• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

She shouldn't. Alexa is still pretty green and needs to develop some more. She'll probably be champ in the next year but it's a bad call giving her the belt this early.

She might be green in ring but she's beyond ready mic and pure character and storytelling wise

But sure maybe wait a little. I'm just concerned they'll let her cool off and vanish into the background

Who has KO beat clean in this title run?
wtzgU.gif

He could really do with one here.

He's a heel. He doesn't need to win clean.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Who has KO beat clean in this title run?
wtzgU.gif

He could really do with one here.

But the entire point is that he just got handed the title and cheated to retain it. He's a heel, that's how all heels.

Fun fact: Owens is the longest tenured world champion in the entire year, although I think AJ Styles can technically beat him if Owens loses the title at Roadblock.

Oersted

She might be green in ring but she's beyond ready mic and pure character and storytelling wise

But sure maybe wait a little. I'm just concerned they'll let her cool off and vanish into the background

He's a heel. He doesn't need to win clean.

It helps. His debut on the main roster is proof enough.

She probably needs the confident and strong ring ability to be the champ, especially in a division where arguably most of the workers aren't too fantastic in the ring. The Naomi match convinced me as great a talker she is, in the ring she still has some work. It's why I like the Becky feud as Becky's the most well-rounded woman on the roster and can take her to some good matches and have her develop.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The other issue is that if you're worried about Owens winning clean you're confused about the current character he's playing.

He hasn't been doing the "prizefighter" gimmick since the beginning of the run which is his "serious" gimmick. The issue is that he's better at the comedy chickenshit heel than anyone else they have, including Rollins. He's better at the serious asshole heel thing too, but that isn't as good when they're not sold on you as a top guy, which they aren't.

You're right, he doesn't need it. He shouldn't a stopgap Corporate Champion like Sheamus though. He should be a genuine threat; there should be a reason why Triple H picked him.
It's pretty clear the reason he was picked was that HHH still hates the shit out of Roman and he considers Seth a failure. Cass is meh and he was already eliminated so he had to go with Owens.

number47

The other issue is that if you're worried about Owens winning clean you're confused about the current character he's playing.

He hasn't been doing the "prizefighter" gimmick since the beginning of the run which is his "serious" gimmick. The issue is that he's better at the comedy chickenshit heel than anyone else they have, including Rollins. He's better at the serious asshole heel thing too, but that isn't as good when they're not sold on you as a top guy, which they aren't.
Starting to question if having a chickenshit heel is used to slow down the product manually to readjust. AJ Styles is having the similar run on Smackdown with james.

Tagyhag

Can someone explain to me why Roman, the US champion, is not defending the title in the midcard rather than just having it go to waste while trying for the Universal Championship?

Angry Grimace

It makes me laugh when people complain about finishers not being protected enough even though protected finishers fucking suck.

So we're gonna have somebody with the US championship already go to the main event of the next RAW PPV to fight for another championship.

This seems like a good use of both championships. For sure.

For suuuuure.

Angry Grimace

Roman got a decent pop there.

Dumb that Roman doesn't have to put his title on the line

So we're gonna have somebody with the US championship already go to the main event of the next RAW PPV to fight for another championship.

This seems like a good use of both championships. For sure.

For suuuuure.

They're pulling a Conor McGregor

Guy wins belt, never defends it, wins other belt, gets rid of first belt from neglect

Top Bottom