• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Anth0ny

tonight's the start of 4 commentators on smackdown, right?

fookin hell

how many times are we gonna hear MEGA MATCH THE FANTASY IS NOW A REALITY

I'm thinking 15 times.

I like Ellsworth but fuck off to people who want him to superkick Braun which sends him down for a three-count. The only interaction they should have is Braun beating the shit out of him outside the ring that both gets him counted out and takes Ellsworth out until a surprise rumble return.

Mahonay

Banned
tonight's the start of 4 commentators on smackdown, right?

fookin hell

how many times are we gonna hear MEGA MATCH THE FANTASY IS NOW A REALITY

I'm thinking 15 times.
It seems obvious they are beginning to phase one of them out by bringing in a 4th. Hopefully Otunga.

Hasney

I like Ellsworth but fuck off to people who want him to superkick Braun which sends him down for a three-count. The only interaction they should have is Braun beating the shit out of him outside the ring that both gets him counted out and takes Ellsworth out until a surprise rumble return.

Screw that. No chin music a steel chair to his head.

Tom Philips is a play by play guy, who else own smackdown is play by play guy?

Mauro Ranallo. But that would be dumb...

OK, so it's happening.

Mahonay

Banned
Ellsworth getting murdered is part of the gimmick. Braun will probably annihilate him, then Ellsworth will a score an elimination when Dean throws his limp corpse on top of someone for a pin.

#Shoot: Phillips is as dry as a desert when there isn't Graves around to insult him. When he's the bland everyday guy to someone like Graves it's great but every other time I see him I can drift to sleep.

Ellsworth getting murdered is part of the gimmick. Braun will probably annihilate him, then Ellsworth will a score an elimination when Dean throws his limp corpse on top of someone for a pin.
Isn't he just the mascot? He isn't in the actual match.

Mahonay

Banned
Cole is garbage. Gimme that sweet, sweet NXT duo of Philips/Graves. Unbeatable.
Those two together are great because they just do shit on the fly and try to make each other laugh. Can't be having that when Vince's number one concern is that you to stick to a list of pre-approved verbiage and tag lines.
#Shoot: Phillips is as dry as a desert when there isn't Graves around to insult him. When he's the bland everyday guy to someone like Graves it's great but every other time I see him I can drift to sleep.

Isn't he just the mascot? He isn't in the actual match.
Oh yeah. Then nevermind.

Pikma

Banned
Additional punishments for Sin Cara after his fight with Chris Jericho included being "exiled" to SmackDown for the remainder of the U.K. tour and being forced to drive to Buffalo after he was barred from the company plane.
What kind of shit punishments are those? And why the fuck do they need punishments, why not offer to help the guy with his anger issues

Sephzilla

Vince was the best play-by-play of all time, fight me

Okay

piperbagwell05.gif

Gorilla Monsoon, Jim Ross, and Tony Schiavone were easily better than Vince. I think Cole is too. Vince's main problem was that he never knew how to announce without using his blatantly obvious over-acting voice. Vince always came off extremely artificial.

Caderfix

I'm watching RAW right now. So far it's entertaining, but the booking of the first match with Reigns going over everyone made my eyes roll... Also, I wish Braun used the scarf.

Sephzilla

you do know it's fake right?

they're all artificial that's the point

early JR was the wooooooooooooooooorst. Later JR was great

Of course they're all fake. But Gorilla, JR, and Tony for the most part helped maintain a suspension of disbelief that what you're watching was supposed to be "real". Like, yeah, everything is fake but the on-air product was supposed to be a "wrestling" product.

Vince was bad mostly because he couldn't maintain that suspension of disbelief.

Sephzilla

You wanna know the worst announcing duo of all time? Vince McMahon and Jerry Lawler. Vince was so bad he brought down the only time Lawler was a good heel color guy.

Mahonay

Banned
i'm talking earlier than that, he was kinda lifeless and his voice was monotone as hell compared to Vince who was going bananas with his fake voice
I liked Ross in WCW. Not as good as what he'd go on to do, but it was still solid.

Vince could be great at times, but he was fucking atrocious for the majority.

JR's overall output makes Vince's look like hot garbage in comparison.

Kaladin

You wanna know the worst announcing duo of all time? Vince McMahon and Jerry Lawler. Vince was so bad he brought down the only time Lawler was a good heel color guy.

I liked Vince as a commentator, but Jerry could get annoying and Vince didn't have the ability to rein him in like he does others. Most of the feud with Jake was unbearable because Jerry would be constantly on him with the same lines over and over and over to the point that I got annoyed with it.

Sephzilla

New Generation Heel Lawler is the only time he was good on commentary. From the Attitude Era onward he was fucking awful. I actually didn't mind Taz as a Smackdown announcer. Well, I guess compared to Lawler or Vince at least.

YOU FUCKED UP
YOU FUCKED UP

So are quick back and forth title changes Gedo's new thing? Naito/Okada, Bushi/Kushida and now EVIL/Shibata?

Seems to be an LIJ thing, maybe Gedo wants to give them the rub by giving them the belts but doesn't actually want LIJ to keep them? I dunno...

I kinda always liked Lord Alfred on commentary. He wasn't exactly good, as such, more bad...but I liked the way he'd get very Britishly outraged at whatever shit Jesse was peddling.

I kinda always liked Lord Alfred on commentary. He wasn't exactly good, as such, more bad...but I liked the way he'd get very Britishly outraged at whatever shit Jesse was peddling.

My first memory of wrestling was watching the Coliseum tape WWF's Most Unusual Matches & Best Wrestlemania Matches

It had the ladder match with Bret/HBK and Alfred was freaking out the whole time. AND the Mania one had a redub with Gorilla and Alfred I think

Also Boots you should sell your GIFs on eBay

Top Bottom