• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Started to watch the TNA PPV. Got excited when they mentioned Buckethead. So guy who isn't the buckethead I was expecting walks down and stuns the crowd by telling them to text $10 bucks into the air.

youwannawhatfakebuckethead.png

Fat guy with the goatee behind the fake buckethead is not impressed.

Thats weird because Mick Foley is always excited to see some sort of wrestling

Is this the same opening they played last year?

They always re-use everything. You know that footage they show when they pan across cities when they are in Boston, LA, New York, UK its always the same thing. In Boston they always show this guy throwing a fish to another guy i think ive seen it a thousand times now.

tm24

I must have missed this - what happened here?

Happened a few years ago, i wanna say 07. Joe was being brought in to face Kenny Omega at a PCW show. Omega was PCW's biggest star at the time. This was during Joe's good TNA run and Omega was just starting to catch some buzz in Canada. Joe basically told the promoter FU and basically decided to be a diva about the entire match. Refused to put Omega over, citing TNA policy or some BS that he wasnt allowed to lose, despite Styles coming in earlier and putting Omega over. Basically said Omega was a nobody and he was a star, so instead of even having a competitive match, he just squashed Omega and just totally buried Omega. The real fun came afterward, when the news of the incident reached the wrestling boards and people took Joe's side, saying he should get what he wanted since he was the star and Omega was a nobody wrestling in Canada and would never get anywhere.

tm24

Umm, this piece of news was randomly dropped in a news bit from PWI

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla has released an El Generico DVD titled "The Many Adventures Of..." featuring a ton of his matches with the company at this link. There's been some WWE interest in Generico in recent weeks.

Kaladin

So I stumbled upon Wrestling Observer's list of five star matches for WWF:

* 3/20/94 Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (Ladder Match, WrestleMania X) WWF Intercontinental Championship

* 8/29/94 Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (Cage Match, SummerSlam 1994) WWF Championship

* 3/23/97 Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin (Submission Match, WrestleMania 13)

* 10/5/97 Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker (Hell in a Cell Match, In Your House: Bad Blood) WWF Championship

* 7/17/11 John Cena vs. CM Punk (Money in the Bank) WWE Championship

Wow. I find it hard to believe there wasn't a single 5 star match between 1997 and 2011. I mean, I LOVED Cena vs. Punk at MITB, but I could probably think of a bunch of matches I enjoyed more during those years. Does anyone know what Meltzer's criteria is for rating a match?

Honestly, the attitude era was never about matches as much as it was about the moments and characters around the matches......and after the attitude era, nothing really lived up to five star match hype with the exception of maybe HBK vs Ric Flair at Wrestlemania 24 (at least IMO). Meltzer didn't give any five star ratings to matches from the US after the HBK HIAC till Joe vs Punk 2 in Ring Of Honor 2004.

Ithil

Umm, this piece of news was randomly dropped in a news bit from PWI

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla has released an El Generico DVD titled "The Many Adventures Of..." featuring a ton of his matches with the company at this link. There's been some WWE interest in Generico in recent weeks.

The 3rd man for Car Stereo.

Top Bottom