• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

I give it a week

image.php

Look, I just can't put on the kind of mass you were flaunting at BOLA, FallingEdge. It's not my fault.

you can do it too friend, we can do this together.

booker shooooot

It is old. I’m tired of seeing James Ellsworth. This kid had one hell of a run, send him back to the indies. I’ve actually seen this guy at a convention about a month ago, as soon as he got on television... I was actually appalled [laughes], but this guy is going to live off this run for quite some time. He’s probably getting a good price out there on these indie shows. They’re probably bringing him in just for entertainment purposes only...

But the thing of it is, me personally I’m not a hater - Ellsworth, get your paper - but you must ride it for as long as you can. Look at Hornswoggle, he worked with WWE for 6, 7, 8 years - he made a lot of money - you can’t hate on guys like that, but I do find myself thinking how James Ellsworth finagle his way into the WWE? It just makes you wonder. I’ve got a lot of talent right her in my Reality of Wrestling they’re knocking, just scratching at that door... so when I see Ellsworth... it’s getting a little old.

Mascara Dorada (gran metalik) did an interview where he said wwf wanted him to TAKE OFF HIS MASK when he joins wwf.

Thankfully he killed that idea. Shame La Sombra didn't do the same. Or maybe Sombra got word back to Dorada "dude, DON'T AGREE TO REMOVE YOUR MASK."

Kaladin

Mascara Dorada (gran metalik) did an interview where he said wwf wanted him to TAKE OFF HIS MASK when he joins wwf.

Thankfully he killed that idea. Shame La Sombra didn't do the same. Or maybe Sombra got word back to Dorada "dude, DON'T AGREE TO REMOVE YOUR MASK."

La Sombra has a good looking face to go maskless.

They just gave him a shit name that no one can care about and booked the fuck out of his debut.

I haven't seen him wrestle since the CWC. Maybe a match on Raw? I probably just lost him somewhere in all the "content," which is a shame. Dude is pretty damn good.

I haven't seen him wrestle since the CWC. Maybe a match on Raw? I probably just lost him somewhere in all the "content," which is a shame. Dude is pretty damn good.

No, he's finishing up his bookings in Mexico, and wwf don't want to use him while he's still working for CMLL. He only worked the first raw in September then went back to mexico.

Should be back after survivor series, just in time for the move to smackdown.

Fox318

Taker probably got an appearance fee out of it.

Good for James who quite frankly wouldn't want to be their next to Warriors wife after the shit he said.

He knows what his image is and what its worth so him going out there gets WWE money and not a lick for him.

I mean think about it. Why would warrior be there unless it was some attempt to get Lebron to come to mania and get inducted and all that shit just because he wore a shirt.

I'm way behind on my NXT, catching up and I'm amazed that they had weeks of vignettes hyping up this Dan Matha guy, he comes out with a host of "look at the size of this specimen!" comments...
And then Joe just comes out and beats the piss out of him, hot damn.

Power of pretaping - he was never supposed to be a big deal, they thought it up later and added them in retrospect to make him seem like big.

Seeing him with all those back zits made me wonder if they have wellness testing in the performance centre though

Jamie OD

The Believers Backlash match from Lucha Underground this week is so wacky and fun. The closest wrestling has ever been to becoming a Looney Tunes short.

Syder

booker shooooot:

It is old. I’m tired of seeing James Ellsworth. This kid had one hell of a run, send him back to the indies. I’ve actually seen this guy at a convention about a month ago, as soon as he got on television... I was actually appalled [laughes], but this guy is going to live off this run for quite some time. He’s probably getting a good price out there on these indie shows. They’re probably bringing him in just for entertainment purposes only...

But the thing of it is, me personally I’m not a hater - Ellsworth, get your paper - but you must ride it for as long as you can. Look at Hornswoggle, he worked with WWE for 6, 7, 8 years - he made a lot of money - you can’t hate on guys like that, but I do find myself thinking how James Ellsworth finagle his way into the WWE? It just makes you wonder. I’ve got a lot of talent right her in my Reality of Wrestling they’re knocking, just scratching at that door... so when I see Ellsworth... it’s getting a little old.
He didn't 'finagle' his way in, Booker. He got booked for the new jobber segment post-Brand Split and the internet took a liking to him. It's not that hard to understand, is it?
WWE have repeatedly shown they don't understand the process of getting over anymore, but they know when someone is getting hot crowd reactions, you milk it for all it's worth.

i

At this point, if Conor wins on Saturday, I'm expecting him to a cut promo where he yells "YOU SEE THIS?!?!" and then gigs himself with a few knuckles to the forehead.

Anth0ny

haha wtf connor

carny af, but last time he threw a water bottle it added 200k PPV buys. a chair shot is at least 650k buys.

Sephzilla

Conor is fucking awesome and knows how to work people. I mean, Jesus, the dude worked most of the WWE locker room - he worked people who are paid to work people.

cant fucking wait to watch this

how has the rest of the show been
Ehh, definitely not bad but a bit restrained.

Honma Samuels was what you'd expect
Marty Liger opened, and Liger is slowing.
Nagata Dunne wasn't the "coming out party" for Pete you'd hope but showed he's at least not out of his depth if they go for him

Zach

Took a few new shirts into the tailor for alterations today. The Taiwanese lady who runs the place asked if I was happy the election was over and then proceeded to tell me she was happy Trump got elected because of his strength. She went on to say that she wasn't sure a woman president would be very good anyway.

-_-

Curse my affability!

Hasney

Took a few new shirts into the tailor for alterations today. The Taiwanese lady who runs the place asked if I was happy the election was over and then proceeded to tell me she was happy Trump got elected because of his strength. She went on to say that she wasn't sure a woman president would be very good anyway.

-_-

Curse my affability!

To be fair, you should take Slap Nuts shirts in for alterations.

its the main reason why wwe doesn't have anyone care about their product, my problem is they keep hiring these guys from the indys/japan who are known be good workers like sami zayn, finn balor etc and that's it and that only appeals to the guys who are really hardcore and go to wrestling websites. other people can't tell a 5 star match to a 2 star match. Look at connor the guys no where the best fighter but people would rather watch him than anyone.

Fox318

Conor is fucking awesome and knows how to work people. I mean, Jesus, the dude worked most of the WWE locker room - he worked people who are paid to work people.
He's what wrestling used to be.

Meanwhile Vince is trying to write a daytime soap and his daughter uses the show to prep for a political career.

Nekofrog

Banned
its the main reason why wwe doesn't have anyone care about their product, my problem is they keep hiring these guys from the indys/japan who are known be good workers like sami zayn, finn balor etc and that's it and that only appeals to the guys who are really hardcore and go to wrestling websites. other people can't tell a 5 star match to a 2 star match. Look at connor the guys no where the best fighter but people would rather watch him than anyone.

Disagree about the match thing. There's a reason they don't let those guys go out there and just put matches on like they do at the cwc on Monday night raw, they don't want people getting over naturally in ring without vinces grubby sportz ennytaynement finger prints all over things. Take any of the high energy, high impact matches of the cwc and drop it into the end of hour 1 or beginning of hour 2 raw and by the end of it the crowd will be thoroughly won over. Except for hoho of course.

But that's not what they want back stage. That's why tjp and the Brian Kendrick go out and have lame 5 minute matches followed by cringe inducing backstage talking segments. If it's not in their design, they don't want it getting over.

Even the general audience knows a great match when they see it. Probably more now than ever, since great matches are few and far between on the television product

Anth0ny

He's what wrestling used to be.

Meanwhile Vince is trying to write a daytime soap and his daughter uses the show to prep for a political career.

it's so fucked. WWE isn't interested in making fake shit seem real anymore.

UFC is totally into making fake shit seem real to promote a fight. And they're great at it.

Top Bottom