• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

galvatron

Isn't Shawn a shit teacher?

Probably mediocre as an introductory instructor.

Still, when people need some polish before hitting Raw or Smackdown, I'd imagine a practice match with him in front of the NXT locker room would give him a baseline on someone's abilities and easily pinpoint where they could improve or what moves don't work for whatever reason.

If he prevents one bad buckle bomb-like situation he'll have paid for himself :\

Verendus

Banned
You're telling me Undertaker returned, and he's not in Team Smackdown? No Joan Cena. No Undertaker. What is even going on here friends? They could've at least put Deaderman in there so Roman could pin him as the last elimination of the match.

Using this for the Kalisto/Kendrick match
OnHOp6n.png

That news piece is a really vague interpretation of what Meltzer wrote, so here is the specific piece he wrote.

Here is the situation roughly regarding Shawn Michaels and the Performance Center. As noted last week, Matt Bloom is still the head coach there and as best we can tell, there are no plans to change that. There’s a lot of writing of reports and setting up schedules and stuff that goes with the head coach job and it’s not to say Michaels couldn’t do it, but those close to the situation as well as friends of his don’t think it would be a good fit. They are trying to do a structure that’s still in the making but it was told to us it’s something like this. Bloom and Regal would remain in their positions. Norman Smiley would be a guy to teach guys how to execute moves. They would be hiring a psychology coach, which would no doubt be a veteran wrestler. Terry Taylor’s role would be “finishing” in the sense to put the final touches on the guys who are at the advanced level. Michaels’ job figures to be along the lines of the bridge between NXT and the main roster, in the sense he’d have however many guys, a half a dozen or so, depending on the situation, but it would be the guys they expect to call up over the next six months and Michaels would work exclusively with them to get them ready for Raw and Smackdown. He’d also recommend who needs more time and who is ready. In the past, the company has brought up some impressively looking guys early, given them big pushes and in some cases it has worked out well while in other cases it hasn’t, then they give up on them and you never hear about the guys again, or by the time they’re ready like a Chris Masters or a Drew Galloway, they’ve already been destroyed by the booking.

Pikma

Banned
The Drifter's overall move execution is flawless, probably one of the best in NXT, he just needs to fucking learn what to do between one spot and the other

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Liv Morgan and that other girl are a MESS, holy fuck, if they don't have anyone better than those two girls in the PC, then fucking close it and burn it down, that shit is clearly not working at all
All of them were horrible until Ember came out.

Feels like they're getting a bit ahead of themselves announcing this already.

World Wrestling Entertainment is planning the biggest week of WWE events in Houston history. Survivor Series, one of its "Big Four" spectaculars of the year, will be held at Toyota Center on Nov. 19, 2017.

Tickets will go on sale 10 a.m. Dec. 9 at wwe.com and houstontoyotacenter.com.

This will be the 30th anniversary edition of Survivor Series, so expect a superstar-packed lineup of matches. Like a dutiful husband, WWE never forgets an important anniversary.

It's not just Survivor Series coming to Houston. It will be an unprecedented four consecutive nights of WWE shows at Toyota Center, all expected to draw sold-out crowds.

"NXT Takeover," featuring WWE stars of tomorrow, will be held Saturday night, Nov. 18. Then Survivor Series on Sunday, followed by "Monday Night Raw" and "SmackDown Live."

Ticket information for the "NXT" show, "Raw" and "SmackDown Live" will be announced soon.

Out-of-towners will get a jump on purchasing Survivor Series tickets. Travel packages to Houston, including tickets to all Survivor Series events, will go on sale 11 a.m. Dec. 6. Click on survivorseriestravel.com.

"There is amazing heritage and history in WWE's relationship with Houston and all of Texas. We are excited to work with key stakeholders in Houston to positively leverage that important heritage and build a strong Survivor Series weekend and celebration," said John Saboor, WWE's executive vice president of special events.

What Saboor was trying to say ... Houston has an unrivaled legacy of hell-raising wrestling action and incredible fans, and that's why we're getting the Survivor Series extravaganza.

Survivor Series will be the grandest WWE event in Houston since WrestleMania 25 was held in NRG Stadium in 2009. That one-day show drew 72,000 fans from all 50 states and 24 countries, cha-chinging local cash registers to the tune of $50 million.

This year's Survivor Series will be held Sunday at Air Canada Centre in Toronto. Fans can watch the event by subscribing to the WWE Network. They're offering a free 30-day trial for new subscribers.

The main event has Brock Lesnar facing the challenge of Goldberg, who is returning to the mat wars after a 12-year absence.

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/article/WWE-announces-Survivor-Series-for-Houston-10618215.php

Pikma

Banned
I prefer Andrade as a heel but fuuuuuuuck get rid of that stupid fedora

He also changed his finishing move, which is totally the right move

ReiGun

Liv Morgan and that other girl are a MESS, holy fuck, if they don't have anyone better than those two girls in the PC, then fucking close it and burn it down, that shit is clearly not working at all

Yeah I don't know who is training the current crop of women, but they need to have their pay docked or something. Even judging them on the "It's developmental" curve that segment was bad.

And to their credit, they are clearly invested in all these women and giving them a chance. But outside of Ember, they have a looooooooong way to go.

Pikma

Banned
No wonder they're doing that rumored women tournament, they have what? 6-7 women on each brand and they have 2, maybe 3, capable girls in NXT and... that's it

rrc1594

My interest in WWE is at a all-time low feels like 2006-2006 all over for me. Since WM season is coming up maybe I'll get more invested. Like Raw is bad like really bad, it is hot garbage How can Vince watch Raw then SD a see clear difference in the product. Why is KO a coward heel?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My interest in WWE is at a all-time low feels like 2006-2006 all over for me. Since WM season is coming up maybe I'll get more invested. Like Raw is bad like really bad, it is hot garbage How can Vince watch Raw then SD a see clear difference in the product. Why is KO a coward heel?

arent all WWE heels always cowards?

klonere

Banned
What will age worse?

DX segments (lets exclude the blackface one for the sake of argument because that's just unfair)

or

New Day segments

Recall

For the last 4 years WWE booking has made zero sense especially at Mania. Nothing is built up it's just stuff for stuff sake that has zero impact.

The whole use of Undertaker has meant zero since Brock killed him but yet he is still a massive draw. I guess that's why booking means zero, people still buy tickets regardless.

asuka
ember
nikki

are all great

the aussie girls had indy rep

also everyone who came before

they've also got that women's tournament coming up, they're restocking.

told you hero and ishii had a pwg main event: big dave actually watched it

Chris Hero beat Tomohiro Ishii in an amazing match. I saw it and it was ****½. Hero is a guy who can go with guys of so many different styles and have close to the best match possible at that style. As good as this match looked on paper when it was first announced, it was actually better. It was also the perfect crowd for this type of match.

Jamie OD

For the last 4 years WWE booking has made zero sense especially at Mania. Nothing is built up it's just stuff for stuff sake that has zero impact.

The whole use of Undertaker has meant zero since Brock killed him but yet he is still a massive draw. I guess that's why booking means zero, people still buy tickets regardless.

It's a "moment" business now. All the results from Mania this year can be ignored because you just need to remember Shane diving off the cell. Fans chant "you deserve it" at every title change. Seth Rollins was booked so weak for most of his title run but some think he was an awesome heel because of that one time he threatened to break Edge's neck unless Cena brought the Authority back.

Recall

It's a "moment" business now. All the results from Mania this year can be ignored because you just need to remember Shane diving off the cell. Fans chant "you deserve it" at every title change. Seth Rollins was booked so weak for most of his title run but some think he was an awesome heel because of that one time he threatened to break Edge's neck unless Cena brought the Authority back.

It's all so.....crap.

There is nothing to be invested in. I think it's why I loved CWC so much, every episode had a reason, there was drama and I wanted to see what happened next.

Everything in the main roster is just instantly forgettable month to month no matter how hard I try to find the positives it presents.

Recall

I think I'm done with NJPW World. There is far too much junior stuff missing from 1992-1997 and I really don't like how hard it is to find events/matches etc.

Having to use a spreadsheet from a community member is not what I want.

It was a fine novelty but I'm done now.

Dick Togo vs Chris Hero at EVOLVE 74!! Hot damn. Actual dream match.

I think I'm done with NJPW World. There is far too much junior stuff missing from 1992-1997 and I really don't like how hard it is to find events/matches etc.

If all you were there for was the archive, that' understandable.

So I watched that Aja Kong v Bull Nakano cage match last night and HOLY SHIT THAT FUCKING LEG DROP.

Are you not interested in the current stuff?

Love it when you don't know how much of it is work and how much is shoot. I sense real animosity between tana and naito

I think there's some real resentment there, not with Tanahashi but more with NJPW. Naito was pinpointed to be the heir apparent to Tanahashi, but he got hurt. Rather than wait for him, they plugged Okada in and had him win the title one month after his return, and now he's the ace.

Recall

So I watched that Aja Kong v Bull Nakano cage match last night and HOLY SHIT THAT FUCKING LEG DROP.

Are you not interested in the current stuff?

Tell me how I can easily find the current stuff?

Power Struggle is on there as the full show for both language commentary then broke down match by match with both commentary taking up 4 pages of searching then there is random stuff.

It's a cluttered mess.

I never watched power struggle, I want to now but it's a bastard hassle finding it all.

klonere

Banned
Tell me how I can easily find the current stuff?

Power Struggle is on there as the full show for both language commentary then broke down match by match with both commentary taking up 4 pages of searching then there is random stuff.

It's a cluttered mess.

I never watched power struggle, I want to now but it's a bastard hassle finding it all.

Every event chronologically, scroll down for fun times! Use the translate to English function as well.

http://njpwworld.com/series

Generally I just use the full VOD version and scrub through manually.

Top Bottom