• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

XMm7qNU.jpg

In a couple of days, one of these men will be suspended above the ring in a cage due to a stipulation on a WWE show in 2016.

Anth0ny

that Mania 32 gate is actually incredible

I wonder if they can top it this year. obviously they won't be in a stadium as large but they'll pump up the ticket prices, no doubt.

Jesus CHRIST at that Manny v Floyd gate

if I recall, ring side tickets were $250,000

fucking everyone was there. Jordan, Magic, Tom Brady... list never ends.

Cxen4yZUcAAE7Fx.jpg

#AllHail #KingofKings #BigDog #RomanEmpire #RealDraws
#ShaneOMac

That's the reason vince wants shane vs brock at mania.

It's silly though, because the gate was so big because Shane had been away for ages. Although he's still one of the most over guys in the wwf (behind only daniel bryan), it's not going to be anywhere near as big a deal as his return match.

They should do the angle where he brings Joe in to be his proxy.

Kaladin

The fact that it sells huge #'s well in advance of anything being announced tells you that Wrestlemania is more of a draw than Roman, HHH or any wrestler.

Speaking of Floyd, it still absolutely astounds me that not only did he do stuff at Mania, he had a full match where:

Show stomped on his hand
chopped the shit out of him
HE TOOK BUMPS (?!!??!?!!)

Sephzilla

may vs pac was years too late.

What a match it would have been with pac in his prime. Ended up a lame money match like tyson/lewis.

Mayweather was never going to fight Pac while Pac was in his prime. Mayweather's most expert dodging happened outside the ring.

Speaking of Floyd, it still absolutely astounds me that not only did he do stuff at Mania, he had a full match where:

Show stomped on his hand

Between both that match and the Stephen Amell match, I was surprised how many bumps both of them took.

Kaladin

Show stomped on his hand

Floyd would have made a great wrestling personality. He gets the larger than life aspect of the business.

Sephzilla

Floyd would have made a great wrestling personality. He gets the larger than life aspect of the business.

Both Floyd and Conor McGregor would be amazing wrestling personalities. But why bother doing that when you can do the same thing in boxing or UFC and make way more bank.

Between both that match and the Stephen Amell match, I was surprised how many bumps both of them took.

Amell I get because I think he likes wrestling and wanted to try it as a bucket list thing with Cody's help, but Floyd is straight up a hundred million dollar dude, the franchise, etc etc etc

His Mania payout was worked to shit so it wasn't for the actual money either

He's a shooter and worker

Blows my goddamn mind. Floyd could've just not done shit but he went all in

Kaladin

Both Floyd and Conor McGregor would be amazing wrestling personalities. But why bother doing that when you can do the same thing in boxing or UFC and make way more bank.

While true, I feel like wrestling as a whole is looked at more favorably than boxing and UFC. Boxing isn't what it used to be at all despite the huge #s for Floyd vs Manny, and the UFC is big but at the same time they're not that big outside of the MMA bubble.

Anth0ny

floyd and connor are better workers than real workers

and that's a shoot

floyd/connor is going to be fucking massive when it happens

While true, I feel like wrestling as a whole is looked at more favorably than boxing and UFC. Boxing isn't what it used to be at all despite the huge #s for Floyd vs Manny, and the UFC is big but at the same time they're not that big outside of the MMA bubble.

tumblr_ogrmbolGDd1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Sephzilla

Floyd/Connor is never happening.

yeah, and that's why the irish prick is trying the same thing

Is Conor actually doing it or is it just people in his camp? Considering Conor's last fight went Mayweather-tier in money I don't think he needs to actually fight Floyd

klonere

Banned

Seriously, why would you join a carny circus run by an insane, fucked up billionaire with a body destroying schedule, shit money and the perception of being "uncool" which they managed to shed for all of 3 ish years before reverting back to lame ass fake wrestling shit.

Fucking VKM.

Show stomped on his hand

Another crazy thing: Big Show let Mayweather take a shoot punch at him to get him fired up during one of the angles.

A shoot punch!!!!

Sephzilla

Another crazy thing: Big Show let Mayweather take a shoot punch at him to get him fired up during one of the angles.

A shoot punch!!!!

I gotta give Show credit for that. Taking a totally unguarded shoot punch from a boxing champion is legitimately fucking dangerous

jmdajr

floyd and connor are better workers than real workers

and that's a shoot

floyd/connor is going to be fucking massive when it happens

tumblr_ogrmbolGDd1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Carny as Wrestling got a President in the White House! lol!

Now we can truly blame wrestling for ruining society! Attitude era was child's play!

Kaladin

I'm about to watch Royal Rumble 1998 this weekend, and Mike Tyson is going to be on Raw next week! I wonder if Real Ass Stone Cold will stun him too.

Menome

The one disappointment I have from losing Stardust is that we didn't get the comic-book rematch between him and Amell. I was pleasantly surprised at how well Amell handled himself in the ring and an extra amount of time training could have resulted in a decent one-on-one.

justjim89

Been catching up on this month's NXT episodes and I gotta say, I'm really liking Almas as a heel. Very Eddie Guerrero-esque, which I'm sure is what he's going for. Seems a lot more comfortable in that role. Needs a new theme, though.

Also, they better not put Roode over Dillenger. No reason for that to happen.

Been catching up on this month's NXT episodes and I gotta say, I'm really liking Almas as a heel. Very Eddie Guerrero-esque, which I'm sure is what he's going for. Seems a lot more comfortable in that role. Needs a new theme, though.

Also, they better not put Roode over Dillenger. No reason for that to happen.
I wouldn't be surprised if Roode beats Tye and it's used to push him to a feud with Nakamura.

I also really hope that Joe finally debuts on the main roster after Toronto.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Aztec Warfare was...kind of boring this year.

That was my first time watching it, it was a lot of fun.

Though I read some spoilers and...
Sexy Star loses it to Johnny Mundo already? In fact, Sexy Star has retired from wrestling to get into Boxing??

Recall

So when do Jericho and KO fallout and give us a killer ladder match for the universal title?

Wrestlemania?

Summerslam?

Never?

So when do Jericho and KO fallout and give us a killer ladder match for the universal title?

Wrestlemania?

Summerslam?

Never?
There's a very slim chance Owens is champ by 'Mania, and an even slimmer chance that he fights Jericho for the belt at 'Mania. Odds are their match is a non-title one that happens as a result of Jericho somehow costing Owens the belt.

Recall

There's a very slim chance Owens is champ by 'Mania, and an even slimmer chance that he fights Jericho for the belt at 'Mania. Odds are their match is a non-title one that happens as a result of Jericho somehow costing Owens the belt.

So a last man standing stipulation then?

Top Bottom