• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

klonere

Banned
Absolutely need to find some time for ATTACK, this Halloween show might be a good start.
Main Event of Kirby and El Ligero as KO and Generico vs Pete Dunne and Nixon Newell as Joker and Harley

I follow Gonzalo Dan on twitter and he's always going about them and Fight Club Pro. Gotta check them out.

I watched Speedball Mike Bailey vs Kazusada Higuchi in the DNAGP finals. DNA is another DDT offshoot and sort of a developmental organization. It gets a lot of praise from puro nerds. It's a Hakata Star Lanes show, which made me realize that the Tivoli here in Dublin is setup nearly exactly the same way. Anyway match is shot on what could be described as an official fancam, with some brief cutaways to take in dives and on the floor action. Match itself is solid and getting to see Bailey's strikes up so close makes you realize he really lays them in and makes them look good. Recommended watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCqH5w3VO-A

The other thing I watched was a classic 1993 AJPW 6 man (Jun Akiyama/Kenta Kobashi/Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Akira Taue/Toshiaki Kawada/Yoshinari Ogawa) because my Kobashi shirt arrived in the mail today. It's a really cool fucking shirt. Anyway the match is predictably amazing, a breezy 25+ minutes that feels like it could go on forever and still be watchable. Highly recommended watch!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwpbsa8C2iSmd0dFUXpXWUgwYk0

Fight Club: PRO and ATTACK! are both great, well recommended and good value for money. The latest FCP was real good, Tyler Bate & Travis Banks had an excellent 2/3 falls match more people should be talking about.

when you know you dropped the most important person in the promotion on their fucking neck

H4bkZIs.png

Gno7EX6.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
as for Survivor Series 93

the first and last match carried the PPV because there was a rough ROUGH spot in the middle there... that bigelow match was absolute dog shit, I wanna keep my F's to matches that just don't belong in a wrestling ring and that was one of them

Rightly so. It's a weird PPV that's both very important (the real start of the Owen/Bret feud) and shows how bad off the roster is. They can barely fill one SS match with the top of the roster. The first match is fantastic though and the final match is memorable.

klonere

Banned
Fight Club: PRO and ATTACK! are both great, well recommended and good value for money. The latest FCP was real good, Tyler Bate & Travis Banks had an excellent 2/3 falls match more people should be talking about.

Two out of three falls? Sounds spicy will check out.

And yes, thanks for the gif. I screamed when that happened. Like, that's a near death right there.

Not as scary as Akebono doing...anything. There's a man who shouldn't be wrestling,

Now I love me some Nikki Cross friends, but I'm not sure her crazy act in sanity has convinced me thus far, she unfortunately just looks kinda silly.

This Angle/Benoit 30-minute submission match is kinda... meh.

It really is, gotta wait until you reach 2003 for the real Angle/Benoit throwdown.

Zach

Stay strong, the Kane event is just on the horizon!

Also you gotta see the DEEP story significance of Shane and the Beanstalk.
(aka: Shane gets his ridiculous shit in)

You talking about him falling from great heights?

Yeah. That was fine. I guess.

Recall

2003?! I don't even know if I can make it through this pay-per-view!

I'll even put money on it that by Vengeance 2001 you will have had enough of WWE to stop your grading journey.

Personally Wrestlemania X-7 is the peak and culmination of everything before it, everything after is WWE struggling to find its footing again.

Zach

So I should probably just stop. Right? I mean, I want to see the WCW guys (even if it's underwhelming), and Angle, and goofy Austin... but I dunno.

Recall

So I should probably just stop. Right? I mean, I want to see the WCW guys (even if it's underwhelming), and Angle, and goofy Austin... but I dunno.

Get through the Invasion stuff simply to get your final WCW send off and then you most likely won't want to carry on. Vengeance is a December PPV in 2001.

Sooooooooo many people stopped watching wrestling especially WWE after Mania 17, yeah you can cherry pick the odd little bits of enjoyable moments but so much is dire, lacklustre and underwhelming.

You love WCW and tolerate WWE, I'm not sure what else they offer that will capture your enjoyment but of course you know yourself better than any other, with what you do like and don't like so maybe I'm wrong.

Zach

Do you watch all of the WWE programming in addition to all of your hipster wrasslin' shows, Data West? How do you not lose your mind?

Recall

This is the Trump Era you have created, Biggest-Geek-Ever. America must suffer for her sins! The Gradez are just Big WrassleGAF waste! They dead!!

Zach did you cover all the ECW shows or did you skip the last few?

Maybe you can look at things out of order like maybe the two ECW/WWE One Night Stand shows?

Zach

Zach did you cover all the ECW shows or did you skip the last few?

Maybe you can look at things out of order like maybe the two ECW/WWE One Night Stand shows?

I graded every WCW/WWF/ECW PPV (and Clash) on the Network through WrestleMania 17.

I really don't think I'll grade anything else. I'll watch stuff and talk about it, but I'm not really feeling chronologically (or non-chronologically -- gross!) critiquing anything else. I don't want to watch these things beginning to end anymore, and I don't think it would be fair to grade without doing that.

Recall

I graded every WCW/WWF/ECW PPV (and Clash) on the Network through WrestleMania 17.

I really don't think I'll grade anything else. I'll watch stuff and talk about it, but I'm not really feeling chronologically (or non-chronologically -- gross!) critiquing anything else. I don't want to watch these things beginning to end anymore, and I don't think it would be fair to grade without doing that.

That's fair. Any chance we can have a look at how the ECW shows faired? I'm wondering how much you enjoyed Heatwave 98 against things like Massacre on 34th Street.

It was one hell of a journey Zach, well done.

Zach

Pfffft.

You just don't want to ever hand out an A!

I've thought about going back and watching the Curved A's to find a non-curved A and a GRAND CHAMPION A+.

I probably should leave the Gradez unmolested, though.

That's fair. Any chance we can have a look at how the ECW shows faired? I'm wondering how much you enjoyed Heatwave 98 against things like Massacre on 34th Street.

It was one hell of a journey Zach, well done.

Thank you. It was quite the commitment. And I always gave my honest opinion, even when Bluekaveli bawled into his hanky about it. :D

Here are the ECW shows:

81VUeTr.png

Not a huge fan. The trashiness brought it down for me a lot of the time.

Zach

My grades probably would've differed 15 years ago, but heeere we are.

Also notable -- and this probably wouldn't have moved the needle for me too much -- the Network versions don't have actual ECW themes, so that undermines the atmosphere.

Zach

We talking ECW? Weird. I just started ECW One Night Stand '05 last night. It's fun.

ECW One Night Stand '05 update: Mikey Whipwreck in contention for worst look ever. My god.

I watched some more ECW One Night Stand last night. I was expecting far worse commentary during the Awesome/Tanaka match. Styles lashed out for a minute at the beginning and maybe once more during the match, but I was expecting him to bad-mouth Awesome all match. Meh.

Anyway, that match was crazy and great. Don't get me wrong -- I don't think there's any place for that kind of match in 2015 and beyond, but it was fun in simpler times before Benoit killed his family and I saw League of Denial: The NFL's Concussion Crisis. Also, if that's how wrestling was all the time it would be boring... like if guys kicked out of finishers all the time or something, right?! HAHAHAHAHA. -_-

So yeah, fun event. I think I have one match to go.

I finished One Night Stand. JBL is the biggest douche ever for beating up the Blue F'ing Meanie. I mean, why ruin that guy's night? Pathetic and disgusting.

I'm glad WWE is so anti-bullying now. Yet that guy is on their main commentary team.

Is this the One Night Stand you're telling me to watch?

Recall

ECW is pretty good in its first few years but runs out of gas just as it starts getting popular in 1996.

1996 ECW is crazy fun. From the Cruiserweight matches to the controversial angles to Sabu and RVD tearing it up something fierce, to Jericho and Too Cold Scorpio being amazing too.

Zach can't stop now! just think of all the Smackdown exclusive brand split PPV events from 2003 to 2006 where they constantly struggled to fill a card as Raw tended to hog the talent even if using them worse....
Hang on this sounds really familiar...

Top Bottom