• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

justjim89

I hate when the rules are all over the place. Owens hits someone with the list and it's a DQ. Dean Ambrose comes out to the point a dozen security men have to hold him out and the ref just shrugs it off. Strowman gets counted out, the Shield spend like a minute or two outside during that whole powerbomb sequence and the ref doesn't bother once.

Owens was a participant in the match. So he got DQed. Ambrose was already eliminated, so what do they do? Eliminate the guy from the other team currently in the ring? There's precedent for this with the Team Austin vs. Team Bischoff match. Jericho got eliminated and immediately attacked HBK with a weapon, and there's nothing the ref could do.

goldberg-meng-little-caesars-pizza1.gif

ReiGun

Even though Ambrose doing that was stupid, it makes sense now that I think about it why he did it. Styles was the one who let him get eliminated. Braun was pinning Ambrose and Styles could have stopped it but he kept looking and Ambrose was out. Ambrose coming out, while it did fuck up Styles and the team, he at least had a reason. Thankfully SD won.

Styles and Ambrose were just too focused on their own grudge rather than the team as a whole.

This is why I liked the men's match. It properly continued the stories for the people involved. Owens using the list as a weapon. Dean turning on Styles and helping Roman and Reigns eliminate him. Randy taking a spear for Bray. Ellsworth keeping Braun outside. All moments that built on the characters and laid groundwork for continuing their stories.

Compared to the Tag and Women's matches, which were just everyone getting their shit in with no care for storytelling at all. What a waste.

Owens was a participant in the match. So he got DQed. Ambrose was already eliminated, so what do they do? Eliminate the guy from the other team currently in the ring? There's precedent for this with the Team Austin vs. Team Bischoff match. Jericho got eliminated and immediately attacked HBK with a weapon, and there's nothing the ref could do.
What I mean is that outside interference is outside interference and it should be an automatic DQ. We had it earlier in the same night in a singles match with Baron rushing in on the CW match. Ambrose may have been in the match beforehand but he got eliminated, him coming out again and actively fighting legal participants, even if his own teammate is still grounds for a DQ against someone on the Raw team (Roman and Rollins probably should have gotten the DQ given they helped Dean beat AJ up).

justjim89

Brock would be the most dominant beast of all time and any new talent that was booked correctly to go over him would be wrestling's next big thing.

Now that heat has been transfered to a 50 years old Goldberg.

Hopefully bill will put some full time talent over to make the broken streak and the loss of Brock's aura not be for nothing other than a nostalgia pop with no long term benefit.

Lesnar has lost matches since ending the streak. His "credibility" didn't disappear then and it doesn't now. The next guy that beats Brock Lesnar is still a guy who beats Brock Lesnar. It's not some kind of math equation where the credibility gets subtracted from the loser of the match. It's an ongoing story, and this makes perfect sense as a chapter of that story. Lesnar will win the third match, which will likely go a proper length, and redeem his character from this uncharacteristic and unexpected setback.

This is a million times better, and more interesting, than another Lesnar squash and another Heyman "I TOLD YOU SO" promo on Raw tomorrow.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm thinking Smackdown feuds are going to move to Dean/Taker, AJ/Bray after this since Dean fucked it up for Smackdown

God dang Bill just got back and all yall are like BOY I HOPE HE JOBS TO SOME OF MY YOUNG FAVORITES

Caderfix

Lesnar has lost matches since ending the streak. His "credibility" didn't disappear then and it doesn't now.

Brock didn't lose tonight, Brock was squashed. That's the difference.

This is a million times better, and more interesting, than another Lesnar squash and another Heyman "I TOLD YOU SO" promo on Raw tomorrow.

I'm 100% ok with Golgberg's victory. The problem is how it was achieved.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm thinking Smackdown feuds are going to move to Dean/Taker, AJ/Bray after this since Dean fucked it up for Smackdown

God dang Bill just got back and all yall are like BOY I HOPE HE JOBS TO SOME OF MY YOUNG FAVORITES

I really want to know what Miz does. I hope he doesn't defect to Raw.

justjim89

Brock didn't lose tonight, Brock was squashed. That's the difference.

In my mind, Lesnar losing a long, hard fought, almost certainly boring match would be worse for his character than this. More minutes of bad TV that he'd be a part of. Tonight, Goldberg effectively sucker-punched him and got the win before Brock could properly take stock of the situation.

Agree to disagree, but I'd like to think you can see a certain degree of logic in this.

Part timers giving the rub to new up and comers never ever goddamn happens like why do people keep asking for it, it's WWE.

This kind of stuff barely even mixes in the the actual full time roster, it's a fantasy league of legends trading wins with each other a couple of times a year to bring in ratings, this shit doesn't matter.

Caderfix

In my mind, Lesnar losing a long, hard fought, almost certainly boring match would be worse for his character than this. More minutes of bad TV that he'd be a part of. Tonight, Goldberg effectively sucker-punched him and got the win before Brock could properly take stock of the situation.

Agree to disagree, but I'd like to think you can see a certain degree of logic in this.

Sorry, but I really don't see how an actual hard fought battle between the two most dominant of all time could be worse for any of their characters than one of them being treated worse than Sin Cara in his matches against Braun Strowman.

But I agree with the agree to disagree part.

justjim89

Sorry, but I really don't see how an actual hard fought battle between the two most dominant of all time could be worse for any of their characters than one of them being treated worse than Sin Cara in his matches against Braun Strowman.

But I agree with the agree to disagree part.

I'd frame it like this: Lesnar being surprised by a 50 year old man is better than Lesnar failing to outlast a 50 year old man in an actual contest.

But I think we're looking at it from different angles.

Barrage

Watchhed it live-so fun. So great. The best in-ring event ive ever seen live from WWE.

There was literally no pleasing haters on Brock/Berg. Ill take that over some Kenny Omega trash anyday.

Im glad I saw Hogan/Rock live, and im glad I saw this.

Only negative I have about that result is Sting should have gotten treated better. WCW deserved better than just this one ounce of good, post-death

The Br*ck era is over, we did it. I did it.

Caderfix

Quit whining, if you don't like it, don't watch it.

Anyone "whining" watched the product and came to the ot to express their opinion. Your post is just as bad as saying "Stop whining. If you don't like people talking about a wrestling promotion/PPV, don't open the thread."

Heroman

Banned
Watchhed it live-so fun. So great. The best in-ring event ive ever seen live from WWE.

There was literally no pleasing haters on Brock/Berg. Ill take that over some Kenny Omega trash anyday.

Is this a work?

Tagyhag

What the hell bro.

Only negative I have about that result is Sting should have gotten treated better. WCW deserved better than just this one ounce of good, post-death

The Br*ck era is over, we did it. I did it.
You haven't done anything. Brock makes 3 mil a year, how about you? Until you're negotiating contracts with the biggest promotion in the world you've yet to do anything. Vince doesn't care what you or anyone else thinks.

Anyone "whining" watched the product and came to the ot to express their opinion. Your post is just as bad as saying "Stop whining. If you don't like people talking about a wrestling promotion/PPV, don't open the thread."
So? You still paid or took time out to watch it, if you think it sucks, stop watching. Either way, Vince won.

c8e.gif

What I mean is that outside interference is outside interference and it should be an automatic DQ. We had it earlier in the same night in a singles match with Baron rushing in on the CW match. Ambrose may have been in the match beforehand but he got eliminated, him coming out again and actively fighting legal participants, even if his own teammate is still grounds for a DQ against someone on the Raw team (Roman and Rollins probably should have gotten the DQ given they helped Dean beat AJ up).

Yeah but if they did that by all logic all a team woukd have to do.is get on of their guys intentionally beaten and then come back out and "attack" their teammates until the other team all got DQ'd

Caderfix

So? You still paid or took time out to watch it, if you think it sucks, stop watching. Either way, Vince won.

c8e.gif

I really don't care if Vince won and don't think that the way anyone chooses to spend their time and/or money is of your concern. But, oh well, keep on with the quality posting. It sure does wonders for the community.

Yeah but if they did that by all logic all a team woukd have to do.is get on of their guys intentionally beaten and then come back out and "attack" their teammates until the other team all got DQ'd
Which is a whole other can of worms. I guess at the end of it it's just another example of WWE using rules and forgetting them in the blink of an eye that will never change.

November 20, 2016: We did it and I did it

Cader I love your posts, keep fighting the good fight and ignore anyone telling you to stop. We did it and we always will do it

That said, please respect the dead and get a younger happier moment of Shane's as an av. It's what he'd have wanted

Top Bottom