• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

From what I've seen Nikki Cross looks like a great wrestler but yeah, the crazy shit is not working at all for her.

I really like Royce and Kay tho, mostly for the LayCool vibes I get from them, although I'm forever upset Kay dropped her Carmen remix.

Edit: Those dolls look like Mii's.

I fear once she get's sent to the main show, they are going to treat her like Becky.

ReiGun

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-japan-10-of-the-greatest-women-matches-ever

GOgCPA2h.jpg
This is the weeb-est shit ever. And why is he going out of his way to shit on Cena?

There should be an NXT Rumble with the winner getting drafted to the brand of his choice.
That would actually be a really dope idea.

Right now the women roster tier is this:

Asuka, Ember Moon, Nikki Cross

Indie Expierence:

Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, Aliyah

Started in the performance center:

Liv Morgan, Mandy Rose, Daria Berenato

There's also Danielle Kamela, Macey Estrella, and Bianca Blair, who I think are all also PC originals. They're all just wrestling on house shows, though.

They've got people. Just little experience and no real heat on anyone aside from Asuka.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Aliyah had indie experience? Why does she look like she had never been in front of a crowd before?

Because she's 21 years old. She wasn't even eligible to get signed under their current rules.

I fear once she get's sent to the main show, they are going to treat her like Becky.
Like how for the first few months Becky was making those goofy ghost jokes? Or playing second fiddle while they focus on more important people, like how Becky was shoved in the background while Charlotte and Sasha got most of the attention.

RBH

Liv Morgan does absolutely nothing for me.

Looks like a knockoff version of Carmella with none of the personality, and hasn't showed much of anything in the ring either.

I like Billie Kay too. I don't know if she has IT or not, but I think there's real potential with her. She pulls off smug heel really well.

I want to like Liv Morgan but I can't get into her gimmick at all.

The thing with Liv Morgan's gimmick is that it's way too similar to Carmella's, which isn't going over at all so I'm not sure why Liv's would.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cross's gimmick isn't something that can't work, she just is overdoing it at the moment and she doesn't seem all that good at translating the gimmick to her in-ring work.

Cross gnawing on the rope, flailing and yelling for no actual known reason is definitely up there in one of the oddest character shifts I've seen in NXT.
I'm gonna root for her by default for now but yeeeeaaaah so far it's not been good.

That's kind of a shame as well when I consider that a good challenger to Asuka would be a convincingly crazy lady....no wonder they brought Mickie in!

Angry Grimace

Cross gnawing on the rope, flailing and yelling for no actual known reason is definitely up there in one of the oddest character shifts I've seen in NXT.
I'm gonna root for her by default for now but yeeeeaaaah so far it's not been good.

That's kind of a shame as well when I consider that a good challenger to Asuka would be a convincingly crazy lady....no wonder they brought Mickie in!

The being deranged thing is fine but they're going full on "has rabies" which doesn't work.

klonere

Banned
Loving the Yehi and Hotsauce push in EVOLVE. If Yehi was like, an inch and change taller he'd be in NXT like THAT.

Billie Kay has too thick lips. I prefer Peyton Royce, who can make that super-hateable super-bitch face.

Her knees are too pointy as well, hate that

ReiGun

Nikki Cross needs more "duffing out Eric Young to get to people" and "getting dq'd for being too violent" and less "biting myself and swinging on the ropes for no reason."

I think she knows where to take the character; just needs to tone some of the goofier shit down.

Angry Grimace

Nikki Cross needs more "duffing out Eric Young to get to people" and "getting dq'd for being too violent" and less "biting myself and swinging on the ropes for no reason."

I think she knows where to take the character; just needs to tone some of the goofier shit down.

I'm willing to give them time to get the gimmick right because I'd like to see more serious contenders for the women's division and they need more credible heels. I don't think people buy Royce or Kay as serious contenders. They're a lot more like replacement Dana Brookes.

Every time I've seen Nikki Storm I've thought she was terrible.

Remember her being at PCW and people seemed super excited to see her but she came across as a bad actress rather than convincing. Really over the top, hammy heel antics that just didn't work for me.

Distracted too much from the wrestling.

painey

so I heard there's a thing where you can get a 3 month trial for WWE Network if you are a new subscriber. I've never signed up on my own account, so does anyone know how to get them?

so I heard there's a thing where you can get a 3 month trial for WWE Network if you are a new subscriber. I've never signed up on my own account, so does anyone know how to get them?
Only if you had a trial once before. If you have an account now and cancel, you'll get a month free.

RBH

The 900th episode of Smackdown with appearances from The Undertaker and Edge drew 2,725,000 viewers, up 800,000 viewers following last week’s show which went head-to-head with the election results. The number represents the best audience since the July 26 episode of the show and nearly matched this week’s Raw which did 2,877,000 viewers.

31RrliB.gif

Watched ZSJ vs Hero from a Maine indie and, to little surprise, it was pretty great. At one point Zack crashed into the crowd and got barbecue sauce all over himself...who the hell eats ribs while sitting in the crowd at a wrestling show? C'mon, Maine.

Heroman

Banned
31RrliB.gif

Watched ZSJ vs Hero from a Maine indie and, to little surprise, it was pretty great. At one point Zack crashed into the crowd and got barbecue sauce all over himself...who the hell eats ribs while sitting in the crowd at a wrestling show? C'mon, Maine.
The question is who wouldn't eat BBQ ribs at a pro wrestling show?

Top Bottom