• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

miserable

brother Verendus got exposed in that FFXV thread, so he took his ball and went home. I mean, the dude is a Reigns mark and he hates FFXII. now how can you trust the word of someone like that?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is Corbin actually injured or what?

I needed to see The Lone Wolf throw Braun over the top ropes and throw The Big Dog out of his yard.

Here's my small little review of NXT Takeover:

Roode vs Tye "10" - Didn't see it as I was outside but man Roode's entrance. Fucking fiyah.

TM-61 vs Authors of Pain - Didn't see it, don't care for it.

#DIY vs The Revival 2 out of 3 Falls - I didn't think this would top their first encounter since 2 out of 3 Falls matches aren't so great but man these two teams know each other so well. The Revival were fucking awesome with their heel tactics which in turn made you want to root for #DIY. Not upset that #DIY won because this was the perfect time. Does The Revival go to the main brands or stick around for another rematch? Who knows but they and #DIY deserve success after this brawl.

Mickie James vs Asuka - People thought this would be so gimmick throwaway match because of a returning Superstar. However, I'm glad Mickie proved the doubters wrong. This was a great women's match and it definitely surpasses the Asuka/Bayley encounters by far. The ending was a bit abrupt so I'm hoping WWE gives Mickie another chance at Asuka and maybe have her win. There's no other woman on NXT on Asuka's level and after that match, I'm pretty sure the crowd wants more Mickie.

Samoa Joe vs Shinsuke Nakamura - Pretty great rematch. Samoa Joe came out like a final boss while Nakamura's String Style Squad was a bit too corny. Back and forth stuff with Samoa suffering a laceration. If someone deserves to be a 2-time NXT champion, I'm glad it's Joe because not only he deserves it, it's fucking believable. He's a monster heel to the fullest. I don't think this hurt Nakamura's rep and maybe it'll light a fire under him for their potential rematch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that tag match was fucking unbelievable and Revival is the best Tag Tesm in...how many years?

Will be a sad day when they get called up

I love the Revival and I'm so worried they'll not work out. I think if they go to Smackdown they'll, maybe, fit in perfectly? I just love that there is a Horseman esque tag team that hasn't dropped it yet. I'm way more into smaller gimmicks than over the top angles.

You mean down they go

Ugh, just saw the tweet. Im ready for their career 12-team tag matches.

They should just move up Revival & DIY, put them on Smackdown and let that division flourish. I know people hate the Usos, but I think with AA, Revial and DIY there could be a solid tag group there.

Menome

Just caught up with NXT Takeover. Damn, that was a great show from top-to-bottom. Every match was great fun to watch, even Authors Of Pain vs TM61. Plus, my predictions weren't too far off.

I did cost Nakamura the title though, sorry friends.

Best show the wwf's put on this year.

Revival/DIY was the standout match of course, but the other championship matches were great too, and the roode/dillinger and tm61/authors matches were fun enough.

The Joe music botch was hilarious.

Jamie OD

So let's say Nakamura stays in NXT but doesn't win the title back before Mania. What should NXT do with him for Takeover Orlando? I say give him Ibushi if it's possible. If there is any pairing in NXT that can beat Shinsuke Vs Sami it's Shinsuke Vs Ibushi.

Corbin was obviously dropped from the tag match so he can start his feud with DA UNDAHTAKAH, the big bad wolf of Smackdown is gonna huff and puff and blow Taker's house down.
See look at that promo potential.

Just caught up with NXT Takeover. Damn, that was a great show from top-to-bottom. Every match was great fun to watch, even Authors Of Pain vs TM61. Plus, my predictions weren't too far off.

I did cost Nakamura the title though, sorry friends.

No need to apologise, Joey Samoey is the superior champ.

Zach

I appreciate what The Revival does -- harking back to great tag team wrassle of yesterday while including enough over-the-top get-your-spots-in action of today's wrassle -- but their look is still really bad. And that theme makes me want to die.

Heroman

Banned
I love the Revival and I'm so worried they'll not work out. I think if they go to Smackdown they'll, maybe, fit in perfectly? I just love that there is a Horseman esque tag team that hasn't dropped it yet. I'm way more into smaller gimmicks than over the top angles.
Given how they treated the club and American alpha I fear for them in the main roster.

Menome

I appreciate what The Revival does -- harking back to great tag team wrassle of yesterday while including enough over-the-top get-your-spots-in action of today's wrassle -- but their look is still really bad. And that theme makes me want to die.

God yes, CFO$ usually hits it out of the park, the Revival theme is like a foul tip into their own crotch.

I love their theme. Completes the package of them feeling like 90s heels.

pETLohS.gif

I missed seeing that kick...
I love Asuka's selling of the kick.

WMOSjLL.jpg

Not exactly a fan of Lethal, so not terribly excited for that main event...or Briscoes/Bucks in singles matches, but Ospreay vs Scurll, Castle vs Rush & Dijak vs White should be pretty good, plus MCMG vs Addiction vs reDRagon.

Mahonay

Banned
Watched TakeOver late last night.

DIY vs The Revival was absolutely fucking incredible. How those guys could remember that many complex spots, and execute on all of them, is beyond me. God damn. That goes right in my list for MOTY contenders.

Great opening match too. Both Roode and Tye had a larger than life feel in the ring, and they had the crowd eating from their palms. I really hope they give Tye a legit shot on the main roster, there's star presence there with him. Nothing needs to be said about Roode, dude is an absolute legend.

I loved how over the 10 chant was the entire night. I hope that helps Tye get an actual push.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Well that was my only concern about them on the main roster. Hopefully they're not squandered or fed to new day. Revival should hugely elevate whatever show they go to. In ring story telling is a lot more resistant to bad writing. Its why Owens was bulletproof for so long.

Mahonay

Banned
Well that was my only concern about them on the main roster. Hopefully they're not squandered or fed to new day. Revival should hugely elevate whatever show they go to. In ring story telling is a lot more resistant to bad writing. Its why Owens was bulletproof for so long.
Dash and Dawson are both short non-buff guys, so I do worry how Vince will think they should be used. If put on Smackdown though, I am more confident that they will thrive. And if thrown on RAW... it could be pretty catastrophic for them.

Anth0ny

Theatre is pretty full for Jericho and Owens

They asked who was winning team raw or team smack down. Raw got a quiet response. Smack down got a thunderous applause. Then a HUGE Ellsworth chant.

Ellsworth is gonna be so fucking over tonight

Top Bottom