• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Sephzilla

when one works workers, is a worker shooting?

KnBhEng.gif

I'm still seeing people say Vince must have no part in Smackdown because of how good it is. Even worse when people try to claim HHH is behind it.
I'm guessing it's from people that just don't realize Vince makes the final call on literally everything that goes on TV. At best, he's more willing to not give as much thought to stuff on Smackdown because it's the B show.

Sephzilla

I'm still seeing people say Vince must have no part in Smackdown because of how good it is. Even worse when people try to claim HHH is behind it.

My guess is that Vince just cares less about Smackdown than Raw and doesn't micromanage SD as much and lets more shit fly. I'm pretty sure there's a documented history of Vince giving less shits about Smackdown

I'm guessing it's from people that just don't realize Vince makes the final call on literally everything that goes on TV. At best, he's more willing to not give as much thought to stuff on Smackdown because it's the B show.
My guess is that Vince just cares less about Smackdown than Raw and doesn't micromanage SD as much and lets more shit fly. I'm pretty sure there's a documented history of Vince giving less shits about Smackdown
Yeah, I can believe Vince cares more for Raw but geez, people seem to genuinely think he has no pull on Smackdown at all and that it's entirely the writers. While I don't think he's behind everything on SD, the man still approves what's going on there. I just don't get people who think everything decent in the WWE is either A) not done by Vince and/or B) done by HHH.

Sephzilla

Yeah, I can believe Vince cares more for Raw but geez, people seem to genuinely think he has no pull on Smackdown at all and that it's entirely the writers. While I don't think he's behind everything on SD, the man still approves what's going on there. I just don't get people who think everything decent in the WWE is either A) not done by Vince and/or B) done by HHH.

The only show I believe is 100% Vince free is NXT

Toki767

I don't see what HHH sees in either TM61 or the Authors of Pain.

Who is honestly excited about that matchup as the finals of the Dusty Rhodes Classic?

Kaladin

Who is honestly excited about that matchup as the finals of the Dusty Rhodes Classic?

The finals is at Takeover, right?

I think the idea is to give these regular NXT teams a chance on a bigger stage.

Hasney

I kind of like Authors of Pain, the execution of some of those power moves are great and their match against No Way Jose/Swann was fun. emind me of 3 minute warning.

TM61 I have no idea though.

Sephzilla

You mean unlike the Crockett Cup the whole thing is based on?

I was just disappointed that last years finals didn't even include one proper tag team. It was all singles wrestlers thrown together, and neither Corbin or Rhyno were really at the top of the card around that time either.

Hasney

I'm kinda glad that Scott Dawson got injured in a way. Love The Revival and I wouldn't have liked to see them job as champs, probably to DIY so they could still be fed to Authors of Pain.

What a fucking match between Sabre and Shibata. A class above their totally fine previous match.

This is the kind of match I watch as a Sabre fan and don't understand the common Sabre complaints. He laid in his strikes and wrenched submissions, everything calculated and with menace.

somedevil

I kind of like Authors of Pain, the execution of some of those power moves are great and their match against No Way Jose/Swann was fun. emind me of 3 minute warning.

TM61 I have no idea though.

They had a good match with DIY as well. TM-61 did get a reaction from the crowd with there match with Sanity.

Pikma

Banned
Something felt odd about that TM61 match, did it have some kind of big botch? Because there was a moment they clearly cut, and replaced it with shot at the crowd, commentary seemed edited too

Angelina

Banned
im actually of the mindset that smackdown is alot of vinces ideas without having to worry about certain factors behind scenes with deals etc because it isnt the A show like raw so it can be a bit less unfiltered.

That one guy from TM61 has an incredibly physical style, Thorne I think his name is. I like it.

Also gotta say some of the spots from the DIY/AoP match looked pretty dangerous. That one where the one AoP dude falls backwards onto Ciampa's head? They also didn't replay the spot where they threw Gargano into Ciampa as he attempted the topes. Either it looked bad, or it looked bad.

AoP are aight. Pretty mediocre as wrestlers, but the aesthetic (music, Ellering, etc.) is on point.

Fox318

Shane will be the one to beat Stroman using his Jiu-Jitsu.

I look forward to Shane pinning Stroman with a banana split then finish with a Twister.

Hasney

Shane will be the one to beat Stroman using his Jiu-Jitsu.

I look forward to Shane pinning Stroman with a banana split then finish with a Twister.

Then Brock comes out to cost Smackdown and advance that wonderful program towards Wrestlemania!

Anth0ny

Still can't get over the fact Daniel Bryan choose Shane to be in the smackdown team, it so fucking stupid.

bro

in kayfabe

shane is brock/undertaker tier

as evidenced by the fact that he faced taker last year at mania, and will face brock at mania next year

Remember when Undertaker and Brock did the double sit-up and fight spot and Undertaker got the best of Brock with punches?

Now, do you also remember when they did the same spot at Mania, but Shane got the advantage?

Trying to think who would be in my WrestlingGAF Survivor Series team.

Net_Wrecker, of course
Nocturnowl
Plywood
FallingEdge
Maybe...Sephzilla too. DM can suck it.

I was dancing back and forth between Data West and Sephzilla tbh, but DW probably would actually kill the other team. And while that's handy, this is only a work, not a shoot.

Also Bootaaay isn't a performer in my headkayfabe, he's an announcer who actually puts people over.

Fox is Lawler, if Lawler was a fan of Cesaro instead of puppies.

Just watched Ambrose's suicide dive on smackdown, what the shit? he sorta flings himself stomach first onto the barricade post move despite having no momentum to warrant it, shades of the ziggler superkick...

Trying to think who would be in my WrestlingGAF Survivor Series team.

Net_Wrecker, of course
Nocturnowl
Plywood
FallingEdge
Maybe...Sephzilla too. DM can suck it.
Ooooh, do we get a cool team name?

Only lapsed fans on my team
Team Lapsed.

Top Bottom