• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Sephzilla

It was the best ending of any PPV and the best thing that happened in 2001. Austin was stale at that point and awesome afterwards.

Two Man Power Trip sucked balls and only existed because Austin and Vince immediately realized the heel turn was a bad move, so they paired him with HHH in order to give Austin any kind of heat. Heel Austin only became interesting after HHH got hurt and the Two Man Power Trip died. And even then, he basically became a comedy character for the most part so he in a sense reverted back to being a character fans could like in a way.

Also, having Stone Cold Steve Austin turn heel in the middle of Texas was a sure fire way of making sure that heel turn was dead on arrival. In hindsight WrestleMania X7 and X8 were clear signs that Vince even then had started to lose his touch on what fans wanted.

Zach

Austin shaking hands with Vince was basically the Captain America saying "Hail Hydra" moment of professional wrestling. It should have never happened.

Also, having Stone Cold Steve Austin turn heel in the middle of Texas was a sure fire way of making sure that heel turn was dead on arrival. In hindsight WrestleMania X7 and X8 were clear signs that Vince even then had started to lose his touch on what fans wanted.

It was the best ending of any PPV and the best thing that happened in 2001. Austin was stale at that point and awesome afterwards.

Yeah, I see it both ways. Both arguments have merit.

Now fight to the death.

Anth0ny

WWF Intercontinental Title Match
Chris Jericho (c) vs. William Regal

Six Man Tag Team Match
Tazz & The APA (Bradshaw & Faarooq) (w/Jacqueline) vs. The Right To Censor (Bull Buchanan, The Goodfather & Val Venis) (w/Steven Richards)

WWF Hardcore Title Triple Threat Match
Raven (c) vs. Kane vs. The Big Show

WWF European Title Match
Test (c) vs. Eddie Guerrero (w/Perry Saturn)

Singles Match
Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle
***1/2

WWF World Women's Title Match
Ivory (c) vs. Chyna
*1/2

Street Fight (Special Referee: Mick Foley)
Shane McMahon vs. Vince McMahon (w/Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley)

WWF World Tag Team Title Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match
The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray Dudley & D-Von Dudley) (c) vs. Christian & Edge vs. The Hardy Boyz (Jeff Hardy & Matt Hardy)
***1/2

Gimmick Battle Royal
Repo Man and some other guys
** (zero stars without my dudes Mean Gene and The Brain)

Singles Match
The Undertaker vs. Triple H
**1/2

WWF World Heavyweight Title No Disqualification Match
The Rock (c) vs. Steve Austin

Really, the atmosphere and epic feel earned the B. Without that, you're looking at a C at best.

You sicken me, mother fucker, friend.

Let me ask you something, what do you love? Those pathetic early 90s WCW shows? I'm going to watch them via wwe network free trial and give each individual match a star rating and prove just how over rated THOSE shows are. Jabroni.

Fucking Zach. Never liked him, never will.

nash1167jw0.gif

Sephzilla

Let me ask you something, what do you love? Those pathetic early 90s WCW shows? I'm going to watch them via wwe network free trial and give each individual match a star rating and prove just how over rated THOSE shows are. Jabroni.

nash1167jw0.gif

> Calls Zach overrated
> Uses gif of overrated superstar to drive home his point

giphy.gif

klonere

Banned

nash1167jw0.gif

uQnA1uw.gif

nash1167jw0.gif
👏👏👏

Zach

For realz, though, Anth0ny, I wouldn't mind seeing your star ratings/hearing your opinion on the matches. I never said it's overrated. I just have a minority opinion on the matter.

Kaladin

What is your opinion on Triple H through WrestleMania X-7? If you're a fan, I probably shouldn't listen to you. Not because you're wrong, but because our tastes are probably dissimilar.

I enjoyed that era of Triple H. Pre-injury H was awesome and I enjoyed the feuds with Foley and Austin before the Two Man Power Trip.

nash1167jw0.gif
tumblr_o9dlbzmEBl1vr5pcno1_250.gif

Anth0ny

> Calls Zach overrated
> Uses gif of overrated superstar to drive home his point

giphy.gif

You dare besmirch the name of Kevin Nash during his very own month?

RdDL4.gif

For realz, though, Anth0ny, I wouldn't mind seeing your star ratings/hearing your opinion on the matches. I never said it's overrated. I just have a minority opinion on the matter.

Yeah now that you're actually done WCW, and really you've reached the point where wrestling starts going downhill never to return, I'm definitely going to look into all of your highest rated shows.

Zach

I enjoyed that era of Triple H. Pre-injury H was awesome and I enjoyed the feuds with Foley and Austin before the Two Man Power Trip.

You sicken me, mother f-er, friend.

Let me ask you something, what do you love? Those pathetic early 90s WWF shows? I'm going to watch them via paid wwe network subscription and give each individual match a star rating and prove just how over rated THOSE shows are. Jabroni.

F-ing Kaladin. Never liked him, never will.

nash1167jw0.gif

Kaladin

You sicken me, mother f-er, friend.

Let me ask you something, what do you love? Those pathetic early 90s WWF shows? I'm going to watch them via paid wwe network subscription and give each individual match a star rating and prove just how over rated THOSE shows are. Jabroni.

F-ing Kaladin. Never liked him, never will.

nash1167jw0.gif

tumblr_nfk0nnLk041sbzhteo1_400.gif

klonere

Banned
KAI is the ultimate goober. Why the fuck is he so pushed? I barely watch any W-1 and yet I am supremely annoyed by him as a wrestler.

Top Bottom