• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Tell me how I can easily find the current stuff?

Power Struggle is on there as the full show for both language commentary then broke down match by match with both commentary taking up 4 pages of searching then there is random stuff.

It's a cluttered mess.

I never watched power struggle, I want to now but it's a bastard hassle finding it all.
I've never had much of a problem with it, if I want to watch a show I just look at the schedule or if I know it's in English I just click the English Commentary tab. When they upload the individual matches I tend to look by wrestler.

I'll admit that searching for old stuff is a pain.

Recall

All the stuff's in reverse order, for some reason - so if you want to watch the individual matches go to the bottom of page 2, then work your way up. However, the very top video on the Power Struggle page is the full PPV presentation in one video;

http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00408_1_1

Youre a thousand more times helpful than anything else on that NJPW World homepage. Thank you

Every event chronologically, scroll down for fun times! Use the translate to English function as well.

http://njpwworld.com/series

Generally I just use the full VOD version and scrub through manually.

Now that is perfect. saved that to my homescreen.

Caderfix

New Days has been boring for a long time and already feels pretty old, but when I think of DX I think of 12 year old kids trying to be "cool", that's how I'd describe their promos and stupid actions.

Both would be very painful to revisit, but I think the New Day would be the least awful of the two.

Fuck DX.

klonere

Banned
No one will remember the New Day

no one

There's too much merch for them to be forgotten

Imagine digging out your New Day "Booty-Os" t-shirt in 10 years while searching for a loved ones memento, instead finding nothing but more and more merch as you collapse in a heap on the floor, weeping at how much a disgrace you a-

yeah, something like that

New Days has been boring for a long time and already feels pretty old, but when I think of DX I think of 12 year old kids trying to be "cool", that's how I'd describe their promos and stupid actions.

Both would be very painful to revisit, but I think the New Day would be the least awful of the two.

Fuck DX.

Fuuuuck DX.

But Xpac is still getting pops in 2016 for doing SUCK IT so idk

Sephzilla

What will age worse?

DX segments (lets exclude the blackface one for the sake of argument because that's just unfair)

or

New Day segments

DX segments, easily. Mostly because of how 90s and juvenile they are. New Day's stuff will probably age poorly and look a bit juvenile 10 years from now, but at least their stuff is mostly pop-culture references while DX is mostly cringe worthy edgelord shit.

toUq9An.gif

source!?

Caderfix

Fuuuuck DX

But Xpac is still getting pops in 2016 for doing SUCK IT so idk

I'm sure a bunch of people would cheer like crazy if bra and panties matches were brought back, but still, such match should have never existed in the first place, just like DX.

Sephzilla

97-98 DX act like what Hollywood believes fratboys act like. Plus, I think it's stupid for a couple of guys in their 30s to act like 17 year olds as their gimmick. Even if it was cool at the time.

The newspaper articles that always come out showing fratboys making asses of themselves kinda bear it out though

I can't speak from experience because british uni's don't have frats. I went to comic shops and arcades LIKE A GEEK when I was at uni

klonere

Banned
I think DX were more in touch with the cultural zeitgeist of the time than the New Day.

Which says a lot about how awful the 90s were. Then again, we don't have the same perspective on the current stuff, obviously.

Anth0ny

how sad is it that wrestlemania is so mainstream that it's basically non canon at this point

nonsensical finishes and stipulations that mean nothing because so many people watch only on that night

the following raws/ppv have to basically undo it for the storylines to continue like normal

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
What will age worse?

DX segments (lets exclude the blackface one for the sake of argument because that's just unfair)

or

New Day segments

New Day segments. Mainly just because its full of very current references that won't age well. DX is juvenile as hell, but it always was.

imBask

Banned
I love how everyone's complaining about DX being "juvenile" and "edgy" when we all watch a show aimed at 10 year old kids every week

Be real, i'm pretty sur if HHH wasn't in DX you would all own DX shirts. Buncha jabronis I tell ya

Checked the Survivor Series card, and there are only six matches. Not to mention, Shane McMahon is now in Team Smackdown.

I remember reading here this PPV is four hours, so this naturally must mean I'm going to get my wish of the main Team Raw vs. Team Smackdown match being a fifty minute affair, aren't I? There's no way it's a twenty minute match, and they somehow waste all of the time on the PPV with filler segments and promos.

Odds are surely in my favour right now.

The Kickoff show is two hours as well and we haven't even heard of any kickoff matches. They have a lot of time and what seems like not much content.

Colby Corino just announced he'll be heading to the NJPW dojo in January. Haku's youngest son Hikule'o also starts in January. Been impressed with what I've seen of Colby, he's pretty technically sound and kinda crazy. Hikule'o has only just debuted, but looked good and is very tall, bigger than Fale even.

Not sure if there'll be any more additions, but that's now 7 dojo talents with Hirai Kawato, Teruaki Kanemitsu and Henare, plus the yet to debut Katsuya Kitamura & Tomoyuki Oka.

klonere

Banned
Colby Corino just announced he'll be heading to the NJPW dojo in January. Haku's youngest son Hikule'o also starts in January. Been impressed with what I've seen of Colby, he's pretty technically sound and kinda crazy. Hikule'o has only just debuted, but looked good and is very tall, bigger than Fale even.

Not sure if there'll be any more additions, but that's now 7 dojo talents with Hirai Kawato, Teruaki Kanemitsu and Henare, plus the yet to debut Katsuya Kitamura & Tomoyuki Oka.

Let's see if Colby can become the Generation Ace. He's going to have a leg up on the other dojo guys, he's worked a ton relatively, been on national TV and has had a few great matches.

Vince calling Haku right now

Aiii

So not worth it
Hell, Goldberg is returning on Sunday and I can't even give a shit about that anymore. Don't feel bad, Seph.

imBask

Banned
I legit don't know who Mickie James is, like not in a kayfabe imbask way, I just don't know who she is and got really confused when she challenged Asuka

Top Bottom