• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

strobogo

Banned
5 greatest workers from the 90's, GO.

1. Bret Hart
2. Steve Austin
3. Randy Savage
4. Chris Jericho
5. Shawn Michaels

Random list is random!

Jericho's best work definitely happened in the 2000s. Though promo wise, his best work was probably the Malenko feud and Goldberg non-feud. In ring, nothing touches his work with The Rock during the Invasion. Some of the best stuff all decade.

rvd2kewl

Mark Henry is looking great! I miss him and his theme song.

"IF I CHARGE FOR AIR, YOU KEEP YO BILLS PAID!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cBUD0i7NP8

Punk supports Bourne big time, and I THINK HHH is a fan of his, but I might be thinking of someone else. In any case I think he'll be at least given his old mid card spot back.

According to the dirtsheets, Stephanie's a fan but HHH isn't. Seems like one of those things that would be difficult to confirm so it could be BS.

Kaladin

JY9ak.jpg

Toki767

According to the dirtsheets, Stephanie's a fan but HHH isn't. Seems like one of those things that would be difficult to confirm so it could be BS.

Well according to the dirtsheets, Brad Maddox is HHH's latest project so I guess we'll see how things go on Monday.

strobogo

Banned
I'm a week behind on Impact (does anyone even know that they put up episodes on Spike a few days later?), but I'm much more excited at the idea of Hector vs Daniels/Kaz than Chavo.

EDIT: I never understood why Bret and Anvil would be on different face teams at a Survivor Series. Hogan having the anti-hero, cool heels combo of Demos and Jake would be like Cena having Punk, D-Brine, and Dolph on his team.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well according to the dirtsheets, Brad Maddox is HHH's latest project so I guess we'll see how things go on Monday.

Punk will help him win to stick it to McMahon. Duh. Obvious booking is obvious, there's no way he's losing.

Kyoufu

Punk will help him win to stick it to McMahon. Duh. Obvious booking is obvious, there's no way he's losing.

Yeah or Heyman causes a distraction then Maddox low blows and pins. Heyman could say it was all him and Punk had no idea etc.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
5 greatest workers from the 90's, GO.

1. Bret Hart
2. Steve Austin
3. Randy Savage
4. Chris Jericho
5. Shawn Michaels

Random list is random!

1. Mitsuharu Misawa
2. Mr. Perfect
3. Owen Hart
4. Shawn Michaels
5. Bret Hart or The Undertaker

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I started watching some old ROH dvds that I found in the attic, and now I"m real astonished by the track that Samoa Joe went on.

I mean, think about it. If you watched independent wrestling from say 2006-2009, Samoa Joe was THE guy. He was the guy you used to get your friends interested in the stuff. You'd say 'you gotta check this guy out. He's big and fat, but he's crazy fast and does all these insane moves, and he kind of looks like Elvis.' And he had such star power that his ROH title reign pretty much put the company on the map. He got to have all these insane IWC Dream Matches with Misawa, Kobashi, Vader, and so on. Then he went to TNA and was booked as a complete monster. He completely refreshed the X-Division and got crazy over. He went on to have the best match in the company's history with Daniels and AJ twice. Then they didn't give him the title. Then they had him feud with Kurt. Then they gave him the title? Then they kept sucking off Kurt and the other old guys. Then they stuck Joe with Tazz. Then they stuck Joe with Nash.

Now I guess he tags... or something?
Gc8Ps.gif

Mr. Sam

Joe's the TV champion if I'm not mistaken. TNA did give Joe the world title - after he'd cooled off - but had Sting beat him at Bound For Glory after Kevin Nash interfered and made wrestling cool again.

DKehoe

I started watching some old ROH dvds that I found in the attic, and now I"m real astonished by the track that Samoa Joe went on.

I mean, think about it. If you watched independent wrestling from say 2006-2009, Samoa Joe was THE guy. He was the guy you used to get your friends interested in the stuff. You'd say 'you gotta check this guy out. He's big and fat, but he's crazy fast and does all these insane moves, and he kind of looks like Elvis.' And he had such star power that his ROH title reign pretty much put the company on the map. He got to have all these insane IWC Dream Matches with Misawa, Kobashi, Vader, and so on. Then he went to TNA and was booked as a complete monster. He completely refreshed the X-Division and got crazy over. He went on to have the best match in the company's history with Daniels and AJ twice. Then they didn't give him the title. Then they had him feud with Kurt. Then they gave him the title? Then they kept sucking off Kurt and the other old guys. Then they stuck Joe with Tazz. Then they stuck Joe with Nash.

Gc8Ps.gif

Joe is such wasted potential. He should have been a top guy in WWE or been the centrepiece of TNA to show why they are different.

Something really underappreciated about Joe is his ability to carry himself like a star. If you watch his entrances as ROH champion, for example, he has a charisma to him that makes him seem like a big deal.

I haven't watched TNA for a while now but last I saw it seems he doesn't care anymore. Hard to blame him really.

BlazinAm

Gc8Ps.gif

I looking to watch some old Samoa Joe matches but the fact that the dvd that TNA has goes to 2006 and just covers his streak kinda sucks.

Kaladin

Can anyone think of one match involving current WWE superstars that you would pay big money to see? And by current, I mean excluding guys like Brock Lesnar, The Rock and probably even Undertaker and Triple H.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Can anyone think of one match involving current WWE superstars that you would pay big money to see? And by current, I mean excluding guys like Brock Lesnar, The Rock and probably even Undertaker and Triple H.
I would pay money to see a Kane vs. Taker retirement match. Outside of that, I would pay money to see Hell No. No one else, though.

None. It's exactly what I mentioned last month, there are no real high level feuds to look forward to. Everyone's fought each other 45 million times, there's no real main event "tier" of guys for midcard wrestlers to feud with after they get moved up (since everyone's midcard anyway), all heels are cowards, all babyfaces are supermen, the entire roster wrestles in the same style, feud and match builds are lackluster, etc. I don't know how anyone honestly gets hyped for PPV's aside from the Rumble (for the match) or Mania (for the spectacle).

strobogo

Banned
My god, I would love it if those are actually done by the wrestlers themselves and not some random PA running around the Impact Zone. I can only imagine how much Hardy laughed to himself at "Does the extra set of eyes make it hard to tell if I am high?"

All the matches i wanna see are stipulation matches

Personally i would pay money to see all these matches (but they have to go all out no half ass PG match and in a good city)

CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan (Iron Man match)
Team Hell No vs Rey/Sin vs PTP vs Primo and Epico (TLC Match)
Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara (2 out of 3 falls)
Hornswaggle vs Ryback (Extreme Rules)
Paul Heyman vs Vince Mcmahon (Extreme Rules)
Bryan vs The Rock
AJ Lee vs CM Punk
AJ Lee vs Naomi (TLC match i wanna see how they would do this kind of match)

I wouldn't pay Big money for these matches but i would like to see

CM Punk vs Wade Barret
Bryan vs Wade Barret
Ryback vs Lesnar
Bryan vs Cesaro
CM Punk vs Cesaro
Tyson Kidd vs CM Punk
Tyson Kidd vs Bryan

Edit: Also if NXT is canon there's tons of people i would like to see out of there

strobogo

Banned
Bryan and Wade had one of the top matches of the WWE last year at Summerslam. It was awesome. Ended with the Nigel/Dragon on the ropes lariat.

DKehoe

I guess if I think about it Rey vs Sin Cara is probably the match I'd most want to see. Almost everything else has been done really.

I hope once Ryback is a Tensai level jobber then Big E is the next pet project, there is already a story with Vickie on NXT so it could happen

Thinking about it I think I enjoy more of the NXT roster than any other

Ohno
Bray Wyatt
Rollins
Big E
Baretta

Are all entertaining as hell right now

somedevil

Matches I'll Pay for:

Cena vs Bryan
Punk vs Bryan
Ziggler vs Bryan Iron Man Match