• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

klonere

Banned
well that match went places but the curse of the Thatcher flat finish continues. And I maintain it needed a double juice job to really get it over.

Syder

oPvbq77.gif
Wrestlers shouldn't wear jeans.

Joey sounded so out of touch even before he made that idiotic "joke", he just came across as part corporate shill, part edgy shithead. Then add in his unfamiliarity with the product, his lame fake laughter and forced banter with one of the best indie commentators out there who deserves better and was trying so hard in spite of Styles. Fuck, what an idiot.

To be fair, who has? Maybe RVD, although that may be a stretch since he's only ever been a pothead.

Ian Rotten. Successful independent businessman, sort of.

Boots got him fired!

Shit, wrestling twitter was "dragging" (did I use that right? That's what the kids say, isn't it?) Styles so hard for his general commentary I wouldn't have been surprised if Gabe didn't have him back again anyways.

Is that thing with Styles happening live? Is it over now or did he actually get fired while still live commentating?

Show finished a little while ago - Styles made the "joke" in a segment (after mentioning how unwise it was for the promoter to give him a live mic), then commentated the rest of the show. Twitter exploded and by the end of the main Joey had got pretty quiet. Lenny signed off the show by saying "pretty eventful night, huh Joey?", to which there was no response. Then Gabe tweeted that Joey had been fired.

Show finished a little while ago - Styles made the "joke" in a segment (after mentioning how unwise it was for the promoter to give him a live mic), then commentated the rest of the show. Twitter exploded and by the end of the main Joey had got pretty quiet. Lenny signed off the show by saying "pretty eventful night, huh Joey?", to which there was no response. Then Gabe tweeted that Joey had been fired.
I said goddamn.

I said goddamn.

He actively detracted from the commentary. Lenny Leonard's solo commentary was a good part of Evolve's presentation, and Styles just felt uninformed and out of touch. Bringing him in felt like a favor to a fellow ECW alumnus who just got fired, not an actual addition to the product.

RE: jeans
zandig.jpg

JEANSUS.

Cheers. Still thinking about getting one more streaming service. Think I'll leave it to January, will be able to see what DDT's doing then, and hopefuly flo will have fixed the sync issues by then so I can make a choice.

Khabib just cut a promo in russian to get the new york crowd to boo him as he fishes for a fight against conor

UFC fighters cutting better promos then wwf guys these days. Power of being nonscripted.

Can't they just put up a screen before the event starts that says "dude said something incredibly stupid, we fired his ass. You'll know it when you see it"!

I hope the edit just beeps or mutes what he says, rather then cutting tape.

imBask

Banned
Survivor Series 94

Team HBK vs Team Razor featuring Nash murdering people : B-
Team King vs Team Doink (midget gimmick match) : F
Bret Hart vs Bob Backlund (submission match) : D+
Backlund is trash
Million $ team vs Guts and Glory : D+
Yokozuna vs Undertaker (casket match) : B-

Average : C-

Tried to tell yall imbask wouldn't give out one F

yall getting tricked into following along with his review reviews when the ending has already been shown in theaters

imBask

Banned
WCW Uncensored 95

King of the road match omg what the fuck is going on : F
Ming vs HACKsaw (martial art match) : F
Johnny B Badd (now a boxer apparently) vs Arn : F
Macho Man vs Avalanche : D
The Vigilante Sting vs some big guy : D+
Harlem Heat vs Nasty Boyz : F
Hogan vs Vader (leather strap match) : D-

Average : D- but i'll give it an arbitrary F, absolute shit top to bottom
#ZachWasRight