• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Austin's entrance with the belt really is the GOAT.

It's like watching a pitbull drag something you know he'd kill you for if you tried to take it away from him.

I'd like to see someone book a wrestling champion who only brings the belt to the ring when they have to defend it. Any other time, they wear something like a jacket or robe that proclaims them as champion. They can sell it as protecting an investment and that they didn't want anyone to steal the belt or for it to go missing in travel or anything like that.

Of course, someone would steal the belt right out of their bag while they're wrestling or something of that nature.
That's a nice idea. The championship just needs to be treated like a bigger deal in general. That was one of the better things about Lesnar's title run. He was a big deal. Owens just shows up every week and chumps out.

212e8ffb0c8f76f6b1af95dc92f23fe9.jpg

Sephzilla

Bret Hart, Ric Flair, and Stone Cold are probably my favorites in terms of "carrying a title". Flair made belts look prestigious as fuck when he was sporting them either with his nice suits or robes. He also had people carry his belts for him from time to time and that gave the whole thing some magic to it. Hart always looked good when the belt was around his waist or over his shoulder, he generally seemed like he treated the belt with respect. Austin's whole "I don't give a fuck about this belt" attitude was so spot on for his character

The Ummah

Banned
I really like where The Miz is sitting right now. He can be a main eventer at any time, but have him hold onto that belt for dear life until after Wrestlemania and he will be golden.

I can see him with a major title run next year once these feuds die down.

It's still so crazy, this dude was on The Real World with his made up persona. Look at him now.

Edit: Look at the swagger during that Eddie entrance thooooo

RIP

Kaladin

Of all the talent on the main roster, I'd send Miz down to the performance center and even NXT TV.

He'd get much better in the wrestling department and he'd have a built in "better than thou" angle on NXT TV.

Caderfix

I wouldn't send the Miz away, but I'd make Maryse's role during matches become at least 50% less prominent. At first it was fun, but now it's boring and the SS bell thing was really bad.

Miz is one of the best around in WWE, smackdown would lose so much if he was gone. I love the dynamic he has with Maryse too but they need to chill with her output in his matches. it's every time now.

Zach

Fun fact: I watched a little bit of white meat babyface Eddie Guerrero vs. The Barbarian of all people this morning. It was from 1996, shortly before Bash at the Beach '96. :')

Roman's I don't know how but spear looks worse than Edge's running hug. I could've sworn that one that ended his match last night was more like a botched crossbody where the guy forgot to jump.

Kaladin

Also a better heel than Miz : Braun Strowman.

I love how they put him over last night. He looked like a legit monster. Like Mark Henry used to look.

Top Bottom