• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Entropia

No One Remembers
"“I was approached by Kurt Angle to be part of a MMO RPG game that was being developed and completed according to original scope of work with the producers of a movie he was part of."

hahaha, WTF?

So apparently THQ has starting to enter talks to sell of there existing studios in a attempt to pay off debt and wont be around for much longer.

Thats what happens when you dont make WWE all stars 2.

Kaladin

So apparently THQ has starting to enter talks to sell of there existing studios in a attempt to pay off debt and wont be around for much longer.

Even though this means we probably won't see another WWE game till the next consoles all come out, good riddance.

Alucard

Banned
WWE Raw TV preview 11/12

After a two-week European Tour, WWE returns to the U.S. for Monday's Raw TV leading into the Survivor Series PPV. The following items are in-play for Raw from Columbus, Ohio.

-- Outside of storylines or PPV hype, the biggest story will be Jerry Lawler returning to TV announcing two months after suffering an on-air heart attack. Lawler will be joined by Michael Cole and Jim Ross, who has confirmed he will appear on the show.

-- One match advertised is Ryback vs. heel ref Brad Maddox, who will win a $1.0 million contract from Vince McMahon if he defeats Ryback.

-- After completely re-shuffling the Survivor Series line-up last week, WWE will be in reinforcement mode trying to sell viewers on C.M. Punk vs. Ryback vs. John Cena for the WWE Title in the new PPV main event.

-- WWE has a fifth slot on Team Foley to fill for the traditional Survivor Series match at the PPV.

-- Vickie Guerrero has vowed to introduce new audio footage related to John Cena and A.J. Lee's alleged affair. The suggestion is another party will be introduced in the storyline.

-- On the Smackdown side, WWE will continue promoting the Big Show vs. Sheamus feud ahead of their World Title match at the PPV.

-- The bonus match advertised for the live crowd in Columbus is Punk vs. Ryback for the WWE Title.

Aiii

So not worth it

If they fail to give me the DLC I already paid for, I riot!

I'm kind of disappointed in you guys

Last night was the perfect time for the John Cena hall of fame gif in response to that post and it went unused

Also I would give my left nut to be in GWF even as a one time jobber

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'm kind of disappointed in you guys

Last night was the perfect time for the John Cena hall of fame gif in response to that post and it went unused

Also I would give my left nut to be in GWF even as a one time jobber

I don't have a good version of that gif if anyone does please post it.

Aiii

So not worth it
john-cena-funny-face.gif

Started to watch the TNA PPV. Got excited when they mentioned Buckethead. So guy who isn't the buckethead I was expecting walks down and stuns the crowd by telling them to text $10 bucks into the air.

youwannawhatfakebuckethead.png

Fat guy with the goatee behind the fake buckethead is not impressed.

PopfulMail

Checking in from RAW. On floor right behind an obnoxious D. Bryan lookalike facing the cameras and none of my bootleg signs got snagged by security.

Alucard

Banned
Jeff Hardy will change his character in the new year. As per pwtorch.com:

TNA World Hvt. champion Jeff Hardy says he was "knocked silly numerous times" during his match against Austin Aries in the Turning Point PPV main event on Sunday. It adds to concern over the dangerous nature of their ladder match.

Asked on the Busted Open satellite radio show what he thought about his match against Aries, Hardy replied, "Before last night, I went back to watch some of the TLC matches and myself and the Undertaker and there is a lot for me to live up to in those matches. But I haven’t seen it back because I got knocked silly numerous times. So once I see it back, I’ll have a better idea of my opinion."

Concerning his future, Hardy said he's "pretty much made that decision" on what to do when his contract expires in January. Hardy suggested it will be staying with TNA: "In January when that rolls around, I’ll make a decision. I’ve pretty much made that decision. The music is going to be a huge part of it as far as keeping me around. We haven’t signed anything yet, but we are getting close."

Hardy saying that his music will be a factor points to him staying with TNA because of WWE's restrictions and control, especially with outside projects. Hardy also suggested he will be debuting a new character in TNA.

"I’m going to change it big time when I leave and I come back as Willow the Wisp one of these days," Hardy said. "My vision of this character is just an extension of myself. It will be basically from the imagination of Jeff Hardy. Willow the Wisp instead of painting my face, he’ll just be wearing a mask. In a world that makes no sense, back in the Omega days it was so fun to be him and I never worried about making sense. I was in my own little world under that mask. At 36 years old, if I can do something like that it’s going to be a blast. It’s going to be a huge change of style for me."

The timing would match the hype for TNA's Final Resolution PPV in December. The advertising teases a "final chapter" for Hardy, who could then transition into a new character. Simultaneously, TNA will likely play up the idea that Hardy could be leaving the company with his contract set to expire.

[ FYI: Hardy's interview aired on the Busted Open satellite radio show with Dave Lagreca and Doug Mortman, which airs Monday, Wednesday, Friday on Sirius 92, XM 208, and Sports Zone on the Internet. ]

somedevil

Jeff Hardy will change his character in the new year. As per pwtorch.com:

TNA World Hvt. champion Jeff Hardy says he was "knocked silly numerous times" during his match against Austin Aries in the Turning Point PPV main event on Sunday. It adds to concern over the dangerous nature of their ladder match.

Asked on the Busted Open satellite radio show what he thought about his match against Aries, Hardy replied, "Before last night, I went back to watch some of the TLC matches and myself and the Undertaker and there is a lot for me to live up to in those matches. But I haven’t seen it back because I got knocked silly numerous times. So once I see it back, I’ll have a better idea of my opinion."

Concerning his future, Hardy said he's "pretty much made that decision" on what to do when his contract expires in January. Hardy suggested it will be staying with TNA: "In January when that rolls around, I’ll make a decision. I’ve pretty much made that decision. The music is going to be a huge part of it as far as keeping me around. We haven’t signed anything yet, but we are getting close."

Hardy saying that his music will be a factor points to him staying with TNA because of WWE's restrictions and control, especially with outside projects. Hardy also suggested he will be debuting a new character in TNA.

"I’m going to change it big time when I leave and I come back as Willow the Wisp one of these days," Hardy said. "My vision of this character is just an extension of myself. It will be basically from the imagination of Jeff Hardy. Willow the Wisp instead of painting my face, he’ll just be wearing a mask. In a world that makes no sense, back in the Omega days it was so fun to be him and I never worried about making sense. I was in my own little world under that mask. At 36 years old, if I can do something like that it’s going to be a blast. It’s going to be a huge change of style for me."

The timing would match the hype for TNA's Final Resolution PPV in December. The advertising teases a "final chapter" for Hardy, who could then transition into a new character. Simultaneously, TNA will likely play up the idea that Hardy could be leaving the company with his contract set to expire.

[ FYI: Hardy's interview aired on the Busted Open satellite radio show with Dave Lagreca and Doug Mortman, which airs Monday, Wednesday, Friday on Sirius 92, XM 208, and Sports Zone on the Internet. ]

Willow the Wisp? lol. If he does that good luck with that TNA.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Do Vince and JR actually have a tense relationship?
Not really. Vince recently and publicly said that JR is the best commentator of all time, even going as far as to put him above Gordon Solie, which is something JR disagrees with. I honestly think Vince has mellowed out on most of his personal "beefs" in recent years. I mean, the dude apparently cried when King had his heart attack.

WWE Raw TV preview 11/12

After a two-week European Tour, WWE returns to the U.S. for Monday's Raw TV leading into the Survivor Series PPV. The following items are in-play for Raw from Columbus, Ohio.

-- Outside of storylines or PPV hype, the biggest story will be Jerry Lawler returning to TV announcing two months after suffering an on-air heart attack. Lawler will be joined by Michael Cole and Jim Ross, who has confirmed he will appear on the show.

-- One match advertised is Ryback vs. heel ref Brad Maddox, who will win a $1.0 million contract from Vince McMahon if he defeats Ryback.

-- After completely re-shuffling the Survivor Series line-up last week, WWE will be in reinforcement mode trying to sell viewers on C.M. Punk vs. Ryback vs. John Cena for the WWE Title in the new PPV main event.

-- WWE has a fifth slot on Team Foley to fill for the traditional Survivor Series match at the PPV.

-- Vickie Guerrero has vowed to introduce new audio footage related to John Cena and A.J. Lee's alleged affair. The suggestion is another party will be introduced in the storyline.

-- On the Smackdown side, WWE will continue promoting the Big Show vs. Sheamus feud ahead of their World Title match at the PPV.

-- The bonus match advertised for the live crowd in Columbus is Punk vs. Ryback for the WWE Title.

I wish I could be there. So close but so far away. Damn you, work. ;_;

tm24

Not really. Vince recently and publicly said that JR is the best commentator of all time, even going as far as to put him above Gordon Solie, which is something JR disagrees with. I honestly think Vince has mellowed out on most of his personal "beefs" in recent years. I mean, the dude apparently cried when King had his heart attack.

JR will never say he's better than his idol. Watching the Legends of Wrestling roundtables, he says Solie is better than him, yet every guest says more or less says come on stop it Jim, youre better than him, stop with the modesty

SoulPlaya

more money than God
JR will never say he's better than his idol. Watching the Legends of Wrestling roundtables, he says Solie is better than him, yet every guest says more or less says come on stop it Jim, youre better than him, stop with the modesty
Yeah, I get it. It's impossible to compare Solie to JR. Solie was in an era where wrestling was still presented as "real", and he mainly focused on actual play by play. Despite that, I still say prime JR is better than prime Solie.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I am watching NXT.

1) Why is Striker ring announcing?

2) Jinder Mahal / McIntyre / Justin Gabriel and Bo Dallas in a #1 contenders match. What? This show is so weird.

Whenever I see Samoa Joe wrestle in TNA now, I can't help but think 'What the hell happened'. Guy was shit hot in 2006/7... though I suddenly realise how long ago that was now.

tm24

Whenever I see Samoa Joe wrestle in TNA now, I can't help but think 'What the hell happened'. Guy was shit hot in 2006/7... though I suddenly realise how long ago that was now.

Every time i see Joe now i start laughing uncontrably because of the attitude he had from the Kenny Omega incident. i guess Omega had the last laugh

Bored, rewatching ROH from the beginning. First up;

ROH - 2002.02.23 - The Era of Honor Begins - Highlight Video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlKmBipnCV4

. The show kicks off with the Christopher Street Connection, a flamboyant homosexual tag team, coming down to the ring to make out, before Da Hit Squad of Monsta Mack and Danny Maff destroy them and put their valet through a table. This was meant to get over that ROH isn't about gimmicks, but rather competition, however it came off really bad. The highlight is Corino calling the CSC's valet a dirty whore on commentary (she's his sister, lol).

. The first 'official' match is up next, Amazing Red vs Jay Briscoe. Mark is still too young to compete in Philly, but accompanies Jay to ringside. They start things off with a fast back and forth, Red using his agility to avoid Briscoe's power, until Jay just grabs him by the scruff of the neck and tosses him over the top. Red does this amazing spot when Jay goes to snapmare him, by corkscrew flipping out of the snapmare, if you can imagine that. Jay keeps trying to go to the top, and it doesn't pay off for him. On the third occasion he misses a senton, Red hits the phoenix splash followed by the Red Star Press for the win in a good, competetive opener. 2.25/5

. Next up, Scoot 'The Black Nature Boy' Andrews vs Xavier, the man of little personality. I liked Scoot, he always tried hard, but was pretty sloppy at times. Xavier always had the talent, but he was so bland on the mike. Not a bad match here, but pretty throwaway. Xavier hits a weird German suplex out of the corner and dumps Scoot right on the back of his head. Scoot gets his own back when Xavier goes for a bulldog, and Scoot just turns round and lariats the fuck out of him. From there, it gets pretty stiff and Scoot uses his power to take control, eventually hitting his Force of Nature piledriver, but Xavier's foot is under the ropes. Scoot argues with the ref, and Xavier hits his neckbreaker finisher for the 3. Eh. 1.5/5

. We get a backstage segment with the Natural Born Killers scaring the crap out of people with a chainsaw, before they head to the ring for a match with the Boogie Knights. This is pretty much an extended squash, with Homicide & Boogalou hitting all their big moves, including a really nasty looking double team where Boogalou powerbombs one of the Knights over Homicide's knee. They hit their big dragon suplex/lariat finish, but instead of going for the pin Homicide pulls out a rubber chicken and gets himself disqualified. Homicide then goes crazy and attacks the ref, HC Loc, busting his forehead open and hitting the Cop Killa. 1/5

. Next out is Mikey Whipwreck, to introduce his flipy-do students in the first ever ROH flippy-do multi-man match. We've got Quiet Storm, Chris Devine & Brian XL vs The SAT & Amazing Red, pulling double duty. This is sloppy as hell, and has one of those dumb segments where everyone takes it in turns to do a dive. The SAT are super reckless and Brian XL is the drizzling shits. Apparently it's an elimination match now, as one of the SAT's pinned Red. Quiet Storm eventually wins with the Storm Cradle Driver, despite kicking out of a bunch of big head drop moves. Meh. 1/5

. Prince Nana beats up some kid called Towel Boy. -/5

. Texas Wrestling Academy match next, with Spanky & Ikaika Loa vs Michael Shane & Oz. Despite Oz being kinda awful, and Loa kinda generic, this wasn't a bad match and got over that Shane & Spanky are both great and don't like each other very much. Whatever happened to Michael Shane? Seemed like he should've gone further. Anyways, this was pretty fun, especially the segments with Shane & Spanky, who eventually picks up the win after hitting Sliced Bread #2 on Oz. 2/5

. This is more like it; Super Crazy vs Eddie Guerrero for the IWA Intercontinental belt. Both guys get huge pops and they start things off fast, with Eddie showing a ton of intensity as he powers Crazy around the ring. Crazy tries to counter, but Eddie keeps on him, slowing the pace down and keeping Crazy grounded. Eventually, Crazy comes back with an impressive array of armdrags before sending Eddie to the outside with a big dropkick. Crazy follows him out, but Eddie thumbs the eye and hits a nasty brainbuster right on the concrete. He takes too long celebrating though, and once rolled into the ring Crazy kicks out at 2. Eddie slows the pace down again, locking in a sleeper, but Crazy breaks free and outwits Eddie with his superior speed, hitting his springboard 2nd rope moonsault perfectly. Eddie counters with a huricanrana, before hitting the 3 amigos. He goes up for the frog splash, but takes too long and Crazy smartly rolls out of the way and into a tilt-a-whirl small package for the 3 count! Really fun match, Super Crazy looked good here, but you could tell Eddie was in control throughout and he did a good job of putting Crazy over. 3.5/5

. Main event time, and the match that put ROH on the map; Bryan Danielson vs Low Ki vs Christopher Daniels. They start off well, getting all of the 3-man spots out of the way early, with no one wrestler gaining the advantage until Low Ki takes Danielson out with some really sick Kawada kicks. Daniels and Ki go at it for a while, with Chris trying to outwit Ki and avoid his lethal kicks, until Bryan reasserts himself, chopping and suplexing both guys and hitting and awesome Boston crab/camel clutch combo. Danielson and Ki then get in a battle to see who can kick the hardest, taking it in turns to reign down strikes on Daniels back until he ducks and both guys kick each others legs. Daniels takes control of the match, hitting a big combination DDT/neckbreaker, but failing to get a 3-count on either guy. He goes up to the top, and Danielson & Ki take him out before going at it themselves. Ki hits a sick kick to the Danielsons temple, but before he can go for the pin Daniels sneaks in and hits a big belly-to-back suplex. He goes for Angel's Wings on Ki, but Ki gets out of it and hits the Tidal Krush. Ki goes to the top, but Danielson follows him up and hits a superplex for a near-fall. He goes for Cattle Mutilation on Ki, but Ki counters into a dragon sleeper. Daniels breaks it up, STO's Ki and hits the BME for 2. Danielson gets back in and starts throwing forearms. He knocks Ki to the outside and hits a tiger suplex on Daniels before locking in Cattle Mutilation. Ki, however, makes his way up to the top and hits a huge phoneix splash on Danielson! He picks up Daniels and hits the Ki Crusher '99 in the middle of the ring to score the 3-count in ROH's first ever main event. Awesome stuff, a really well worked 3-way. Daniels was the man here, and while Danielson looked a bit awkward in places he showed great intensity and technical talent. Ki was crazy over here, the fans loved everything he did. A very fun match, and it's definitely held up ten years later. 4/5

Not the perfect start for ROH, some things worked, a lot of stuff didn't (especially the backstage segments), but Crazy vs Eddie and the main event more than made up for the rest of the show's shortcomings.

Every time i see Joe now i start laughing uncontrably because of the attitude he had from the Kenny Omega incident. i guess Omega had the last laugh

I must have missed this - what happened here?

Shitty Monday Night Football Game. check
Linda Lost the election. check
Last Raw before SS. check
Jerry Lawler return.

We are either in for one hell of an amazing night or a complete and utter clusterfuck

Anth0ny

So I stumbled upon Wrestling Observer's list of five star matches for WWF:

* 3/20/94 Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (Ladder Match, WrestleMania X) WWF Intercontinental Championship

* 8/29/94 Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (Cage Match, SummerSlam 1994) WWF Championship

* 3/23/97 Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin (Submission Match, WrestleMania 13)

* 10/5/97 Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker (Hell in a Cell Match, In Your House: Bad Blood) WWF Championship

* 7/17/11 John Cena vs. CM Punk (Money in the Bank) WWE Championship

Wow. I find it hard to believe there wasn't a single 5 star match between 1997 and 2011. I mean, I LOVED Cena vs. Punk at MITB, but I could probably think of a bunch of matches I enjoyed more during those years. Does anyone know what Meltzer's criteria is for rating a match?

Top Bottom