• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

I heard ****** so i'm in but which match in particular am I aiming for here? I assume Black Tiger 2.
Of course I know you want me/us to watch the whole thing, maybe i'll glance at some others.

Yeah, Black Tiger II vs Wild Pegasus - also, El Samurai vs Great Sasuke, Great Sasuke vs Jushin Liger and Great Sasuke vs Wild Pegasus are all must watches, imo. The final is a must-see if you're a fan of ******.

bangai-o

Banned
i guess ill confess before i go to work.

why wont Layla just come over to my house? i can show her how good i am at videogames.

Jamie OD

I might be alone in this, but I would love to see Sting vs Undertaker at WM still.

zkloya.jpg

I'd be into it too. If only...

Laserfrog

Stinger splash stinger splash, I've seen that film that retells Sting's life and him finding god. It was terrible, but I watched it for ol' stinger.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A little concerned. At work, my computer at home has been offline for 17 minutes. Could this be the end of the GWF? I won't know till I walk in the door...

Yes. Turbo Charged. I couldn't think of the name. Instantly takes me to poorly lit arenas with sparklers spinning around the WCW logo on the tiny stage with the weird stair/ramp hybrid to a ring with a dark mat with dark blue and yellow ropes and yellow turn buckles. I miss WCW. So much. Even the shitty parts.

Great memories.

somedevil

Attitude Era DVD listing for the first 2 DVD's. Nothing yet for what is on the 3rd one:

DISC 1

Documentary:

The Birth of Attitude

Entrance Music

D-Generation X

Austin vs. McMahon

Long-Arching Stories

Innovations

New Demographic

Critics

Expansion

Comedy

Wealth of Talent

The World Was Watching

Watershed Period
Jim Ross interviews Goldust & Marlena
Raw – Nov 3, 1997

Steve Austin Throws the InterContinental Championship Off A Bridge
Raw – Dec 15, 1997

Soldier of Love
Raw – May 4, 1998

Mr McMahon Presents Mankind with the WWE Hardcore Championship
Raw – Nov 2, 1998

Jim Ross Interviews Triple H
Sunday Night Heat – July 25, 1999

An Evening At The Friendly Tap
SmackDown! – Jan 20, 2000

Mae Young and the Acolyte Protection Agency
SmackDown! – Jan 27, 2000

“The Jug Band”
Judgment Day 2000

Triple H Trains Trish Stratus
SmackDown! – July 27, 2000

Edges Totally Awesome Birthday
Raw – Oct 30, 2000

The Rocks Message to His Hell in a Cell Opponents
Raw – Dec 4, 2000

GTV

DISC 2

Mike Tyson Joins DX
Raw – Mar 2, 1998

A New Beginning For D-Generation X
Raw – March 30, 1998

Sable vs. “Marvelous” Marc Mero
Raw – May 11, 1998

Nation of Degeneration
Raw – July 6, 1998

Brawl for All Match
Bart Gunn vs. “Dr Death” Steve Williams
Raw – July 27, 1998

Four Corners Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
The Undertaker & Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Kane & Mankind vs. The New Age Outlaws vs. The Rock & Owen Hart
Raw – Aug 10, 1998

Lions Den Match
Ken Shamrock vs. Owen Hart
SummerSlam 1998

Finals of WWE Championship Tournament
The Rock vs. Mankind
Survivor Series 1998

The Rock & The Undertaker vs. Mankind & Stone Cold Steve Austin
Raw – Dec 7, 1998

Austin Gives The Corporation A Beer Bath
Raw – March 22, 1999

The Undertaker vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Raw – June 28, 1999

The Debut of Y2J
Raw – Aug 9, 1999

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Sting is weird.

With that face paint he has on you'd expect him to be all silent or try and talk all deep but whenever he does talk he just sounds like a dude.

Aiii

So not worth it
At least Sting's facepaint looks good and it's not crap like Jeff Hardy's does his.

Jeff Hardy's face paint makes you want to punch him in the eye. Sting's facepaint makes him look like a total bad-ass that'll shove his bat up your eye socket if he has to.

Sting is weird.

With that face paint he has on you'd expect him to be all silent or try and talk all deep but whenever he does talk he just sounds like a dude.

Sting blew the last decade of his career. Im not even talking about who he works for. I am talking about the character Sting! One of the great Icons who had the sickest run from 97-99 Blew everything after that!

strobogo

Banned
Rocker's theme and Warrior's theme always sounded weirdly similar to me, much in the way that Sting's and the Steiner's mid 90s themes had parts that still are indistinguishable to me to this day.

somedevil

Attitude Era DVD listing for the first 2 DVD's. Nothing yet for what is on the 3rd one:

Here are the Blu Ray exclusives for the Disc:

BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVES

King of Kings Match
Ken Shamrock vs. Triple H vs. Owen Hart
Raw - June 29, 1998

The Oddities w/ Insane Clown Posse vs. The Headbangers
Raw - Sept 28, 1998

The Truth About Sammy
Raw - Jan 18, 1999

The Unholy Union of Stephanie McMahon & The Undertaker
Raw - April 26, 1999

The Rock vs. Val Venis
SmackDown - Oct 7, 1999

Survivor Series Elimination Match
Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Kane & Shane McMahon vs. Triple H, X-Pac & The New Age Outlaws
SmackDown - Nov 4, 1999

WWE Hardcore Championship Match
Al Snow vs. Crash Holly
SmackDown - June 29, 2000

The Hardy Boyz & Lita vs. Perry Saturn, Eddie Guerrero & Dean Malenko
SmackDown - Nov 30, 2000

Chris Jericho vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. Kurt Angle, Edge & Christian
Raw - Dec 25, 2000

You get the Insane Clown Posse and Sammy!

tm24

Not sure if this counts as a wrestling confession, but what the hell...

The absolute worst, most God awful wrestling match I have ever seen involves Rey Misterio Jr in his prime. It was a tag team match that took place in Mexico for what I presume was Konnan's Promo Azteca company, which was either just before or around the same time he worked for WCW. My memory of it is hazy but I still have the DVD of it somewhere in my collection. I might dare myself to watch it again sometime to see if it is as horrible as I originally thought it was. Here's what I can remember.

Primera Caída: The rudos beat up Rey for a while with dirty tactis. Rey tags in his partner but he quickly gets destroyed. First fall goes to the rudos.

Segunda Caída: Here's where it gets stupid. Same beginning as the first fall except this time the rudos use a chair. The ref allows this (turns out he was a heel ref, I did not realize this at the time). Rey tags in his partner again who just stands up to his opponents and shadow boxes for a while. The rudos figure out the guy won't do anything to them and they beat him up. Rey gets a second wind, hits a dive and I think wins the second fall by countout.

Tercera Caída: Here's where the stupidity gets even worse. The rudos beat up Rey with the chair again. Rey's partner tags in and grabs the chair but the ref takes it off him. They then repeat the entire process of Rey getting beat up with the chair and his partner coming to the rescue. This time however Rey's partner makes sure to keep the chair for himself. He squares off with the Rudos, chair in hand and... drops the chair to shadow box some more. I felt like screaming at the TV over how stupid this was. From there I can't remember what happened next, just that the match ended in a DQ for one of the teams.

Might not sound bad but the match felt like it went on forever. There was so much build up to the technicos getting revenge on the rudos for the constant chair attacks but that ended up going nowhere. It was infuriating to watch.

I've seen this match before somewhere. It definitely was Promo Azteca. I think it was a 6man with El Zorro, Mascara Sagrada & Rey going up against Blue Panther, Juventud Guerrera & Pirata Morgan. Its not as bad as you remembered, but its definitely bad

Entropia

No One Remembers
Remember making South Park versions of your favorite wrestlers?

Shut up.

God yes, :lol

I agree that I would still love to see Sting vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania, though this year may not be the right year with Brock and Rock and all :(.

That being said, I think the absolute prime for that match to have happened was like Wrestlemania 18, 19 or 20.

Top Bottom