards vs. Papadon

Additional talent confirmed and scheduled to appear:

RHINO
RAVEN
THE SANDMAN
THE ORIGINAL GANGSTA NEW JACK
THE BLUE MEANIE
BALLS MAHONEY
FAÇADE
CHRISTIAN YORK
JAY BRADLEY
MARCO CORDOVA
JOEL GERTNER
ROBBIE MIRENO

*card subject to change

The event is on WWN Live. It could be good, but they're pricing structure starts $5 higher than DGUSA/Evolve events. $15 for live, $20 for live + vod, $30 for live, vod + dvd.

For some reason, there's always a lot of Japanese WWE fan-art of Kane;

Rage Kane;

imWr9MdX2SyYN.jpg

Moomin Kane! WTF??

iEGZnpeUmlGBM.jpg

Awesome Kane;

iIFSHsZAEzkhM.jpg

The event is on WWN Live. It could be good, but they're pricing structure starts $5 higher than DGUSA/Evolve events. $15 for live, $20 for live + vod, $30 for live, vod + dvd.

$15 for a main event of Matt Hardy vs Shane Douglas? No sale. Would be far more interested in Dreamer's House of Hardcore promotion going iPPV, as they seem to be doing a better job of mixing the new talent with the old.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Holy shit at Awesome Kane.

Dolph is good, but he's not that good. He doesn't have the range that Bryan has on the mic, and he's nowhere near as good of a wrestler. Dolph could have been much greater if they had gotten rid of Vickie sooner, and let him get some more practice with the mic. I still debate as to who's better between him and Cody

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys want the Kane roster revealed, or do you want it to be a surprise?

I've got about 20 Kanes...but part of the fun is seeing which one is next.

Kaladin

$15 for a main event of Matt Hardy vs Shane Douglas? No sale. Would be far more interested in Dreamer's House of Hardcore promotion going iPPV, as they seem to be doing a better job of mixing the new talent with the old.

Didn't Shane Douglas say that he would never wrestle again for Extreme Rising after that first show?

Top Bottom