• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Oh man, you don't even have to pay lol, just put in your payment details and they charge you in Feburary.

I'll cancel after the rumble. Don't want to set the cancellation now in case they revoke the trial.

Just got the email, trial isn't being revoked. You have until the 21st of this month to take advantage of the deal

CU78C9fWoAAO5bj.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09rKczdBh6o

He's already ready to fight Lesnar.

SHOOT:

NXT's 'flavor of the month' title booking has completely sunk that promotion for me.
"This person holds it forever until they get called up, then loses twice and wastes months on an inevitability" That's good long-term storytelling dude, really makes the belts mean something

imBask

Banned
"This person holds it forever until they get called up, then loses twice and wastes months on an inevitability" That's good long-term storytelling dude, really makes the belts mean something

I prefered the "this NXT guy wins the main belt by being great at everything and then gets booked behind a middle aged wrestler for 4 months" storyline

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
NXT is an indie supershow. And like the other indie supershow it rips offerr i mean was inspired by, PWG, they discovered the secret.

The boys in the Bullet Club shirts don't need a storyline. They don't need a feud. They just need an exhibition where they can see all their favorite wreslters hit lots of moves. And the occasional meme wrestler to get behind. Like shit on the Thatcher stuff, it was boring, but at least Evolve was TRYING something.

To follow up

Neville v Sami Zayn is probably the best thing NXT has ever done, and it's crazy how I'm saying that about a fucking creamsicle like Neville.

Sephzilla

Sami Zayn is probably the best thing NXT has ever done

You could probably just leave it at that, honestly. But yeah, Zayn vs Neville was easily the best story NXT ever had. It also got bonus points for ending with the Kevin Owens betrayal, which shook fucking everyone because it took place after the copyright stuff popped up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You could probably just leave it at that, honestly. But yeah, Zayn vs Neville was easily the best story NXT ever had. It also got bonus points for ending with the Kevin Owens betrayal, which shook fucking everyone because it took place after the copyright stuff popped up.

I think they did way more with Neville than they did with Zayn.

I'd say Joe's career resurgence was more than they did with Zayn. Even if it was just used to fed to Triple H's newest toy.

Did we get a confirmation on if there was gonna be and E&C season 2? because I'm finally catching up and its basically the best new thing to come from the network.

Seeing Sasha Banks as Sasha Trump is certainly something after recent events.

Sephzilla

I think they did way more with Neville than they did with Zayn.

I'd say Joe's career resurgence was more than they did with Zayn. Even if it was just used to fed to Triple H's newest toy.

I'm not sure about that. Neville was the most boring NXT Champ ever until the Zayn feud started. Also, it didn't help that Zayn got hurt not long after winning the NXT Championship. Samoa Joe's complete revival though, yeah, I'd put that above Zayn for sure. I wasn't that hot on Joe when he first showed up but god damn, he's the best monster heel in the company.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
why is the observer reporting on wwe wanting mcgregor?

'wwe wants pop culture bigshot involved in combat sports' is about as obvious as me saying 'nfl very interested in good high school football player'

subscribe to my newsletter

Zach

I went to cancel the Network to try to finagle this three-month trial thing and it told me I could have one month free.

Good enough.

(For now.)

Heroman

Banned
It's kind of crazy how few WWE-grown NXT Champs there have been.
  • Big E Langston
  • Bo Dallas
The NXT Women's Title has way more home-grown champs
Because wwe is terrible at building new stars, and the reason why the women are home grown is that Indy since for them is small when compared to men.

I admire McGregor with this gimmick because he's gonna keep saying no until WWE offer a ridiculous amount of money his way and then give in.

It's kind of crazy how few WWE-grown NXT Champs there have been.
  • Big E Langston
  • Bo Dallas
The NXT Women's Title has way more home-grown champs
Is it not just Charlotte for home-grown champs? Sasha, Paige, Bayley and Asuka all have had pre-WWE careers, albeit a few of them weren't as well-known as the male non-home grown champs.

The events of the last few days have been just cause to take a look at the state of professional wrestling. The art form that I love, and have dedicated my entire adult life to, is embarrassingly behind the times. It is beholden to outdated tenets that threaten to render it...obsolete at worst, and a punchline at best.

I know there are others, influential and celebrated, that imagine pro-wrestling to be a bubble in which the social norms from a bygone era are still relevant and valid. At CHIKARA, we rail against them, and those ideals, with everything we make. It is one thing to speak, to voice an opinion. It is one thing to call for change, to wish for change, to imagine how that change might come about. It is another thing to make it. At CHIKARA, we make it happen. It doesn’t matter to us in the least how many people show up to see it, or how many people recognize it for what it is. Our mantra is not about critical acclaim or pats on the back: “We believe pro-wrestling should be fun. That’s why we make it for everyone.”

Effective today, we are terminating our relationship with Joey Styles. Effective today, we are instituting a zero tolerance policy for misogynistic, racist, and/or homophobic speech, written or verbal, whether it’s directed toward our cast, our crew, or our patrons. This is the shape of CHIKARA.

To all that craft and shape pro-wrestling, we must fully understand this: the patrons of our art form demand more of us. It is to them - those that empower us to create the larger-than-life spectacle of professional wrestling - that we are beholden. Not to an archaic sub-culture made up of turn-of-the-last-century carny values.

The time for us to do away with antiquated and insulting vocabulary, like the term “mark,” is right now.

The time for us to relinquish any last vestige of power we’ve given to outmoded wrestling rhetoric is right now.

The time for us to draw a line in the sand, and to say this is where we stand on equality and integration in our art form, is right now.

The patrons of our amazing art form deserve not just our respect, but our thoughtful presence of mind in 2016 and beyond. We owe nothing to “the business.” The people our antecedents called “marks” are not handing us their dollars because they fail to understand what it is we truly make - they support us in spite of it. They come because they know our kind of live entertainment is a viable art form, not some midway hustle. They come for an inclusive experience where they can be bolstered by a passionate community of like-minded fans.

At CHIKARA, we love pro-wrestling every bit as much as our fans do. We love it so much, we want it to change. Let’s take a step toward a world where we need not be subject to any type of hate speech, and that the only violence we witness is of the neatly choreographed variety.

- MQ

Mad fucking respect to Quack

Sephzilla

Is it not just Charlotte for home-grown champs? Sasha, Paige, Bayley and Asuka all have had pre-WWE careers, albeit a few of them weren't as well-known as the male non-home grown champs.

Fuck, I actually forgot Sasha and Bayley ran in the indies for a couple of years. I think you could make the argument that most of their growth and development happened once they got to NXT though. Especially Sasha when you compare how she was when she started in NXT.

I admire McGregor with this gimmick because he's gonna keep saying no until WWE offer a ridiculous amount of money his way and then give in.

Sasha didn't really have indy buzz, I'd say they can have Sasha. Bayley also changed a lot.

Zach

I'd wear a better designed Bayley shirt. But they all a little creepy.

I think I'm over wrestling, though. NXT Dallas was my WrestleMania X-7. It was great fun, but I haven't even been watching NXT for a couple months.

The quote should say 'fook WrestleMania'

I'd wince more if I saw a Roman Reigns or Dean Ambrose shirt out in the wild. At the very least, and this is scraping at the bottom of the barrel to justify this, a Bayley shirt means they like someone who has talent.

Roman has talent though. Your penchant for viewing talent is busted since you enjoyed NuRobocop.

Top Bottom