• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Alucard

Banned
I'm also curious where he got that 12 million figure from. Unless the network is going to run WWE Classic events all day, I just don't see it based on their current TV show ratings.

I was really sad to hear about Brad Armstong passing away this morning. He was a really talented guy that for whatever reason just never clicked passed the mid card for the most part. Ric Flair requested to wrestle him a couple times in the late 80's even though it wasnt a big money match because Flair respected his work. We lost a good one today.

I got out of a job interview today to a voicemail from somebody telling me Brad had died. Couldn't believe it. I was fortunate enough to work with him once in 2009. He was a tremendous guy. I'll always remember how nice he was and how welcoming he was to everybody.

Sad day.

Kaladin

Taz will miss tonight's episode of Impact Wrestling because he was unable to travel from New York to Orlando due to Hurricane Sandy.

THANK YOU SANDY **CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP**

bit of news form the f4w that I found kind of interesting.

Update on King Mo. It’s said he’s taking well to his training and has been working a lot with Al Snow and Nick Dinsmore. It’s still very early in his training as last week he was trying to get used to having to run the ropes (which is a hell of a lot harder than it looks on television, probably even harder than learning how to take bumps). He’s going to both the beginner and advanced classes. A friend of his told him to watch the recent Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Minoru Suzuki IWGP Title match from Sumo Hall earlier this month (a ***** match), telling him to concentrate on watching Suzuki’s facials and how he was able to put realistic strikes into a match while still working pro-wrestling style. He’s being given a lot of advice by both Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe. He’s done a few five-minute mini matches and the word we got was that they were very impressed with his selling in particular. For whatever it’s worth, he really wants to play heel, but I’m not sure that’ll be his decision to make.

I like what I'm hearing, but a part of me still says this is TNA and that means things will get botched somewhere along the way.

Kyoufu

DIRTSHEETZ

CM Punk pissed off management when Vince and Hayes went over to his place and weren't offered an alcoholic beverage. It is now believed that he will drop the title in the Survivor Series non-title match.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Bah to Regal being on the Smackdown shows. People don't upload or share the videos with those nearly as often as the Raw ones.

Yeah, PWG has been awesome this year, but like you say, they don't run many shows. Only 9 in total this year, but all of them have been awesome so far. The next show should be awesome too, really looking forward to Steen vs Cole.

For me, I'd say the top three promotions this year have been;

1. NJPW
2. PWG
3. CHIKARA

My vote for fed of the year will easily go to Dragon Gate USA/Evolve. They have consistently put on great shows, even when Japan fucks with their storylines and their tag titles have been in limbo.

Man, it is unbelievable how wrong you guys are. I don't even know why you are in this thread as you bring shame to everyone.

They should be. The best promotion this year has been Osaka Pro.

Lucha, catch, comedy, hard, "pure", etc, they do it all. Great women's wrestling, great mixing of styles between comedy and serious wrestlers, Viewtiful Joe reappeared, etc. Wrestling as it's meant to be, fun.

Fun! http://youtu.be/S6ORMpJHhwk

Oh I totally agree with you, especially in the bolded names. The issue is that there is more to being a technically sound wrestler than suplexes and submissions, but because the guys who popularized the term all used them people started to equate their movesets with "technical wrestling".

For my money the best technical wrestlers in the company are William Regal, Tyson Kidd, and Daniel Bryan - in that order.

It can be a bit annoying when talking about technical wrestling and have it only be described in the Benoit move set list and nothing more, but that's more an issue of seeing wrestling moves rather than understanding and paying attention to all the steps between the expected moves.
As long as "technical wrestler" is placed on someone who actually is or has the background of it for all that they do, I don't actually mind the phrase too much. Now when it starts to be misused and someone calls a Jeff Hardy or the like a technical wrestler, that will be a problem.

As you did mention regal though, Bryan Danielson vs William Regal from Memphis Wrestling. http://youtu.be/Nb6ThUZLxXA

Was this in the last thread?:

022.jpg

Thats amazing. Should have worn that on RAW

strobogo

Banned
Benoit didn't really do any technical wrestling unless he was wrestling Dean, Kurt, or Bret. His branding of technical wrestler seemed weird to me. He was a weird hybrid of Strong Style and King's Road style. Not really a technical wrestler. And really, Kurt was rarely a technical wrestler, either. He was straight up sports entertainment.

You'll likely see more "technical wrestling" in a 5 minute Ziggler match than most Kurt Angle matches. The Brock/Angle matches were such a let down since they worked full WWE style instead of having nifty shooty, amateur looking stuff. Which is what everyone expected and wanted.

Claudio is the best technical wrestler right now in WWE. He doesn't get to show much of it on Raw, but on Superstars and NXT he's always doing wacky catch stuff and interesting holds and cut offs.

Also, holy fuck I hope the Punk dirt sheet rumor is true. That's hilarious. Has to be the best dirtsheet rumor in ages.

Jamie OD

It's starting to look like I will attend WrestleMania next year. Although I can't 100% guarantee it, I will be in New York that week. I hope to attend Mania, Raw, a Chikara show and maybe another event. I would love to see all of the wrestling related stuff that week but I want to go see some Knicks and Yankees games too.

strobogo

Banned
Seeing ECWaMania makes me realize that Vince was probably onto something not being impressed with Punk. That shit happened every week while he was in ECW. There was some super ugly fuck up in just about every match he had while in ECW. Punk really wasn't very good in WWE rings until his stuff with Rey and Hardy in 2008 and 2009. I'm sure it was a huge struggle to get where he is, considering how shitty he looked when he first started in the company.

Also, holy fuck, shaving the ring did wonders for Luke Gallows.

I've made the mistake of putting Raw on in the background and i'm now being reminded that this Cena and Vickie promo is one of the worst things they've done in years, GOOGLY EYES!

Kaladin

I think I'm going to a phase where I will hardly watch any of Raw anymore.....maybe part of the last hour after I get home from work. It's just not doing it for me anymore, not even Bryan or Punk. I'm starting to think I'll have to get my wrestling from indies and TNA.

KissVibes

Banned
Last month, I promised I would overtake Spindashing in the Hall of Shame. I made good on that promise with 262 posts. This month, I plan to shatter that number and continue my climb to the top and take my spot as THE KING OF SHAME. So, who am I targeting this month?

Alucard, You're Next!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also, holy fuck, shaving the ring did wonders for Luke Gallows.

Gallows was goddamned doomed as Festus. Creative saw a window for him to escape and it paid off big time. Big runs in Ring Ka King and indies, and possibly TNA now. Good shit for Ex-Festus. Love me some Big LG.

I had no idea Briley Pierce was Dolph's little brother! :O

lol.

It will be at TLC, so they'll have Paul Heyman pull the title down and hand it to him.

Remember, WWE 2012 logic, you must have possession AFTER you get it down or it doesn't count! So technically Heyman would be the champ for that time.

Kaladin

Remember, WWE 2012 logic, you must have possession AFTER you get it down or it doesn't count! So technically Heyman would be the champ for that time.

I think it's if the item (in this case the belt) leaves where it is hanging, the first superstar who gains control of them item wins the match. In that case, Heyman, who is not legal in the match can hand the belt to Punk to declare Punk the winner.

I think it's if the item (in this case the belt) leaves where it is hanging, the first superstar who gains control of them item wins the match. In that case, Heyman, who is not legal in the match can hand the belt to Punk to declare Punk the winner.

I don't see Punk defending in a ladder match. Just an extreme rules match IMO

B-Dex

I liked PPVs better when only a few per year were specific, like Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble, but now every single one is the same every year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Please forgive me Kyoufu, your representation in the GWF is...out there...

WWE had a conference call today:

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/73...rts-it-off-with-a-doozy-updated-1148.html?p=1

I think the most interesting stuff came out about the network. Vince thinks that 12 million homes are hardcore fans, 24 million homes are casual fans and 23 million are lapsed fans. He would later on say that he only needs those 12 million hardcore fans to buy into the premium WWE Network. He also doesn't think the network will cannibalize WWE. There was no updated timeframe for the network.

Vince will probably get nowhere near 12 million subscribers for the network.

He may be lucky to get 4 million.

Bwahahahahaha

somedevil

I think I'm going to a phase where I will hardly watch any of Raw anymore.....maybe part of the last hour after I get home from work. It's just not doing it for me anymore, not even Bryan or Punk. I'm starting to think I'll have to get my wrestling from indies and TNA.

I can understand the Indies but TNA? The show that give us aces and eights and alright cut? The show was good when aries became champion, but when Aces and Eights and Claire Lynch came along ths how has been medicore.

TNA is ok, they put on some amazing matches and have some great talent.

Aces & Eights will prolly be a crap 'payoff' but I'm still interested enough to keep following it for awhile longer before my interest starts to strain.

VerTiGo

Banned
TNA is awesome. Every ppv since slammiversarg has been awesome except for no surrender and unmm Aries is the best wrestler on tv today.

Thank god sting dumped the joker makeup tonight. Finally.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
TNA censoring my comments on the youtube page by removing the comments

fuck you!

McNei1y

Not liking 13 as much as I thought I would :/

It's exactly what I thought it'd be. A mediocre wrestling game. The modes, customization, and Universe will probably keep me playing, though. I'm pretty far into the 'Rise of DX' storyline. I think I spent the past few hours playing it.

VerTiGo

Banned
TNA's PPV matches are good, but the TV and story lines are so bad I can't get invested at all.

All story lines in wrestling suck when they aren't a work of something legit. Otherwise storylines in wrestling have been garbage since savage v hogan for wrestlemania v.

And because the wwe has good storytelling or something? They ripped the Claire lynch angle with aj lee and cena and that was horrible to begin with.

Top Bottom