• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

I get so happy watching NXT and then so sad after. The psychology, the presentation, the fact that no matches have screwy finishes for the sake of a storyline are all things that die on the main roster.

The storytelling in NXT matches are on such a high level compared to main roster, always subtle callbacks and reversals to past matches. Watching the Revival hold each others hands to stop from tapping but then tap out together is the kind of spots wrestling was made for.

imBask

Banned
I get so happy watching NXT and then so sad after. The psychology, the presentation, the fact that no matches have screwy finishes for the sake of a storyline are all things that die on the main roster.

The storytelling in NXT matches are on such a high level compared to main roster, always subtle callbacks and reversals to past matches. Watching the Revival hold each others hands to stop from tapping but then tap out together is the kind of spots wrestling was made for.

I was also saying that earlier... that tag team match was incredible, but also really sad because these guys won't ever get the chance to have a match like that on the main roster

i'd rather have NXT be it's own thing and remove the whole developmental aspect

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Revival has put on more classic matches in NXT than anyone else. It's scary how much they keep getting better. God I hope they don't go to raw at least until new day is vulnerable.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TakeOver was great. I got a big lol out of the guy in the OT thread who wouldn't stop complaining about how much the Revival suck, even during their show-stealing match
KuGsj.gif

Revival has put on more classic matches in NXT than anyone else. It's scary how much they keep getting better. God I hope they don't go to raw at least until new day is vulnerable.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DashWilderWWE

So Joe and nak are staying in nxt huh, that is just dumb.

Nobody gets called up late-year anyways. It's a dead time and a really dead time to introduce anyone new unless you want them to die on the vine.

Nekofrog

Banned
i would love it if the revival would show up like the day before new day is about to break the record and win the belts off them

but thats incredibly marky and dumb

Demolition held the belts for 478 days. New Day will be at 455 tomorrow.

They're getting beat at Roadblack or Royal Rumble, so if Revival got called up to Raw and pushed they could be the ones.

Grimace brought up a great point. Maybe Shinsuke wins it back in Japan. But that's only 2 weeks away. In seen stranger things but who knows.

ReiGun

The problem with the current NXT model is that it serves too many masters. It's meant to be a developmental program to build up new talent and get them used to working TV before heading to the main roster. By design, people like Joe and Nak are not supposed to be there that long. The roster is meant to lose people. Problem is, the true developmental talent can't carry a show on their own. So in order to sell tickets to events and keep people watching, it needs workers who can get heat and put on good matches.

So everyone ends up staying longer than they need to. Doesn't help that they still haven't quite worked out a system for deciding who gets called up. Not to mention that their roster was gutted this year, so they're gonna be holding on tight to the stars they have left.

Now I personally don't mind because it means we get shows like tonight. But I think in the long run, WWE needs to rethink what exactly they want NXT to be.

DMczaf

They were bros til the end 😔😢😥

Certainly a significant part of NXT and why it's become a touring brand is evidence for Triple H to show investors that he can actually run a wrestling promotion in the event Vince steps down/dies. There's logic to that that I can't fault, but it's definitely hurting the main roster to keep such talented people away from it.

imBask

Banned
Certainly a significant part of NXT and why it's become a touring brand is evidence for Triple H to show investors that he can actually run a wrestling promotion in the event Vince steps down/dies. There's logic to that that I can't fault, but it's definitely hurting the main roster to keep such talented people away from it.

in theory yes

in reality not really because we wouldn't have these matches on the main roster. NXT has the advantage of not being stuck in a dirty spiral of "I owe you one pal" matches and shoehorning

Anth0ny

i feel like joe or nakamura will debut during the rumble. it's going to be a big show, so they're probably saving some big moments for it.

RBH

They do suck. Worst match on the card by far.

Repeating basically the same one-liner ad nauseam without any thought or substance behind your posts is borderline trolling at this point, honestly. It's especially baffling when you try to use tonight's tag match of all possible matches to try and push your point when the match is being universally praised across the board. But I've already spent way too many posts on this.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They do suck. Worst match on the card by far.
Your gimmick is not getting over.

Repeating basically the same one-liner ad nauseam without any thought or substance behind your posts is borderline trolling at this point, honestly. It's especially baffling when you try to use tonight's tag match of all possible matches to try and push your point when the match is being universally praised across the board. But I've already spent way too many posts on this.
"Borderline"

Alright here are some specifics: the Revival have a fairly boring move set, really dry personalities, no strong identity other than being a super generic tag team who wins through cheating, and a terrible look. The match only got good near the end with the psychology regarding the leg. DIY is a fun team but they aren't quite good enough to make a match with them all that entertaining. The first two falls felt like they came out of nowhere and the match really never felt like it had any flow until the last 5 minutes or so.

NXT must be a blast. Everyone is always so sad when they have to go.

Can you blame anyone for being upset to go from NXT booking to main roster booking?

You go from looking like a star to looking like a jabroni on a weekly basis. I think the only benefit would be the pay increase.

Can you blame anyone for being upset to go from NXT booking to main roster booking?

You go from looking like a star to looking like a jabroni on a weekly basis. I think the only benefit would be the pay increase.
Yeah and higher recognition and larger crowds. I fear for those who can't talk well, though, as that seems like a necessity to the writers unless you're being billed as a silent monster.

Nekofrog

Banned
just rewatched DIY/Revival. Gahhhhhh can't think of a better match within the last 6 months. there isn't one single second of downtime where i'm not being entertained by something in it, from character mannerisms and interactions, to the actual moves

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tag team wrestling has some of the most talents its ever had right now, unfortunately few companies treat the medium with any kind of respect toehr than 'an easy way to show a lot of people getting their spots in'
Club and AA suck

As I've said before, Joe needs to go all out and start a one-man invasion to take all the titles just like Bobby Lashley and Conor McGregor. Start with Roman with the US title, then the IC title cause he's NXT so in a loop hole he's neither Raw or Smackdown. Go for AJ's title, then KO's Universal title. ALL THE TITLES BITCHES.

HWnKfBA.gif

Samoa Joe has IT, brother.

I got home and put on takeover. Just finished the The Revival match. THAT FUCKING MATCH, HOLY SHIT REVIVAL HAS BEEN MONEY SINCE THEY'VE ARRIVED. God damn when he slid on the floor to stop Gargano from tagging, milking the crowd heat, the heel tactics, holding each other's hand at the end. DIY is good as well. Jesus I cannot say enough good things about this match. Wow. Top guy stuff indeed.

yes, I know I posted this on the takeover thread but i figured the conversation moved to the wrastlin' thread

I was watching takeover and my fiancée came home from work. When she sat down and started watching it she thought that I was watching old WWF because of how excited the crowd was.
When I told her it was nxt and because they were in Canada she was surprised.

She watches WWE with me but she hasn't seen a crowd this hot ever during WWE.

It bummed me out because of how tame WWE crowds are now.

Pikma

Banned
I love seeing people board The Revival train, I've been on board since TakeOver London

Also, another reminder of

THE REVIVAL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> American Alpha

The truth about AA is that they're green af and need Dash & Dawson to make them look like a million dollars, that's why they've had problems trying to get over all by themselves

Pikma

Banned
The thing that made it for me was Ciampa getting sent against the post face first near the end

That's how 99% of the WWE tag team matches end, including NXT, so seeing Ciampa recover just in time to save Gargano made me legit mark out.

fuck, what a match

Top Bottom