• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Kaladin

Royal Rumble 1998

This is surprisingly a show with 2 matches worth seeing. I say surprisingly because you can skip the Rumble entirely. The only thing you'll miss is the 3 faces of Foley and Stone Cold getting one of the most predictable Rumble wins ever.

Rock vs Shamrock was actually pretty good for what it was, you're starting to see more of The Rock we know here and that's kinda cool to see it develop. It was odd hearing JR call a Rock Bottom something generic.

HBK vs Undertaker was another good battle between these two even if it is my least favorite of theirs. The interference with Kane was a well done angle because they had you thinking Kane might side with Taker for a bit. It was a very enjoyable match that sets the stage for both HBK and Undertaker on the road to Wrestlemania.

As a side note, I watched the next Raw because I was anxious to see the Austin / Tyson angle again.

Some random Raw thoughts:

Paul Bearer's opening promo was great as usual.

Are they really trying to push Jim Cornette's NWA stuff as a stable, and teasing who will join next like it was the nWo?

DX Shenanigans are at their height right now. HBK dropping from the ceiling as Taker was amazing.

Austin/Tyson still holds up. You also get Vince going full McMahon for the first time. I always loved the "You ruined it, dammit!" line.

I'm ready for the Austin / McMahon ride :)

Royal Rumble 1998

This is surprisingly a show with 2 matches worth seeing. I say surprisingly because you can skip the Rumble entirely. The only thing you'll miss is the 3 faces of Foley and Stone Cold getting one of the most predictable Rumble wins ever.

Rock vs Shamrock was actually pretty good for what it was, you're starting to see more of The Rock we know here and that's kinda cool to see it develop. It was odd hearing JR call a Rock Bottom something generic.

HBK vs Undertaker was another good battle between these two even if it is my least favorite of theirs. The interference with Kane was a well done angle because they had you thinking Kane might side with Taker for a bit. It was a very enjoyable match that sets the stage for both HBK and Undertaker on the road to Wrestlemania.

As a side note, I watched the next Raw because I was anxious to see the Austin / Tyson angle again.

Some random Raw thoughts:

Paul Bearer's opening promo was great as usual.

Are they really trying to push Jim Cornette's NWA stuff as a stable, and teasing who will join next like it was the nWo?

DX Shenanigans are at their height right now. HBK dropping from the ceiling as Taker was amazing.

Austin/Tyson still holds up. You also get Vince going full McMahon for the first time. I always loved the "You ruined it, dammit!" line.

I'm ready for the Austin / McMahon ride :)
I just watched this again last night. Kind of cool when you realize the last 3 in the Rumble would play a huge part in the new era. Then the main event was a match between two of the best from the past two eras.

IMGP8276_R.jpg

Kaladin

I just watched this again last night. Kind of cool when you realize the last 3 in the Rumble would play a huge part in the new era. Then the main event was a match between two of the best from the past two eras.

True, though at this time you never for one second believed they would win over Stone Cold in that Rumble.

klonere

Banned
It seems like the best fo one of those ever released. Definitely better than the RCTW that just came out. The depth that the game has is kind of insane and the Steam Workshop support means it's likely to be a very good long term investment.

Excellent gonna grab it for sure sometime soon

k6tGzMLl.jpg

fy8JeMDl.jpg

if you don't love ibushi you are a garbage person

<3 Kota you crazy motherfucker.

Hero strikes me in the same manner - totally 100% always on wrestler who does it because he loves it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
1998 Royal Rumble is a beautiful, must watch event.

It's the first show I saw where the stage screamed "The WWF is back."

The main and sub main events are historic. Tyson is there. One of the best Royal Rumble match openings with Cactus and Terry Funk going ham.

1998 Royal Rumble is a beautiful, must watch event.

It's the first show I saw where the stage screamed "The WWF is back."

The main and sub main events are historic. Tyson is there. One of the best Royal Rumble match openings with Cactus and Terry Funk going ham.
Yep that ppv is still a big one. Rented it so much back in the day.

They did a good job of protecting people they had plans for back then.
Indeed. Now they don't even know what they want to do. The booking on the fly isn't smart.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He's got a lazy eye from an injury. I've had one since birth. It's hard to take a good picture with it sometimes, especially when someone else is taking it.

In Jericho's book he says its just a natural wandering eye, but I think Michaels claimed it had something to do with a botch during a match with Kane.

I'd probably err in favor of believing Jericho over Shawn since wrestlers are carnies who lie about this shit through their teeth.

Ibushi's the BEST. Crazy fuck just wants to flip off shit and shoot fireworks at people.

Biggest flake has to be that dude who missed a flight and then just quit wrestling.

They designed the CWC FOR him and halfway through he went nah b (after waffling for months)

Wait who's that dude? Is it me?! :p

Taue getting that win over Misawa was so fucking awesome - Misawa was always such a prick to him in their matches (for siding with Jumbo and then Kawada when he and Misawa split), so it was so huge to see him get the win finally. Taue's 95-96 run is probably one of my favourite things in wrestling, love the dude.

Top Bottom