• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

imBask

Banned
I only watched the final segment last night

again KO looked like a chump behind Roman. His reign is a fucking booking disaster and I feel bad for him

Watch AJ stand tall tonight to prove that they absolutely don't care about KO and his championship

Zach

I watched the State of the Whatevz because you guys were freaking out about it. Seems like what they've been doing for a while now. Yawn.

Anth0ny

really hoping vader is just being a carny and tweeting that to get some attention

if it's true, :(

I watched the State of the Whatevz because you guys were freaking out about it. Seems like what they've been doing for a while now. Yawn.

you're just not a shooter, Zach.

ZmhbQ3t.png

https://www.facebook.com/mickieljames/posts/1640214492670850

klonere

Banned
I mean I'm happy he got fired but that stupid comment of his is overshadowing how fucking awful Joey Styles is at his job as a commentator, broadcaster and personality.

Let me re-iterate: Joey Style was so bad at Evolve 72, he deserved to be fired for that alone, regardless of any tasteless repartees. Stop hiring a talentless relic, a hack who is only good when he has Paul Heyman scribbling up notes for him during tapings.

klonere

Banned
I mean I'm happy he got fired but that stupid comment of his is overshadowing how fucking awful Joey Styles is at his job as a commentator, broadcaster and personality.

Let me re-iterate: Joey Style was so bad at Evolve 72, he deserved to be fired for that alone, regardless of any tasteless repartees. Stop hiring a talentless relic, a hack who is only good when he has Paul Heyman scribbling up notes for him during tapings.

Quoting this for a new page

eIuppPH.gif

Decided to watch this State of WWE thing on WWE Network and holy shit Daniel Bryan continues to be great by shooting on Mick Foley. Even a TNA mention!

klonere

Banned
Ok, so if Kayfabe is completely dead for WWE how do they begin to adjust?

they had a group called the J.O.B Squad who openly talked about being jobbers and how they in it merely because they got paid to lose.

this was during wrestling's boom period, kayfabe has been dead a long fucking time

Mahonay

Banned
Ok, so if Kayfabe is completely dead for WWE how do they begin to adjust?
Booking better stories that have logical builds. They have already adjusted on Smackdown. The former NXT writer understands how to make people invested in wrestling stories in 2016.

RAW keeps getting further away from this. It would seem the RAW staff are firmly in the belief that if we tell you this is a big deal, you will just instantly believe it, and there for we are not even going to bother plotting out a story that actually has a progressesion. The List is the only thing people care about on that show, everything else is absolutely meaningless.

I think the thing I liked about Joey Styles in the ECW days was that he seemed like a huge nerd amongst the gnarliest of the gnar.

Edit: Speaking of CZW, isn't today the day the Vice doc gets posted?

Pikma

Banned
Booking better stories that have logical builds. They have already adjusted on Smackdown. The former NXT writer understands how to make people invested in wrestling stories in 2016.

RAW keeps getting further away from this. It would seem the RAW staff are firmly in the belief that if we tell you this is a big deal, you will just instantly believe it, and there for we are not even going to bother plotting out a story that actually has a progressesion. The List is the only thing people care about on that show, everything else is absolutely meaningless.
To be fair everything surrounding Braun has been decent so far

klonere

Banned
Am I wrong wanting The Miz to win tonight just to see a better match at SS?

It'd have 100% more heat if Miz wins that's for sure. A Sami/Miz program would be LIT JOHN.

But I hope the honorable champion Kalisto beats crazy hippie dive taker Kendrick and brings the Cruiserweights to Team Blue.

Kaladin

I think the thing I liked about Joey Styles in the ECW days was that he seemed like a huge nerd amongst the gnarliest of the gnar.

Edit: Speaking of CZW, isn't today the day the Vice doc gets posted?

True, in ECW Joey Styles came off as a wrestling nerd that knew the names of every move during a time when a lot of commentary didn't.

Anth0ny

Miz vs Sami

Miz cuts ONE promo on that bingo hall jabroni and I have 100000x more interest in the match than a Ziggler/Sami match

klonere

Banned
Miz vs Sami

Miz cuts ONE promo on that bingo hall jabroni and I have 100000x more interest in the match than a Ziggler/Sami match

Miz could bring out that fire that Sami has been missing since NXT, yup.

Especially since Sami is like, the definitive bingo hall guy on the active roster imo.

Anth0ny

Miz could bring out that fire that Sami has been missing since NXT, yup.

Especially since Sami is like, the definitive bingo hall guy on the active roster imo.

Exactly. The story writes itself.

So it'll probably be Ziggler/Zayn on Sunday with Ziggler going over clean because reasons

Taker's gonna come out to Rollin tonight and DM is finally going to realize that this year and this forum are all just a really bad dream he's having and can't wake from

Do you really want Sami doing his flip to the outside of the ring against Miz though? And I say this as a huge Miz fan
I wanting Miz more like klonere said. The heat and promo build up would make it a worth watch. Right now it feels like a bathroom break or preshow with Ziggler in it.

Top Bottom